News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Any comments on Nids?  (Read 971 times)

Offline -|ArAzAeL|-

• oRaNgE oRrAcLe=mInE
Any comments on Nids?
« on: June 22, 2004, 11:16:53 PM »
i was also thinking of starting a tyranid army.  I was wondering if they are worth playing because their regular troops are 7 pts. and they are a lot worse than a DE troop which is 8 points.  But then there are their heavy support and Hq and elites that make up the better part of the army.  So I am kinda confused about this.  PLease help!!!
OrRaClE aUtOcOcKeR -
JT PrOtEuS II MaSk-
ViEwLoAdEr EvLuTiOn II- Pb HoPpEr-
Dye, SmArT pArTs, or wOrRgAmEs NiTrO-

Offline Necromortis

• Deprieved Sorceror
  • Ancient
Re: Any comments on Nids?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 11:20:04 PM »
Never, ever, ever, ever underestimate the power of a Gaunt screen with 'stealers coming up behind them.  EVER!  :)

Offline Koonitz

• Ignorance is your greatest enemy
  • Ancient
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 12:24:09 AM »
http://www.40k.ca/community/index.php?topic=17991.0

Please post army specific posts in their respective forums. Had you read the sticky threads, you would have seen that. Specifically, the thread through the link I provided you.

And please, FOR THE LOVE OF OUR BANDWIDTH DON'T DOUBLE POST!
Duplicate posting is a known issue within our software. Double posting completely seperate posts of the same type (I notice several of your posts have different titles) is NOT.
If you have a problem with posting, PLEASE CHECK FIRST BEFORE REPOSTING!

Oh, while I'm on the subject, crossposting (Posting the same thing in more than one forum, which you did here by posting in General (several times) and in the Rules forum) is also unnecessary.
"I like to think of this lovely place as my home. Now you wouldn't even think about upsetting me in my home, would you? Of course you wouldn't. So do what I say, when I say, and I won't get upset. I do bad things when I'm upset."
-Drill Instructor, MechWarrior 2

"It is not my responsibility to prove you are wrong. It is your responsibility to prove you are right."
-Koonitz

"The next time you decide to stab me in the back, have the guts to do it to my face."
- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Hive Tiamat

• I'm an arachnoid llama!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 06:54:00 AM »
i was also thinking of starting a tyranid army.  I was wondering if they are worth playing because their regular troops are 7 pts. and they are a lot worse than a DE troop which is 8 points.  But then there are their heavy support and Hq and elites that make up the better part of the army.  So I am kinda confused about this.  PLease help!!!
Generally, termagaunts are indeed crap. That's why everyone is using cheap spine- or scythegaunts, as well as hormagaunts ;)

aa

Offline jasper

• if you dont know, i cant tell you
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 01:44:57 AM »
nids cant screen any units, read the shoot big ones rule again casue if you could screen stealers it would get ugly for the other guy too quick

your guys as expensive as other armys troops cause they can be made completely fearless if you have enough synapse, and you are faster than most armies

check through the older posts cause theres answers to many questions you probably have, make a new thread for any you dont see...that will save you some time cause you wont have to wait for answers(nids take awhile to paint)

Offline Elgrun

• It's dangerous business walking out the front door
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 11:04:47 PM »
The 'Nids can own in cc and the Carnifex + Biovore models are pretty awsome too. Go ahead and start this army, you'll enjoy play with it.