News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Kabal of the Raging Beast!  (Read 61553 times)

Offline IncubiLord

• Archon
  • Self-Proclaimed Incubi Master of the CoA
Re: Kabal of the Raging Beast!
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2007, 01:35:52 PM »
It's a DE book in that the author uses the words Dark Eldar and portrays his villains as such, but it reads more like Crone World Eldar - from what I understand. I put little value in BL books.

Welcome to the party. Which Sybarite are you couping?  ;)

As for your Tyranid question:
A flying Hive Tyrant (of Doom) and a shooty Carnifex can run just over 400 points. If you're using a standard FOC and your opponent loves his MCs, it could be that and two broods of Rippers.

Just blame IncubiLord - Kwi

Offline Amphetamine Parrot

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2007, 01:56:36 PM »
Flood NZ is my Sybarite, havent seen him around yet so maybe hes scared of his new warrior ;).
well, since those DE books arent very good, is there any other official fluff I can get my hands on other then whats in the codex? it strikes me as odd that the DE don't have more fluff considering that the fluff our army does have is easily some of the best in the game IMO.

hmmm, if he gets the hive tyrant and carny, then i should probably swap my splinter cannons for DL's in my second warrior squad.
I DEMAND NEW DARK ELDAR!!!

Offline IncubiLord

• Archon
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2007, 02:25:47 PM »
The DE have very little fluff. Our army came out in a time where GW tried being silly and releasing pretty much no fluff on anything.

The Torturer's Tale from the GW website is, however, considered required reading. Taking a look at the sections of the Eldar Codex regarding the Fall and the Striking Scorpions/SS Phoenix Lord is also not a bad idea for readily-available info on our race's history and the mysterious background of the Incubi and their assumed founder - Arhra.

Offline D4rKn3sS

• Haemonculus
  • Funny how guts taste better on the outside....
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2007, 10:09:45 PM »
Warrior Coven is a book about the Deathwatch and Ulthwe. They are against Lelith Hesperax and there is some cool fight scenes in it, including when Lelith comes into power. If you want advice against Tyranids go into the Dark Eldar section of Articles and read my Tactica Article. (not advertising or anything of course ;D)
Happiness is like wetting yourself...
Everyone can see it but only you can feel its warmth.

Offline ArchonDragomyr

• Dracon
  • "Confidence is my weapon, arrogance my armor"
    • Kabal of the Black Talon
  • Armies: Drukhari, Eldar
« Reply #44 on: March 4, 2007, 09:19:50 AM »
That horrible book was avenged by Lelith in the 1500 RTT tourney.  The Wych Cult won Best General, losing out by 3 points for best overall to a club mate of mine. 

Bad soft scores on sportsmanship on which I normally average 8/10 did me in.  The GW employee that judged appearance could not pick out Lelith who is one the Largest Fig and has a ornate base and tons of color with stark black hair so that was 2 points for that.  I got a 2 and 4 in sportsmanship by younger adult players who both received first turn Lelith charges.  Both Marine players and I have to say not very sporting arguing a bit over easy rules.  One was Lelith's retinue got blasted, leaving Lelith alone, so she is an IC.  He yelled for over a minute that she had to take a leadership or fall back.  I said no she is an IC, and the shooting did not effect her at all, so she was fine.  The judge said I was right, and we showed him in the BGB.  He was the #1 in points up to that point and I won 21 to -1, so he refused to give me sportsmanship at all, but he gave me a 4 after his friend who watched the game and the judge told him.  He also was not as mad losing to the winner of last weeks tourney.  But, he did not win anything due to the game.  I liked his army, but I have 7 Dissies and 6 DL's and 6 Blasters, so Marines = dead, not to mention 5 agonizers running around.

3-0 in the tourney, Incubilord let me know if you want some quick write ups.
"The Few, The Proud, The Raging Beasts."

Offline Amphetamine Parrot

« Reply #45 on: March 4, 2007, 10:51:03 AM »
dragomyr it seems that you have been a victim of racism. your opponents are racist against Dark Eldar. it's because we are better then them. I deal with the same kind of thing at my store.

DARK ELDAR POWER!!!
I DEMAND NEW DARK ELDAR!!!

Offline -bill-

• Haemonculus: 2007 London 40K Online RTT Champion
    • Pine Lodge IFAs
« Reply #46 on: March 7, 2007, 08:04:53 AM »
Add another 7 Imperial Guard slaves from Monday night's 2500 point game. There might have been more if he hadn't resigned at the end of Turn 3.

It didn't help when I got first turn and blew up both his tanks, three sentinels, and made a lascannon squad fail morale and run - I only fired 12 dark lances and a splinter rifle.

Used torture amps for the first time - quite good fun and as they tend to split units, any heavy weapon can't fire as the unit has to get back into coherency at the start of their movement phase.

We couldn't see any rules that I had to shoot the unit I'd tankshocked so I used the horrorfex to pin another heavy weapons squad. He was not a happy bunny.

Offline IOK

• Grotesque
« Reply #47 on: March 8, 2007, 11:33:51 AM »
Hey!

How's that for an avatar?

Offline ArchonDragomyr

• Dracon
« Reply #48 on: March 8, 2007, 11:45:12 AM »
Better than the eye catching ugly photoshop wench you had before :)

I have 17 slaves from 3 games to report in.  Mostly Eldar, and a few Marines.

Offline D4rKn3sS

• Haemonculus
  • Funny how guts taste better on the outside....
« Reply #49 on: March 9, 2007, 05:39:50 AM »
Okay guys, we have officially hit the 200 SLAVE MARK!!!! WOOT!!!!

Anyway. Doesn't seem like many of us are active at the moment. Could everyone start posting stuff again. Even if just a bit of advice for a Dark Eldar player.
Happiness is like wetting yourself...
Everyone can see it but only you can feel its warmth.

Offline IOK

• Grotesque
« Reply #50 on: March 9, 2007, 10:41:39 AM »
Well, I have a battle for tonight, against Space Marines. It's part of a campaign

I'll see what I can get as prisoners!

Wish me luck!

Costas

Offline ArchonDragomyr

• Dracon
« Reply #51 on: March 9, 2007, 10:58:20 AM »
Played 2k Tau to test out my new portal army.  I decided to give a foot Archon w/ punisher and an Animus Vitae a try along with a Dracite w/ retinue because 2 agonizers rock.

I won easily, and the Archon took 7 slaves himself, that is 35 VP's alone.  Hit on 3's wound on 2's rocks!  I took 19 slaves total, it was a really fun game and my opponent learned about Tau a bit more, his new army.  It was my first game versus Tau, so I learned a bit myself.

So overall I took 19 slaves, woot!

Offline IncubiLord

• Archon
« Reply #52 on: March 9, 2007, 07:01:55 PM »
Well, I have a battle for tonight, against Space Marines. It's part of a campaign
Not part of my campaign, though...

< shakes scissorhand menacingly >

Meanwhile, I've decided to try out another army variation, but I'm keeping it secret until I've gotten the games in - just in case they're spying on me.

< glances about in a paranoid manner >

I'll be writing something up about it in a few weeks.

Until then, enjoy the debate on whether deployment actually happens.  ;)

Offline ArchonDragomyr

• Dracon
« Reply #53 on: March 9, 2007, 09:04:18 PM »
Pfft, that guy is so off its not even funny.  I mean quoting rules and saying this could mean this is one thing, he is actually making up rulings and using the oldest codex to make his point.  His main backup is that is the way his group plays it.  If that were a good way to determine things then I tell you that my group told me I could move 9" per turn instead of 6" because DE are fast.  The term "house rule" is around for this reason.

We have plainly described the rules, pointed out our interpretations, and backed it up with our views and tournament judges as well.  We have acknowledge the other camp and nod in its general direction while lobbing grenades and digging our trenches.

I tried a few new list, and the only thing I can say, is don't out Grotes in the Webway.  It never seems to work for me, silly character comes in on his own, or is too busy to make it to the game right away.

Offline IncubiLord

• Archon
« Reply #54 on: March 9, 2007, 09:22:17 PM »
Even if we all consider his stance completely off-base, you may eventually have to argue against it in your gaming career. If you won the argument years ago, there's no reason to worry when it comes up.

The true test is convincing the opposed viewpoint that you're right. Until then, you're just comparing opinions.

As for Grotes from the Webway:

< tries to look innocent >
I'd take extra Haemies if I were running Grotes out of the Webway...  ;)

I've passingly considered using swarms of Wyches and Warp Beasts against an Ork army for laughs, too.

I've actually used Talos again lately, and have found them quite entertaining against IG opponents. Grey Knights don't like fighting Talos in CC, either...

Offline ArchonDragomyr

• Dracon
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2007, 01:46:28 PM »
I ran 2 Talos out of a portal, they still are rather slow for my taste.  I think I will do 2 Ravagers, and depending on points a Talos for my 2k tournament in a few months.

Offline Gwaihir

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2007, 02:00:20 PM »
Conducted a slave raid agains Imperial Guard the other day and managed to gather 12.

Read the story behind custom titles and tell us about yours.

"You cannot win tommorow, for you do not know why we fight today."  --Farseer Fa'alorath, Craftworld Fa'alnor-The Fate Weavers.

Offline IncubiLord

• Archon
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2007, 04:19:01 PM »
12 Guardsmen seems a bit on the low side. My last game against the IG was something like 18 Guardsmen and a Grey Knight Termie.

What sort of game did you play?

Offline Gwaihir

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2007, 04:40:07 PM »
The slave raid scenario from our codex.  I lost a couple because the first round of combat I forgot about it. :P

My list was also not particularly geared around close combat.  I had a squad of grotesques and some haemis as the main cc threat, but one raider squad joined in as well.

The game was 1500 points and he didn't have as many models as some guard armies might have.

I also lost an opportunity to get slaves when warriors killed all BTB models losing the chance to enslave the rest of the fleeing squad.

Read the story behind custom titles and tell us about yours.

"You cannot win tommorow, for you do not know why we fight today."  --Farseer Fa'alorath, Craftworld Fa'alnor-The Fate Weavers.

Offline IncubiLord

• Archon
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2007, 07:05:05 PM »
That explains it.
I lost a couple because the first round of combat I forgot about it. :P
Don't we all do that at times?
Slaves never seem to matter for anything other than idle amusement.