News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: "Da Orkmortals" 2000 pt 'fun' list  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Azonalanthious

• Biker Nob | KoN Veteran
  • When in doubt, use more explosives.
"Da Orkmortals" 2000 pt 'fun' list
« on: August 30, 2010, 12:07:30 PM »
Ok, game night tonight, and I think I'm gonna take the following list.  Only 53 orks, a tiny army for 2000 pts, but every one of them (except zogwort) will have a 4+/5++ armor save + feel no pain, thus the orkified 'Immortals'.  Plus the badly over-geared battlewagon (fits the feel I picture for them.)  Toss in a few gretchin scavangers running around behind them (and giving me my manditory 2 troops) and there we are.  Zoggie will run with the gitz, since their powers are the most complimentary, while the doc goes with the regular boyz to give 'em feel no pain.  Yes, I know its not that competative, but I think it'll be fun, which when you get down to it is what matters.

HQ:
-Doc Grotsnik: 160 pts
-Old Zogwort, cybork: 150 pts

Elite:
-Nob squad, all cybork, all 'eavy armor, painboy w/ orderly, 2 power klaws, bosspole, waagh banner: 405 pts

Troops:
-Boyz, all shootas, all 'ard boyz, all cybork, nob, bosspole, power claw: 490
-Gretchin, 18 + runtherd: 64

Heavy Support:
-Flashy Gits x10, all cybork cybork, more dakka, Badrukk, painboy w/ orderly, 3 ammo runts: 530
-Battlewagon, kannon, deff rolla, red paint, armour plates, grot riggers, stikkbomb chukka, grabbin' klaw, 4x rokkits: 200 pts

Offline orksforthewin

• Orks luv puppies, there low in fat
Re: "Da Orkmortals" 2000 pt 'fun' list
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 04:40:51 PM »
ur not gonna hear this from alot of people on here but.... i like it. You know its not the best list and u just want to have fun. I think if the dice gods smile on u some amazing things can happen...and isnt that a major aspect of the game to reflect back and talk about the time a boyz squad soaked up 3 whirlwind templates due to cybork and feel no pain. Also dont forget the flip side like when a squad of guardians win combat by 1 against ur flash gits and chase them down. Only thing i might change is drop some wagon upgrades so u can make the flash gits guns strength 6. But thats just personal taste...have fun and let us know how it went.

Offline Jack_Merridew

• Kommando Nob
  • Shhh....be warry warry quiet, I'm huntn' umies...
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 05:01:51 PM »
heh, I love the list. 

I'm playing a similar one tonight as well.  No nobs, but I'm fielding a squiggoth!  Those ard boyz will be insane to get rid of, and with a battle wagon of gitz, threat assessment will be rough.  Yeah it will win as many as it loses, but there is no doubt you will have a blast with it.  Don't forget to ask Gork for grace and Mork for....whatever mork gives..you will need it!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 09:44:20 PM »
Looks like a fun and crazy list.  8)

I have never had luck with Capt Badruck, so I recommend that if you drop him you can give the grots cybork and buy a truck for the nobs, or another battle wagon for the ard boys.

Of course you can take the captain, if he does well for you, please post the results, as every time I have used him he melted himself (twice).

You will love the gitz, and be pleasantly surprised at how effective they are. I consider them the mainstay of my army. If it weren't for the fact that I need my KFF mek, I might run the mad doc more often, as he is fun and makes for a great game.

If the enemy tries to lead you off with a sacrificial unit use your shooting to avoid running after a target that will pull your unit out of position, the rule about going after the nearest enemy does not mean you can't shoot at them.

Have fun and make sure to post a batrep, remember orks never lose!
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Azonalanthious

• Biker Nob | KoN Veteran
  • When in doubt, use more explosives.
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 12:41:46 AM »
We ended up short a player tonight, so me and one of the other ork players teamed up, each putting up a 2000 point list, against a third player who stepped up to the table with a double FoC 4000 pt chaos marine list, 8x4 board, 12 inch deployment on long sides, VP as only goal.  We were also played with some experimental rules for ork drop kans that we have been working on (and decided they still need more work) - the other ork player brought in 2 deff dredds and 40 boyz that way (and lost 1 of those dredds and 20 boyz to problems on the drops but took 2 plague marines, a termie, and typhus with them... also took 4 of the other ork player's lootas and 2 of my boyz). 

We called it due to time half-way through turn 4 and didn't bother to figure out who actually won, but I think we orks had the advantage.  Overall, a very fun game.  I'm not gonna try for a whole battle report (it was a big game and to be honest I didn't pay that much attention to some of the stuff that was going on on the other ork player's half of the table), but I'll hit the highlights for each unit:

The nobz- after some debate, I dropped the battlewagon and went with bikes for these guys instead.  Definately the mvp of my list - took out a 20-man 1000 sons squad, a demolisher cannon, and a 7 man termie squad lead by a khornite chaos lord.  Down to 3 bikes after all that (the 2 power claws and the painboy) buy still ready for some crumpin'.  Also, went against popular wound allocation theory and had all my waagh banner and boss pole on the power klaw guys, which actually worked really well for me - still had all my boosts even to the very end.

The boyz + the doc: Down to 6 boyz, the nob, and the doc and runninng when we finished.  But they survived multiple rounds of close combat with a 10 man termie squad + abbadon + typhus (we figured it out to be a 1025 pt unit) + a unit of 14 lesser demons.  So I'm calling that a moral victory for my 15 point each boyz.  (particularly when typhus used his power that does a str 3 hit in whatever radius - killed off 12 orks from a 20 boy mob of the other players.  Caught my entire mob in it... and killed no one.  I think that beats even orksforthewin's whirlwind template.  :D)

The gitz + zoggie: Gitz killed 1 terminator.  That would be it, for the entire game.  Badrukk lived just fine though - even had some powder grots still in reserve.  The flip side, 1 git took 1 wound, no other injuries, making them the second most un-damaged unit on the board.  Zoggie zapped the unit across the board on the very first turn, which was handy since it forced a very poor deployment for the deepstriking termie + 2 IC squad mentioned in the boyz post, since the chaos player was rightly terrified of his mighty men getting squigged.  Zoggie himself left the safety of the gitz in an effort to squig Typhus, since I didn't want to shoot the gitz at that unit.   The gamble failed to pay off - no squig, dead Zoggie.  But Zoggie took 6 lascannon shots before he went down, so I think the diversion of fire power might have been worth it.

Gretchin: The gretchin brought down a terminator with their blasters.  They were also the only completely unwounded/undamged unit on the entire bored when we had to call it quits.  With the upgrades the termie had, I believe they earned their points back with that single kill.  Gretchin power!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 01:14:16 AM by Azonalanthious »

Offline orksforthewin

• Orks luv puppies, there low in fat
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 09:52:29 AM »
Ahhh diversion of firepower...i think that is orks greatest strength. Were some armies have support units it seems like our codex is full threats, so when an opponent tries to do target priorty assessment they have a greater chance of choosing the wrong target to focus fire on. Glad your game was epic and hope ur list does u well.