News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: YOU cant have 3 close combat weps  (Read 884 times)

Offline naybad

• I got such a long Beard
YOU cant have 3 close combat weps
« on: October 8, 2003, 08:42:08 PM »
Ok this might seem like moning but how can you realy have a harlequin Kiss and powerblades. Thay are both attached to the users arm and it seems to me that you cant have that much on you arm.

Well im gong to hear you all say im wrong, but  If this is the case i will be tacking a wichblade and a spear and a pistole for my farser ill just have to chose which one i use :)

Offline Son of Macragge

• I'll categorize your imperative!
Re:YOU cant have 3 close combat weps
« Reply #1 on: October 8, 2003, 09:10:16 PM »
umm, power blades are wargear.  you can have them too, so stop whining.  and why would you want a spear and a witchblade really?  being able to throw and assault in teh same turn really isnt worth the extra points.
I promise to do my best to do my worst to better your lives.

Offline Rhòanin

• The True Outcast
  • Ancient
  • To each, Their own.
« Reply #2 on: October 8, 2003, 09:20:24 PM »
Agreed.  For 13 points (2 less than a SS andwitchblade) you could add a warlock with CCW and shuripistol.

Definitely wasteful of points.
He who follows his own will is a King among men.

Offline Dark Flame

• I messed with the wrong farseers AGAIN, yet somehow became an unactive Mod
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: October 8, 2003, 09:49:31 PM »
  The powerblades are attached to the wrists, or even at the elbows, while the kiss is placed over the Harlequins hand.  Also, the blades don't have to be on the arm, I put my models blades sticking out of his knees and feet, to show that he doesn't just fight with his hands.
  And if you mean from a rules perspective, it specificaly says that powerblades can be used with 2 CC weapons for +2 attacks.  Also, no model may have more than one two handed weapon and one one handed weapon, or two one handed weapons.  Since powerblades are wargear, they don't use a choice.

Offline tomfoolery

• Eeek! What's this crawling round my feet?!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2003, 08:37:00 AM »
Agreed.  For 13 points (2 less than a SS andwitchblade) you could add a warlock with CCW and shuripistol.

Definitely wasteful of points.
depends what you use them for.
i mainly play against marines or chaos and use them for takin out stuff like dreads landraiders and termies, a warock with cc and pistol doesn't really cut the mustard in those situations
a rumour is already half way round the world before the truth even has its boots on

Offline Son of Macragge

• I'll categorize your imperative!
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2003, 07:49:13 PM »
but you still get the antivehicle.  the original poster was saying that he wanted to put a pistol, witchblade, and singing spear on a model.  the only advantage that you have their is that you can both throw the spear and use the witchblade in CC, which you could do anyways by just not buying the pistol.  the TAR negates any advantage gained by this by forcing you to lose your charge attack, so therefore you end up with the same attacks whether you threw or not.
I promise to do my best to do my worst to better your lives.