News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 40k minature exchange # 2  (Read 29265 times)

Offline 666_Mutley_666

• Mass debating - a filthy group habbit!
40k minature exchange # 2
« on: March 9, 2008, 04:30:36 PM »
this is basically the same as the previous one so any one who is interested sign up :)

Rules

What is that?
You make a model for someone else's army. A unique model to be fielded amongst your customers general list. It would be a best of your ability model. It should be converted, based, and painted to the best of your ability! 

How would you do it?
Get a list of everyone who wants to participate, assign them a number, and randomly draw a number from a hat (also check the VOLUNTEER! section below). That person makes a model for the next person drawn, etc. Your customer will tell you his army, and what type of guy he wants. Say a tactical marine, a guardian, whatever. The model has to fit the wargear for that unit type, but it may be converted however the maker wants!

When?
Last day for registering is Monday the 31 of March, 2008.
All models should be completed and shipped by the end of May! 2 months is plenty of time for 1 model

Restrictions!
-You shouldn't ask for something really expensive. For example, you can't say "I want a venerable dreadnought!" We can put a maximum price (unless the maker wants to spend more), whatever everyone agrees on.
-You should be moderately skilled with converting and painting. To keep everyone happy and no one bitter, everyone will want something of decent quality. So if you are a really bad painter, I'd ask you sit this one out 

*people will also be matched up with location restrictions. I.E. Canada and us people won't get people from Europe or Aussie. this prevents uber expensive / annoying shipping, etc..*

VOLUNTEER!
Spot a member who you would really like to make a model for? Have the bits to do a really cool conversion for X? Volunteer to make an item for a person! Just put under your ap, I volunteer to make X's model! NOTE: You cannot volunteer for someone who already has a person making their model! So please check that first. Anyone who doesn't have a volunteer to do their model will be randomly drawn from a hate and assigned someone!

How to register?
Send me a PM or reply to this thread with the following info:

1) Europe, Aussie, or USA/Canada?
2) Army theme and colour scheme (if you have a SINGLE picture showing your scheme pm it to me)
3) What unit do you want made for you for under $15 or under retail? (a marine, a biker, a terminator, etc)

Currently Registered:
Name - Army, Model - Paint Scheme - Locked Volunteer (if any)

USA
Agent of Change - ork Kommando Nob for a Counts as Snikrot - stealthy and have blue warpaint - Dr_Ruminahui
Calus Drakin - Chaos Sorceror/biker/chosen aspiring champion - Night Lords Colors - Agent of Change
Dr_Ruminahui - seraphim, canoness, or squad sargeant - regal blue armour with baby blue robes -DJ-of-E
DJ-of-E - Red Corsairs Chaos Space Marine/ Chaos Chosen Marine with Lightning - red and black - Calus Drakin
Squirrelloid - Mephiston or a Decapitator conversion [any dark elf ] - blood angels [ unspecified ] - Agent of Change
Agent of Change - unspecified - unspecified  - Squirrelloid

Europe
Col.Gravis - Adeptus Mechanicus Praetorian Servitor - unspecified - Markay
syphon - Sanctioned Psyker - unspecified - 666_vrykolakas_666
666_vrykolakas_666 - mutant - unspecified - Lorizael
Falhandir - Bonesinger/Exarch - purple, using Aspect colours where applicable - Granite Slam
Fold - kroot shaper - bone coloured - Toad_Raider
Markay - technical servitor - unspecified - Fold
Alexanders son - space wolf - unspecified - Falhandir
Naikee - autarch - bone and blue with perhaps a little black -Khargrim
Khargrim - Raptor Force commander/Tech marine/Chaplain/Librarian on bike/Legion of the damned Veteran - not specified - Col.Gravis
Lorizael - tzeentch daemon prince with wings - blue and black for daemon prince - Alexanders son
Granite Slam -  Jump Pack Chaplain - Predominantly black with bone and red trim/accessories. Urban base, black edged - Cris767
Cris767 - librarian in artificer armour with force weapon and a bolt pistol - mechrite with blood red trim - Naikee

Australia
Toad_Raider - Ogre Kingdoms - not specified - syphon
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 06:16:46 PM by 666_vrykolakas_666 »
oink is a nancy!

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
  • I take the Pith so you dont have too!
    • Blog
Re: 40k minature exchange # 2
« Reply #1 on: March 9, 2008, 05:25:27 PM »
Count me in again, Located in Europe, and for an interesting challenge for someone who fancies a go at something a bit different, an Adeptus Mechanicus Praetorian Servitor (and no I dont mean the Pith Helmet wearing sort there lol)

Offline Syphon

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 04:15:34 AM »
I'm back in for this one. I'm requesting a psyker model (not the ugly Cadian one, go nuts with ideas) to use as Sanctioned Psyker. I am in Europe, and as for the Psyker's camo, I don't care. Make him someone from a different regiment, the same regiment as other troops, whatever the heck you wish. Go nuts, as I said.
Quote from: Locarno
The fundamental rule of the Imperial Guard - "don't make it tougher, buy another one..."

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 06:37:32 AM »
Sorry guys; but as Magicla Beans and I decided to do up an entire Unit instead of 1 Figure for the last one, I wil be sitting out on this one to ensure I actually get his stuff done.

Let me know (with a PM if possible) when you guys start the next one.

I will probably lurk in here anyway, as I loved all the cool stuff done last time and look forward to all the great work you guys are sure to put out. With that, I wish you all the best of luck.

Cheers and Happy Gaming
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline 666_Mutley_666

• Mass debating - a filthy group habbit!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 07:10:33 AM »
i do the psyker for you syphon, i got a really kool idea of how to pose him :)

and ill have the same as i had last time, another mutant, go as nuts as you like :)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 07:13:37 AM by 666_vrykolakas_666 »
oink is a nancy!

Offline Dux Aurelius Elysius

• Lord Inquisitor Tempestus; Captain Buzzkill.
  • Ancient
  • A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time.
    • The Duke's Painting Table (my painting blog)
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 03:35:38 PM »
Falhandir, Europe (UK), requesting a Bonesinger/Exarch.  Take your pick and go nuts :)  Army colour is purple, using Aspect colours where applicable.

If Alexander's Son takes part I pre-volunteer to do something for him.
I carry with me an Inquisitorial Seal. It is a small, unassuming object contained in a neat box of Pluvian obsidian. It is a modest thing. Relatively plain, adorned with a single motif and a simple motto. Yet with this little object I can sign the death warrant of an entire world and consign a billion souls to Oblivion.

Offline Alexander's Son

• Mentor - Newbies feel free to ask for any help.
    • Alexander Son's web page
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 04:44:53 PM »
And after Fal... I am in! I'm in Europe. I will take a Space Wolf thank you... Can do anything given the appropriate guides :-)
Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

A suspicious mind is a healthy mind

Offline Markay

• Lieutenant Colonel | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Hardcore card whore.
    • My Portfolio Website
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 04:46:49 PM »
Can I volunteer myself for doing Gravis a mini please?  :)

I'm also after a technical servitor or some sort of interesting map reading veteran (which means quite a bit of freedom for modelling options) for my imperial guard command squad. Same as last time!

Offline Fold

• Take me to bed or lose me forever
    • You Will Not Be Missed
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 06:25:11 PM »
I'll give this a shot too.  I'm in the UK and would like something for my Tau army.

I'd like a really cool looking Kroot shaper to convince me I should model and paint my Kroot.  I'm a fan of unique models so an extensive conversion on a normal Kroot would be great - as action packed as you can get it. 

To fit with my army (which is here) I'd envisaged a predominantly bone skinned colour scheme but as I haven't actually painted any Kroot yet that's more open to your interpretation.

Meanwhile, Markay managed to tug at my heartstrings with his comment in the last thread:

I'd do it again. I'd love to get a model made for me next time

...so I'll offer to do him a tech servitor or guard vet - though I haven't decided which yet.  If that's okay with you Markay?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 05:25:10 PM by Fold »

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
  • Ancient
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 07:31:41 PM »
Syphon's hardened vet is almost finished so I can safely enter myself in to have another go.

This time I'd like something for my chaos army please.
I'm thinking either a Khornate Lord with Daemon weapon or a Tzeentchian Daemon Prince with wings. Now, I know a DP seems too much to ask for but I'm of the view that DPs don't have to be 3 times the height of a marine; if they look suitably daemonic then they only need to be ahead taller than a chaos marine.

As for colour scheme my army colours is black with some red-gore armour plates for the khorne followers and black with blue armour plates for the tzeentchians.

cheers!

Offline Markay

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Hardcore card whore.
    • My Portfolio Website
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 08:58:36 PM »
Meanwhile, Markay managed to tug at my hearstrings with his comment in the last thread:

I'd do it again. I'd love to get a model made for me next time

...so I'll offer to do him a tech servitor or guard vet - though I haven't decided which yet.  If that's okay with you Markay?

Heheh how could I refuse? Its better than Ok!

Offline Fold

• Take me to bed or lose me forever
    • You Will Not Be Missed
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 05:25:36 PM »
Great - do you have any photos of your army as it stands so I can get an idea of the look and feel?

Offline Alexander's Son

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 06:22:12 PM »
 If Lorizael is situated in the Europe area I can give a shot for a prince...

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
  • Ancient
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 06:59:14 AM »
Ooops, didn't say where I was from! Yes I am in Europe Alex, UK to be precise.

Offline Alexander's Son

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 09:48:39 AM »
Ooops, didn't say where I was from! Yes I am in Europe Alex, UK to be precise.

Then I will have yours... if you have any idea (besides mine and what you have written) or you want something specific, don't fear and PM me... ;D

Offline Markay

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Hardcore card whore.
    • My Portfolio Website
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 01:04:54 PM »
Great - do you have any photos of your army as it stands so I can get an idea of the look and feel?

Pm sent  :)

Offline Dr_Ruminahui

• General | Missing: a title, and smilies
  • Ancient
  • Inquisitor Psychologis Ruminahui
    • Some of my painted minis
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 04:10:24 PM »
I had a lot of fun doing the last one, so count me in.

I'm in Canada.

Basically, any kind of sister of battle with an eviscerator is good - seraphim, canoness, or squad sargeant.  I'll share a pic of my paint scheme with whoever ends up doing mine - basically its regal blue armour with baby blue robes.

I have bitz to do one for either of the guys in the US - whichever is fine for me.

Inquisitor Psychologis Ruminahui
The rules forum rules - no spamming, no flaming, no playing devil's advocate
------
2007: Tied for Most Valuable Non-Staff Member (with Full Metal Geneticist)
2008: Nicest Member, Strategic Excellence, Best Imperial Guard Poster, Rules Expert
2009: Best Local
2010: Nicest Member, Rules Expert

40KO IG Best painted - Storm troopers & Chimera

Offline Naikee

• Wych
  • Dear, dear..
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 04:30:56 PM »
hey guys missed the last one but would definitely like to join this one! brilliant idea vrykolakas.

i am situated in Europe, england and would like an autarch! preferably in bone and blue with perhaps a little black!

i honestly dont mind doing any army however preferably not something of my own army (eldar, dark eldar chaos or nids) cheers.

"Death is my meat, terror my wine."

Current w/d/l with my Slaanesh HOC: 3/1/0
last game against vampire counts 2500

Offline Khargrim

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2008, 08:00:34 PM »
Khargrim posting again

Looking for a Raptor Force commander / Tech marine / Chaplain / Librarian on bike ( if possible ) dying to make a small raptors force and would preffer the HQ to be on a bike :)

If thats too OTT then a Legion of the damned Veteran to lead a veteran squad would be cool ( as im doing a LOTD force )

on the flip sidfe, ill do Naikee's Autarch :)

« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 08:04:19 PM by Khargrim »

Offline Toad_Raider

• Warrior | Honk If You Like Zombies | Bow Ties Are Never Cool
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Zombies are people too!
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2008, 05:39:16 AM »
I was trying to resist signing up for this thing, but I just can't help myself.  All this excitement is getting to me!

The problem is I live in Australia - and there's a distinct lack of other Aussies signing up.  I don't mind shipping something out of my general area if it comes to it, but other people might not  :P.  Still, here's hoping.

Uh... Dark Eldar (Archon/Dracon/Archite/Dracite) or Ogre Kingdoms ;).
I'd prefer the latter to be honest, but its unlikely being a 40k site and all ^^
...a spiffified whizz-bang unit of Much Destruction that'll get whored like crazy in WD and kill a million Monoliths in the release batrep
Lomendil's pick for the new DE dex. Not quite, but we have a 'dex now!

Well played, TW.  By well played, I of course mean god damn your traitorous ways.

Do love Diplomacy!