News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Alpha Legion and Renegade Project *Pic Heavy* Update: Moved to a New Location  (Read 17971 times)

Offline Greggor Sin, the Jolly

• Steampunk: Yeah, it's kind of like that
I really like the idea of themed Traitor Guardsmen to match a CSM warband!  well done!

I second Devil Sniper!  More pics!

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
OOOO sexyyyy. Can you do sqd by sqd pics?

I will try once I get my 2nd platoon finished. More pics soon

I really like the idea of themed Traitor Guardsmen to match a CSM warband!  well done!

I second Devil Sniper!  More pics!

Thanks, these guys work real well with the whole infiltration system that Alpha Legion are famous for. Also they were the only legion in the previous dex that had cultist as an option. The paint job for my renegades is simple enough to work with the AL Scheme and still make them unique. It allows me to try out a new army(Alpha Legion) while allowing me to continue enjoying my fave army in 40K(IG).
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
A Massive new Update to my project today! I got some pics of some of the models I've been working on the last month or so. I've been very busy over the weekends so I have tried to squeeze time here and there to get these guys finished....so check it out and let me know what you think! :)

The CSM Forces of Arkos the Faithless.....

First we have the big man himself...Arkos The Faithless! I still have to finish the base, but the model is finished now....he was a lot of fun to convert and paint

Next is a contingent of Plague Marines which I got in a deal on the side and added them to my warband....I still have to work on 2 more models for the group, and I should be able to field 2 squads of 11 marines a piece...

Now for my Legion of the Dragon renegade forces.....

I have finally finished the centerpiece of this army...my HSO Conversion....It took me a little bit of work to figure out how I was going to pose this conversion....The cyber dog was perfect for this conversion....

My version of the Rogue Psyker for the army....I like the FW ones, but this guy was perfect too for the army theme.....

Now for some Heavy Support....1 LRMBT and 2 LR Exterminators for armor support....The crewmen on the heavy stubbers will be painted a bit different then the regular troopers in the infantry to add a bit of color...these guys are still a WIP.....more to come when they are finished...

Finally a preview of one the next add ons.....a Chaos Terminator Force....These are all metal chaos termies, and I still have 4 more that need another model to bring the force up to 20 models....I also want to get the metal Termi Lord and field this in Apocalypse with the terminator formation datasheet....I mounted these guys on 40MM bases instead of the 25MM they used to be on before.....I think they look much better on these bases...
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Offline Greggor Sin, the Jolly

• Steampunk: Yeah, it's kind of like that
I love that Psyker model: where's it from?

Love the work on the DG, too.  And that HSO came out nice!

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
I love that Psyker model: where's it from?

Love the work on the DG, too.  And that HSO came out nice!

Thanks! The Psyker is an old GW/Citadel Rogue Trader model from way back in the day....FW Wasn't working for me this time, and the current Psyker line didn't fit the theme...but this guy was perfect...

This weekend brings a new major addition to my chaos forces. I was inspired over the weekend to build a Chaos Slaanesh Subjugator! If you have never seen this before, might be because its an Apocalypse Super Heavy Walker, similar to the Brass Scorpion. I wanted to add something different then a scorpion to my force and this is the result. I picked up a Defiler kit Friday night before the bunker shut down for the day, and spend two nights working on this beast. First night the legs and the other night the rest basically. Today it will see battle in an apocalypse battle against a possible Dark Angels/Deathwing army! So wish me luck! ;)

Here are some pics of the finished model. The top is not glued on to the legs just yet, and the legs are not glued to the middle piece yet either....

Here is a scale shot between the Subjugator and my Armorcast Warhound.

I still have a bit of work left with the Greenstuff and posing the model, as well as being mounted on a base which will help the stability of the model a lot.

Offline voltarian

• don't be scared...
very cool
Today it will see battle in an apocalypse battle against a possible Dark Angels/Deathwing army! So wish me luck! ;)
  How did you get on in the battle??? ;D

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
very cool
Today it will see battle in an apocalypse battle against a possible Dark Angels/Deathwing army! So wish me luck! ;)
  How did you get on in the battle??? ;D

As far as the Subjugator went, it walked up to a Baneblade on the first turn and SMASHED IT! It took out all 3 Structure points on the first assault and cause a Catastrophic Apocalyptic explosion....I'd say it passed its baptism of fire with flying colors! ;)

Later on it went on to smash the Master of the Deathwing too in CC. It was a fun battle and the forces of Chaos were very pleased with the outcome, and Arkos once again put the Dark Angels to shame! All is good..... ;)

Offline voltarian

• don't be scared...
As far as the Subjugator went, it walked up to a Baneblade on the first turn and SMASHED IT! It took out all 3 Structure points on the first assault and cause a Catastrophic Apocalyptic explosion....I'd say it passed its baptism of fire with flying colors! ;)

Later on it went on to smash the Master of the Deathwing too in CC. It was a fun battle and the forces of Chaos were very pleased with the outcome, and Arkos once again put the Dark Angels to shame! All is good..... ;)
[/quote]

Nice i wish that would happen with me and my imperial guard and space marines!!!(no not loosing lol :D)

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
Re: Chaos Renegades and CSM Alpha Legion Project **Pic Heavy** Update: 6/29
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2008, 10:08:29 PM »
Hello Hello! From out of the shadows we are back! Yes its been a while since I last updated my project, and that's due to some RL stuff going on and not time to post here....Anyways in that time I have been lured to Papa Nurgle's reach, and I have been working furiously on a 1500 point Nurgle Marine force.....Although I have now been able to also finish more Alpha Legion goodness....So here are some new images....

First off a new unit joins...TERMINATORS! Just finished a squad of Alpha Legion Terminators last week, and I'm working on the other 10(2 Squads) as I post this....I also got a spare squad that is looking good for Death Guard conversion....

Next we have a finally completed Arkos the Faithless conversion....What do you think?

Anyways that's it for now....Once the nurgle force is finished I will post them here as allied forces to my Alpha Legion army....I'm also working on 2 squads of 1K Sons who will also join my Chaos forces soon....So more pics on the way! :)

Enjoy!

Offline BrassScorpion

• Best Painted Baneblade
  • Join Us!
    • My Warhammer Miniature Pictures
Re: Chaos Renegades and CSM Alpha Legion Project **Pic Heavy** Update: 9/18
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2008, 11:45:15 PM »
Those models look familiar.  ;) Good job, keep painting!

P.S. I haven't logged on here in about a week, but I did so tonight just to give this modeling and painting log a bump. Painted armies deserve extra recognition because they make the game more fun.
"I hate movies where the men wear shorter skirts than the women." --- Mystery Science Theater 3000
"Better Smeg Than Dead." --- Red Dwarf

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
« Reply #30 on: October 5, 2008, 07:43:19 PM »
Thanks for the comments everyone....I got a MEGA update today. For the last few months I have been working on an allied contingent for my Legion. After quickly finishing my Nurgle Marines, I decided to make a good size nurgle contingent to join forces with Arkos. Not to mention making a fun nearly Pure Nurgle Themed Army! So after all the nights of hard work here it is....The First of my allied forces. The force will also stand in as my Tournament army till my Alphas are done or not, we'll see how it works out. The force stands at 1750 Points....Enjoy! :)

The Grey Death Legion

HQ

Daemon Prince

Nurgle Sorcerer

Elite

Terminators

Troops

1st Squad

2nd Squad

3rd Squad

Heavy Support

Obliterators

Offline IGBunker (-Hela - Finnail-)

• Ork Boy | Infinity Circuit
  • Fear not the death Brothers.forshe is old and slow
papa nurgle will be impressed they look fantastic!

Good work man, cant wait to see more!!
Guant "Men on tanith do you wish to live forever!?!"

Formaly and now know as Hela- Finnail

W/L/D since Oct 2010
Saim hann eldar- 4-0-1
Trench guard- (On hold)
Guard armoured company- 1-0-0

Offline BrassScorpion

• Best Painted Baneblade
  • Join Us!
    • My Warhammer Miniature Pictures
« Reply #32 on: October 5, 2008, 11:12:44 PM »
After quickly finishing my Nurgle Marines, I decided to make a good size nurgle contingent to join forces with Arkos. Not to mention making a fun nearly Pure Nurgle Themed Army!

Nurgle is most pleased with both the appearance and size of the force. Especially pleasing to Nurgle is the appearance of the Obliterators and their performance in yesterday's Lucky 13's Apocalypse battle at our Battle Bunker. Good, creative work!
"I hate movies where the men wear shorter skirts than the women." --- Mystery Science Theater 3000
"Better Smeg Than Dead." --- Red Dwarf

Offline voltarian

• don't be scared...
They...look...ownag e!

I think i am copying the idea of traitor guards and a few chaos together for my new army i got planned..... whatch this space....

(whats with all the dots........ :P)

Offline Sputnik

• Colonel, Best Painted Open Comp.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No rules, just ride.
    • My Gallery
My hat off to you, dude. This army looks great. And the Plague Obliterators came out beautifully.
All the Emperor requires of us guardsmen is that we stand the line and we die fighting. It is what we do best. We die standing.

Offline Arkion

Ha, this blog is great.

Bam, instant Nurgle.

Looks really solid, overall.  A brown/black ink wash would help you define your recesses; right now, the models don't have any real contrast, which makes your fine details disappear.  If you're hesitant to use inks, Badab Black or Ogryn Flesh washes would also do the trick.

Love the blue skin on the green marines.  And the bone protrusions too!  Great work.

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
Thanks for the comments all! I'm pleased to announce that the Grey Death Legion has claimed its first Tournament win this month. An event called "Last Man Standing" was run at the battle bunker, where players played 1 game each week, in a tournament style campaign. Losing only to pointy ear Eldar in my first game, I went on to smash both an IG and Raven Guard marines armies for the win! WOO HOO!! I'm looking forward to more tournie games in the future....

Now as to what I am up to now....I just finished working on 2 squads of support Lascannons for my Renegades and I am deep into working on my 3rd renegade Platoon now. I am hoping to have them done or nearly done by the end of this week.....On top of that I am also working on Alpha Legion themed "Stealth Squad" in disguise as a Deathwatch Kill Team...add to that a 1000 point Slannesh/Noise Marine force as my contingent force from that chaos god, and the Subjugator for the topper! Today I also primed a Malcador Defender I hope to start putting together and painting this week.....So I will be a little busy for the next few weeks....I will try and post some pics of my ongoing projects here soon....

Next week I've also been invited to a 4K Chaos vs IG throw down by the local club I'm involved with....so I will try to get some pics of my forces in action here....

GW never ends in giving me ideas....I recently took a look at the new Marauder Horsemen for fantasy chaos, and after much examination I have come to the conclusion that these models are perfect for...ROUGH RIDERS! Yup, I'll be converting a squad up soon. Damn you GW for inspiring me into conversion projects for units I never had plans for, but look too damn good to pass up!....

Things nearly finished
-2 Lascannon Support Squads

On the Plate
-AL Chosen Squad/Stealth Squad
-3rd Renegade Platoon
-Slannesh Marine Contingent force
-Slannesh Subjugator
-Malcador Defender

The future
-Chaos Renegade Rough Riders
-More AL Terminator Squads!

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
As Promised....Here are some new images of the work I am currently involved with in this project. I have taken and break from some of my CSM work with the nurlge force now complete, to work on my Renegades once more.

First we have some images of my finally finished LR Exterminators! I finished these guys a few weeks ago sealing them, so all is ready here.

With those done I am moving on to something a bit more Super Heavy...my 2 year old Malcador Defender....here is a sneak peek at the work currently being done on it.....

As well as a new addition to the roster....a Rough Rider Squad from the new Chaos Mounted Marauder box set. The horses sold me on how cool with chaos bits they come loaded....and the riders were easy to convert too.....I should be done with the bodies this weekend and will begin painting them soon...I'm using one of my many spare Enforcer bodies for the RR Sgt. Not sure just yet if I want to make him a Vet Sgt, but if I do I might use the still unused Enforcer whip as a power weapon....

Finally a near finished part here.....These guys are all finished and kitted out, but I still have a few minor bits to add here and there, basing, and some other odd ends....So close to being done! WOO HOO!

I'll post more images as I continue....More to come Soon! ;D

Offline voltarian

• don't be scared...
looking good as always :D

As your army grows it keeps astonishing me, with all the conversions and scratch-builds you are very talented to think of those.

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
More Images of my growing Chaos forces. I have a small update on the Rough Riders and the Malcador Defender, along with images of my recent battle with 4000 points of Combined Chaos forces....So Enjoy!

My Recent "Last Man Standing" 40K Trophy! Victory to the Grey Death Legion and Khorne Allies. Now I'm also playing in the LMS Fantasy Tourney.

The RR Update, with a Protype RR Finished finally. Except for a few bits this is what the rest of the squad will look like. So what do you think?

Update on my first Malcador for the Rebel Forces. I have gotten a lot of it finished, and soon I will chaos it up a little more. ;)

IG Club Challenge #2 took place this weekend for the club I belong too. This was originally suppose to be 4k Points of Chaos vs 4K Points of IG, but plans changed. One of the IG players didn't show, and we had to change up the plan. So on top of a 2K IG Army, 3K of Raven Guard and Salamander Marines joined that team, and 1K of Orks joined the forces of Chaos. The changes of the battle forced us to start late, and only 4 turns were completed, and the battle was called a Draw. Enjoy the battle pics.

Mission: Take out the 3 Missile Launcher Objectives. Chaos were the attackers, and Imperials were defenders. Deployment was Dawn of War.

Imperial DoW Deployment!

Chaos DOW Deployment!

Turn 1 Imperial

Turn 1 Chaos

Turn 2 Imperial, Shrike vs Anti-Shrike(Chaos Jump Lord)!!

Turn 2 Chaos

Turn 3 Imperial, Raven Guard Counterattack!

Turn 3 Chaos, Daemons and Terminators arrive at the IG Lines! Cyclops Explodes at the base gate!

Anti-Shrike Victorious!!!

Turn 4 Imperial

Turn 4 Chaos