News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: powerfist escalation league lists and updates- now at 1250pts and still not lost  (Read 1918 times)

Offline croggy

• Loota
  • ...to burn or not to burn...
hi guys im enterin the pf esc league starts of with two games at 500pts requiring only one unit from troop and hq and up to one from any other slot so here is what im going for

195-necron overlord - ccb, warscythe, mindshackle scarabs

35-cryptek - voltaic staff, lightning field

180-5 warriors - ghost arc

90-annihilation barge

c&c wanted asap thanks

EDIT:

DISCLAIMER NOT BATTLE REPORTS JUST LEAGUE RUN DOWNS

o.k. well i didn't get any advice but i'll keep this going in the hope people will help out later on . anyway mission was kill points and standard deployment

my first game was against I.G. list as follows

ccs - (?2?) flamers

pcs - (?2?) flamers , chimera with ml hb

20 man blob

2 basilisks

he roled higher for first turn deployed everything in the centre of he's deployment zone  blob and ccs in a ruin basilisks in same ruin and barrels behind a wall (doh) and chimera just to the side . I deployed everything inside basilisks min range so he had to move them (hoping to get immo) . anyway turn one basilisks moved for shots smashed ccb before i even got to move (cry). so after that i jumped lord into ghost and then promptly tabled him

2nd game was against tau

hq - some suit with plasma and a drone
some suit with railguns and a drone
3x 8 warriors

as you can tell i know nothing about tau
anyway turn one he immo the ghost before i get to move . so i shoot the crap out of that suit then promptly table him (once both suit died he could only glance my stuff on 6's so he was at a massive dissadvantage)

so what did i learn?

well i learnt that at low points people can ruin your game plan before you even get a chance to move and that one troop choice was ok for this mission but seeing as this mission wont be repeated for at least another 5 games i think i defo need more other then that target priority is easy at low point levels as everyone seems to struggle to spam anti tank at these points

**NEW**
new list for next round

round is at 750 pts mission and deployment as of yet unknown and will be played on a 4x4 board with the same limitations as the last round .
taking into account what i have learnt from the last game and that this one is going to probably hav some kind of objective i only had the one choice more scoring units (i was thinking of adding a fast incase that mission came up but thought its safer to just have the troop choice) so here it is

195   overlord - ccb, mindshackle scarabs, warscythe

070   2 crypteks , 2 voltaic staffs, 2 lightning fields

180   5 warriors , ghost ark

210   6 immortals , ghost ark

090   annihilation barge

total 745

harsh c&c welcome thanks guys

Please avoid double posting
« Last Edit: March 4, 2013, 04:09:34 PM by croggy »

Offline Kaiju Senso

• Necrontyr Warrior
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Necrons, Guard, Tau, Marines
Re: powerfist escalation league lists and updates
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 08:45:57 PM »
Sorry to say I'm not very helpful with lower point lists as I've regularly played 1750+ for years.

First and foremost, you can not take a Ghost Ark with a unit of Immortals so the question is, would you prefer Immortals this time and would a Night Scythe be an option, or is another Warrior unit in Ghost Ark what you want. Also you can not take 2 Lightning Fields as you only have 1 Royal Court and those pieces of wargear are basically "Unique."

Overall I agree with your HQ because I like to run one of those myself, same wargear too as it keeps him nice and cheap.

It seems like you have a good variety of everything to deal with most threats. Gauss and the Voltaic Staff are a good combination in my opinion because they can both do vehicles and infantry fairly well. I don't see the need for the Lightning Field though. With such a small unit of Warriors, whatever is assaulting you is probably going to win anyway.

As you go up in points, I might look to some Canoptek Spyders since they will help keep your gunboats afloat and are great for counter assault or holding back the front lines if necessary. Plus being a Monstrous Creature with a good Toughness will give those anti-tank weapons second guessing what to shoot.

Offline croggy

• Loota
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 04:34:14 AM »
mega poo your right i forgot about the limitations on wargear
 how about this list

65-5 warriors

90-annihilation barge

total745

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 01:36:57 PM »
Not a Necron player but I regularly kill them so...

65-5 warriors

90-annihilation barge

total745

Those 5 warriors look really out of place...

They can't keep up to well... I guess for home objectives they could be ok, but not something I like to bank on.

What about either 4 Scarabs, or 3 Tomb Blades or 2 Wraiths?

Or perhaps best of all would be a Harbinger of Destruction with all the goodies, for 65 pts.

So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline croggy

• Loota
« Reply #4 on: February 1, 2013, 12:48:24 PM »
the idea with the warriors was to reserve and walk on to a home objective . the army i am trying to build overall i want to be skimmer and flyer based so wraiths alhough great in this list will not fit later on .

although i like the harbringer idea

Edit: played my 750 game last night . was against vanilla marines with some sprshial character a couple of tac squads (ML, plasma) and a storm talon .

it went very well tabled my opponent with a loss of just the lord and hes bargr .

i did learn just how tough flyers are for the list in the direction it was heading so i decided i needed more to deal with that and the hq guy in took two turns of full rapid fire to the face to die . as necrons dont do low ap very well and the lord should be hitting vehicles or crappy guys i decided the best way to deal with both of these problems is more tesla ( as u will see in my next list )

UPDATE: 1k

HQ

Necron Overlord (195pts), Mindshackle Scarabs, Warscythe, Catacomb Command Barge,Gauss Cannon
Royal Court
Harbinger of the Stormx3 (100pts)ether crystal, Lightning Field, 3Voltaic Staff

Troops

Necron Warriors x5 (180pts) Ghost Ark
Necron Warriors x5(165pts) NightScythe

Heavy Support (180)
Annihilation Barge
Annihilation Barge

Merged posts and removed copyright. Please double check before copying and pasting an entire army list. ~Kaiju Senso

so played deamons for my 1k game (wd update list)

he had

herald
6 screamers
6 screamers
5  flamers
5 flamers
5 plagues
5plagues
5 plagues
9 plagues

was emporers will and diagonal deployment on a 4x4 board he won the role so i went first
i deployed the ghost arks in an l shape with the annihilation barges sat within the arks and the board edge and turbo'ed the ccb towards he's objective. he droped he's 9 man plague squad by he's objective and the two 5 man ones in a position to get mine ( the 3rd misshaped and went back into reserve).

i then sweeped and assaulted the 9 man squad with the ccb killing half. shot up 4 out of 5 of one of the 5 man squads .
he's turn two he droped the lamers and screamers by my ghosts and barges. he took two hull points of a barge with flamers and turboed the screamers behind cover.

turn 3 i killed the flamers finished of the lone plague and the 9 man squad and put a few wounds on the screamers.
he  then droped the last 5 man squad by he's own objective and then multi assaulted both barges and and ark killing them all with the screamers.

turn 4 i droped troops on hes objective and flew of the board. then shot up the screamers leaving 2 in one unit and one in the other. then i assaulted he's herrald with the lord
he assaulted my remaining ark with he's screamers losint two to overwatch and assaulted the plagues in my deployment into my warriors that fell out of the other ark.

the rest of the game was spent pretty much fighting cc to which it ended up he had one flamer unit and one plague left on he's objective and i had  my nightscythe and a warrior squad left on my objective and a warrior squad in my deployment zone and my lord killed the herald and got line breaker

so i won thanks to my lord killing the herald and the fact i got first blood

The things i learnt from this game is that i need more mobility . so the counter this for my next list i am thinking of getting another night scythe unit and another annihilation barge which will look something like this

UPDATE: 1.25k

HQ
Necron Overlord (180pts), , Warscythe, Catacomb Command Barge,Gauss Cannon
Royal Court
Harbinger of the Stormx4 (110pts), Lightning Field, 3Voltaic Staff

Troops

Heavy Support (270)
Annihilation Barge
Annihilation Barge
Annihilation Barge

i was woundering on the effectiveness of the lord with out the mindshackle scarabs but i have to be honest so far they have not been very successful for me so i am hoping that the loss of them will not be such a big issue ...

« Last Edit: March 4, 2013, 04:07:46 PM by croggy »