News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Kabal of the Raging Beast!  (Read 62076 times)

Offline ArchonDragomyr

• Dracon
  • "Confidence is my weapon, arrogance my armor"
    • Kabal of the Black Talon
  • Armies: Drukhari, Eldar
Re: Kabal of the Raging Beast!
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2007, 11:36:07 AM »
You mean so I can literally carry the DE flag alone?  I have 2 missions to report that are vs Nurgle.  Figured it would not help the overall Rorian campaign, but it would be good for the DE.

I think their is one other report besides mine, but its lonely reaping the civilian slaves and stuff.

I will look into playing the new one as well.
"The Few, The Proud, The Raging Beasts."

Offline IncubiLord

• Archon
  • Self-Proclaimed Incubi Master of the CoA
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2007, 02:09:50 PM »
Unfortunately, my gaming collapsed around the start of the Rorian campaign. I will have at least a couple opponents starting up soon, so you won't be alone, Dragomyr. Plus, I'll try to draw in a few of the others who liked Medusa and Rorian.

Oh, and Kwi has some reports that just haven't gotten in yet. It'll end up a massive raid near the end of that campaign, now...

No worries, though - I helped design the scoring system, and it treats the factions fairly despite the number of players in each.

Just blame IncubiLord - Kwi

Offline ArchonDragomyr

• Dracon
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2007, 06:25:33 PM »
Heh, rounded up a good group of slaves that last mission in Rorian.  I want to post my 1k doubles army, but I'd rather just post it here than for everyone to see.

Haemmie on a Skyboard

http://members.fortunecity.com/jester78/SkyboardHaemmie.jpg

Punisher Archon I am working on:

http://members.fortunecity.com/jester78/punisherarchon2.jpg

http://members.fortunecity.com/jester78/punisherarchon.jpg

Painted Decapitator, not really happy with the paint, but the conversion went well.

http://members.fortunecity.com/jester78/decap3.jpg

http://members.fortunecity.com/jester78/decap4.jpg
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 03:06:48 PM by ArchonDragomyr »

Offline Toad_Raider

• Warrior | Honk If You Like Zombies | Bow Ties Are Never Cool
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Zombies are people too!
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2007, 06:08:55 AM »
Dude, all your links are saying "how about no" to me.  Just thought I should let you know.
...a spiffified whizz-bang unit of Much Destruction that'll get whored like crazy in WD and kill a million Monoliths in the release batrep
Lomendil's pick for the new DE dex. Not quite, but we have a 'dex now!

Well played, TW.  By well played, I of course mean god damn your traitorous ways.

Do love Diplomacy!

Offline ArchonDragomyr

• Dracon
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2007, 10:21:05 AM »
Is it an advertisement?  If so click skip.

HQ and Special Characters section have the new pictures.

http://www.fortunecity.com/rivendell/kender/821/index.htm

Offline IncubiLord

• Archon
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2007, 01:46:20 PM »
Is it an advertisement?  If so click skip.
It automatically switches to this link:
http://www.fortunecity.com/referercheck/denial.jpg

I'd say from the URL that you forgot to give 40K Online permission to link directly to your pics (referer check denial, anybody?).

Offline ArchonDragomyr

• Dracon
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 03:27:13 PM by ArchonDragomyr »

Offline ArchonDragomyr

• Dracon
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2007, 07:06:12 PM »
Here is my 1k doubles army.  You have 1k to spend, you have to take 1 HQ and 2 troops, while both armies fitting into one Force Org chart.  My partner is infantry guard, mostly shooty guard with lascannons and other special weapons.  3 of his squads can infiltrate. Close order drills, and they are the souless guard.  We have no armor.  I am planning on writing a fluff piece for the tournie.

I have played this army several times, and I am 3-0 with the army, I might have to tweak it a bit, but for the most part I am happy with it.  I don't want my list to be a topic for the forum, but figured we could throw around ideas, and cut the fat.  I use the warp beast and wyches as counter assault, or to cut off anything that gets close.  The Haemmies support my squads, and blow away large concentrations of troops with those deadly flamers and the other haemmie killed a Chaos leautinent by himself, but I think that was mostly luck.

Let me know what you think.

1000 Pts - Dark Eldar Army                                                               

Unit Name                   

Haemmie Coven (140)
Haemonculi #1  Destructor; Scissorhand, Hellion Skyboard           
Haemonculi #2  Destructor; Scissorhand
Haemonculi #3  Scissorhand; Stinger

3X (12) Warriors 2 DL's each per squad, and 2 squads have a blaster thrown in (358)   

(18) Warriors (193) SCX2 Blaster X2 Syb w/ PB, SP

(8)Wyches    (144)  WW, Blaster X2, Succubus w/ AG, SP, WW and PG

(5) Warp Beasts Pack     (75)

(6) Mandrakes               (90)

Total Army Cost: 1000        Models in Army: 78

Offline IncubiLord

• Archon
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2007, 02:20:34 AM »
My first reaction is to say that I don't see much use in the blasters with the Snipers. As such, I'd drop them in favor of giving the last Haemie a Destructor instead of the Stinger.

Offline ArchonDragomyr

• Dracon
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2007, 11:55:12 AM »
I only have 1 Haemmies on foot that have the Destructor modeled.  My others went on a bike and the skyboard.  That is the only reason I did that.  Besides it is different.

I killed a demon prince with a blaster in the sniper group, but that is the first spot I would take points from.

This army is not my usual cup of tea for sure, but it seems to work.  From what I've seen registered, their is a large amount of T3 opponents though.  I would love to see my partner take other weapons besides missle launchers, he has like 4 of them, but with both of our shooty armies we have around 150ish models.  I have 3 assault elements as well, Wyches, Mandrakes, and Warp beast.  Not to mention warriors are pretty good as well for the points.

The thing that I'm not sure of what to do, is the Large warrior squad, it gets blown up everygame without getting much back, but it soaks up like 2 turns of shooting for us.  Our goal was to have tons of models, so that is why it is there.  I have 4 troops, my partner only took 2.

Offline ArchonDragomyr

• Dracon
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2007, 05:08:04 PM »
Doubles tourney tommorrow, wish me luck.

Also, got 8 Nid slaves last night, one Warrior, some termagents, and hormaguants.  All taken by...One warp beast pack Huzzah!

Offline IncubiLord

• Archon
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2007, 02:28:25 AM »
Good luck, and don't forget to report those for the campaign.

I'm getting lonely as the only DE player.  :'(

Offline ArchonDragomyr

• Dracon
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2007, 09:04:01 PM »
I will work on the 5 battle scenarios and writing for the campaign. 

5 games over 2 days we went 4-0-1, and won best overall.  So my first tourney win, and a big win with so many armies their.  14 doubles teams, so 28 players.  We won by 3 points, fairly good painting, good sportsmanship, and our mostly solid victories pulled it out.  A nice chunk of store credit and trophies for us, as well as some free swag.  It was hard to adjust tactics as my first day partner had a business trip, but his brother filled in admirally.  I hope they can share a trophy and the credit.

Offline IncubiLord

• Archon
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2007, 09:29:06 PM »
I will work on the 5 battle scenarios and writing for the campaign.
Great. That gives you reports for this week and most of the next.
5 games over 2 days we went 4-0-1, and won best overall.
Not a bad showing, Dragomyr.

I assume it was the weak creatures you were handicapped with that made for that loss.  ;)

Offline D4rKn3sS

• Haemonculus
  • Funny how guts taste better on the outside....
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2007, 01:48:49 AM »
Mmmkay ive waited a while and the following people are active:
Me (duh)
-bill-
IncubiLord
ArchonDragomyr
Toad_Raider
IOK
Gwaihir
Raider101

And thats about it. If you are still active either post here or PM me saying so.

Also everyone welcome our new Warrior "Raider101"
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 10:07:37 PM by D4rKn3sS »
Happiness is like wetting yourself...
Everyone can see it but only you can feel its warmth.

Offline IOK

• Grotesque
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2007, 08:00:18 AM »
Welcome Raider101, welcome, welcome! 8)

Offline Gwaihir

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2007, 10:13:45 AM »
I haven't posted here for a while, but I haven't had much reason to.  I am however still quite active on the rest of the DE board.

Erm, CAN YOU FEEEEEEL THE RAAAAGEEEAHHH,  or something.

Read the story behind custom titles and tell us about yours.

"You cannot win tommorow, for you do not know why we fight today."  --Farseer Fa'alorath, Craftworld Fa'alnor-The Fate Weavers.

Offline Amphetamine Parrot

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2007, 11:25:47 AM »
hey all, im looking forward to adding some slaves to the dugeons of our hermonculi. can someone tell me how I can get our kabal tag into my profile?

once I get my first 500 pts of DE put together i'm gonna start playing every thursday at my local store. there are usually about 15-20 players there every thursday and the people play a surprisingly large mosaic of different races. I can say with confidence that every major race in the game is usually present during thursday games. except DE, im the first and only DE player in my city! :o

me and my buddy are planning on challenging the store owner and his friend to a partners game for my first DE game. it will be a 500 pt game. my ally plays Dark angels and has 2000pts worth of models. so he can basically field anything he wants. the store owner plays tyranids and fields almost all monstrous creatures, he always uses hive tyrants armed to teeth, lots of tyranid warriors, carnifex's like mad, he fields as many as he can. im not sure what exactly he will get in a smaller game, but I would imagine he will be using lots of monstrous creatures with few troop choices. I don't really know anything about Tyranids, so if you guys can tell me what a good tyranid player would be able to throw at me, it would help. the store owner's ally plays eldar with lots of walkers and jetbikes. he also has some snipers, warp spiders, swooping hawks and some nasty farseers. he has 1 squad of dire avengers which im told I should be very, very afraid of now that they have been retooled in the new codex. im not worried about neutralizing the eldar threat, I used to beat eldar all the time when i played space marines.

here's the army list that I will be fielding for the 500pt game (this is rough because i dont have my list or codex with me):
dracon with: punisher, helm, shadow field, plasma. (I may have given him something else, im not sure right now)
10 man sniper squad with 2 DL's
20 man warrior squad with sybarite armed with agoniser. 2 warriors carry splinter cannons.
1 ravager with 2 dissies and 1 DL.

my dracon is built for HtH combat. the sniper squad should help me with any tanks they throw at me and they should be able to deal with tyranid monstrous creatures. the 20-man warrior squad should be able to perform several roles depending on my opponents and the situation. if im ever fighting against imp guard or tau they could be used in close combat, but against these tyranids im hoping he takes lots of troops so my splinter cannons can tear him a new asss. i wanted to take three dissies with the ravager, but i ran out of points. the ravager should be able to deal with tac. marines and if i really need to use it against tanks its versatile enough to take down any tanks they bring at me. my army list comes out to 507pts

any suggestions or recomendations are welcome. I want to beat this guy because he runs his mouth about how useless the DE are and all that nonesense.

telling me what a tyranid player generally uses in a 500 pt game will help.

im glad to be a part of kabal. I intend to climb the ladder  :)

I DEMAND NEW DARK ELDAR!!!

Offline ArchonDragomyr

• Dracon
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2007, 11:30:20 AM »
The loss was actually a 12 to 12 draw, but by victory points it was a win for them technically, by 30 points.  But, we got 12 points plus sportsmanship to win the overall :)

The reason we "lost" was because it was Cleanse II mission and a huge squad of nurgle hid the whole game behind a huge stand of trees.  They finished off some mandrakes that were holding the cover, a judge said that because the drakes were in cover with them I would not get cover saves pfft whatever, so I had to assault them.  I killed 2, but lost 3 and I held, but I was below scoring.  So they held that corner uncontested.  Bad fleet of foot rolls is what made the difference, 2 Inches short for a Warrior squad.

However 2 lascannons failed to wound marines that would have dropped them below half, and they would not have held their own quarter.  The marines broke, and hid behind cover when they auto rallied.  So could not be shot at again.

The IG helped out a good bit being able to drop troop in at times.   The demo squad died every game without doing anything.  Had they landed the demo on those nurgle it would have been a different game. 

So you could say the weak IG cost us the win, but it was a draw for game purposes.

The tourney was awesome, and my mandrakes were so uber it was unreal.  7 mandrakes  killed their points every game, and got 2 points in one game for killing a squad and then getting into the deployment zone.  Our opponents chose not to shoot them up because of them being our hunter squad.  So we lost 150 VP's for them, but +2 game points and we pulled out a minor win based on my cunning.  Besides they were in 4+ cover, so 2+ invulnerable save baby!

Best moment for the mandrakes was turn one in the last game they killed some scouts who ran off the board, then they were assaulted by a Demon Prince of Nurgle with a Manreaper.  I put 2 wounds on him and he promptly failed both saves, and he killed 3.  We broke, but rallied and he died to DL fire the next round.  So that squad of nurgle who was behind him decided to hide on us ><.

Worst moment... wyches used 2 blasters, which I won't ever take again, for the only time in the tourney.  They vaporize a Nurgle Rhino which leaves them wide open to heavy bolter fire from one of the dozens of a devastator squads that we faced in the tourney.  Literally not one Marine army did not have 3 of them except one, who did a librarian with fear of the darkness coupled with Zoey Nid negative leadership thing.  Best general was a Marine/Eldar army with 3 Dev squads with 4 Missle launchers each, and 2 5 man tac squads with Missle Launchers, thankfully we did not face them, as they got horrid sportsmanship.  That team lost a game by the slimest margin as they failed to kill off the hunted squad totally, they killed a huge wraithguard squad but left the seer, after that they dubbed themselves team dumb.  I told them dumb meant mute, so I expected not to hear from them from that point on. 

All good though, great games for the most part, met some new folks and got some cool swag including...Warrior coven book.

Also, welcome Raider101, here drink this...

Offline Amphetamine Parrot

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2007, 12:21:59 PM »
ill pass on the drink. what is 'the warrior coven' book? is that a dark eldar fluff book? if so that would be sweet because IMO the DE do not have enough fluff.
I DEMAND NEW DARK ELDAR!!!