News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: What was GW thinking!?  (Read 572 times)

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
What was GW thinking!?
« on: November 11, 2023, 06:50:16 PM »
So I've been getting back into my pointy ears as some of you know. So I just tried to get on the web site to look at the models and sets that I want on my Christmas wish list. But couldn't get into it, some kinda get in line on a que. So I'm my humble opinion I think they've cut off their nose to spite there face. Bad idea, just bad. Especially for people like me who don't have a lot of technical savvy. So think they're gonna lose alot of sales from this travesty they're calling a web site.

Now on my army. I have everything assembled, that I currently have, and half is primed and the other half ready for primer. Hopefully get to painting soon. Pics to follow.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
Re: What was GW thinking!?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2023, 08:16:35 PM »
The website sounds like its no kind an improvement at all from what I've heard. You'd think it should be a shop first of all!

You should make a thread in the projects board, a couple of us are running painting blogs there. I use Imigur for free picture hosting these days, it seems quite easy. :)
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2023, 08:38:47 PM »
So I've been getting back into my pointy ears as some of you know. So I just tried to get on the web site to look at the models and sets that I want on my Christmas wish list. But couldn't get into it, some kinda get in line on a que. So I'm my humble opinion I think they've cut off their nose to spite there face. Bad idea, just bad. Especially for people like me who don't have a lot of technical savvy. So think they're gonna lose alot of sales from this travesty they're calling a web site.

Now on my army. I have everything assembled, that I currently have, and half is primed and the other half ready for primer. Hopefully get to painting soon. Pics to follow.

Not necessarily GW's fault - just the holiday queues to prevent people from spam buying, then turning around and selling all the stock at higher prices  :).

That said though, I think the website is a little more confusing to navigate, until you get used to it. I like the new aesthetic, just wish it was a little more intuitive.
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2023, 10:49:22 PM »
Thanks guys.

Guide mage I have a post in the project, old one haha. Thanks and I use imgbb. I'd post you a link but don't know how.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2023, 09:00:34 AM »
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the new web design over there. They made it a lot harder to find their webstore, for one thing, which seems a bad idea.

I'm not complaining about the queue thing, though, for the reasons mentioned above - they're reacting to bad actors, and its the best they've come up with. I just about never buy those pre-order things, though, so it never affects me much.

Offline Lachdonin

• Warlock
  • Education is no substitute for Intelligence.
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2023, 01:35:14 PM »
I dunno, maybe it's just me... But i found the new site very easy to navigate and super quick to adjust to. I don't exactly like it, it seems very Mobile in it's design, but i for the life of me can't understand the trouble people have been having finding things on it.
Remember, you can make yourself a Hero, but only others can make you a God.

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2023, 06:06:20 AM »
I dunno, maybe it's just me... But i found the new site very easy to navigate and super quick to adjust to. I don't exactly like it, it seems very Mobile in it's design, but i for the life of me can't understand the trouble people have been having finding things on it.

I can't speak for others, but hiding the navigation column behind an extraenous click while some trailer plays in the background, etc. is just visually noisy and unintuitive and busywork.