News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Killersquid's Projects  (Read 74100 times)

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Re: Killersquids Harlequins.
« Reply #40 on: April 2, 2015, 01:02:05 PM »
Excellent! When you get it all painted, let's see a full army pic or 2. Bet it'll look amazing all together.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #41 on: April 2, 2015, 03:37:42 PM »
Well thanks folks!

I recently bought my third box of troupes, so now I am at the point where I need to plan out my next purchases, so I only have twelve infantry to paint, and then I have painted everything I have so far bought.

I either will get three shadowseers and three jesters and fill out my troupes for the formation (ceogachs revenge), or get a few starweavers and another voidweaver and get some transport action going. I don't know yet.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #42 on: April 2, 2015, 06:23:19 PM »
I would recommend getting the seers and jesters for the sole reason that you are definitely going to want to bring some along, regardless of which formation you go with.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2015, 06:04:45 PM »
Painted my second squad of Harlequins

I am now working on my first Death Jester. I am going for the ceogach's revenge formation and then expanding it above 1500pts (with Starweavers most likely).
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2015, 06:42:01 PM »
They look really good. Your painting skills are really something to aknowledge. You guys great painter never stop to amaze me ^^
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2015, 06:43:06 PM »
Exactly what Grizzly said.  :)

• Ancient
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2015, 10:31:26 PM »
Thanks folks :)

I took some pictures of what I have done so far.

Whole force so far.

Death Jester

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2015, 01:55:42 AM »
I see some really sweet work there... impressive... the unity coming form this force is really strong

The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

• Ancient
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2015, 05:22:07 PM »
Thanks! There is a tournament in July I am going to attend so I am hoping to have 1750pts ready to go for it.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2015, 06:48:31 PM »
Huuu that sound like a good plan :) looking forward ti it^^

• Ancient
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2015, 09:24:07 PM »
Okay! I had my first game today with my Harlequins. I was hoping to wait until I had painted them all, but I just had an itch I couldn't scratch!

1500pts

I ran the Ceograch's Revenge formation (the troupes with eight troupers in the unit, with a variety of melee weapons in each).

My opponent was running an optimised tyranid list.

Old One eye
Two units of genestealers with broodlords
ravener unit with red terror
Three carnifex's

The dice in the game were really average, which was nice. He, unfortunately, didn't run a list which was really effective against mine. I was hoping he'd have a tougher list, but that's okay.

It was the relic, but that played no effect in the game. I almost killed off all my shadowseers (they all suffered the perils of the warp at least once). The solitare was fairly lackluster, and was quickly dispatched by the raveners (all I rolled was 2's...).

I reduced his units a lot in shooting, so when either I charged him, or he charged me, I was able to deal with his units effectively. I really like the haywire on the sky weavers, the blast shots are really nice. The shadowseers are also great. I used Fog of Dreams on his Carnifex brood, which meant when I charged him, he could only hit me on 6's. I even took a few of the monsters down with my kiss attacks.

Harlequins Caresses are also really nice when they work. After the game, my opponent was a bit upset by how effect the harlequins were at tabling him (which I did, loosing only two troupers, a troupe master and the solitare). I'm confident that had he built an army with a bit more variety, he'd have done better. He also spread out a lot against me, which most likely didn't help.

He's going to the same tournament I am going to in July, and is running space wolves with 10 thunder wolves, so it'll be fun to get practice games against him with a tougher list.

Also, I painted a shadowseer.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

• Ancient
« Reply #51 on: May 4, 2015, 04:58:51 PM »
I have been having trouble getting pictures uploaded, but my plan is to post some new ones soon.

I have finished painting the following so far.

2 eight man troupes
3 death jesters
3 shadowseers
4 skyweavers
1 void bringer

I'm almost done painting the last eight man troupe.

The above is 1500pts using the ceograch's revenge formation. The following, will bring me to 1750.

I have currently unassembled, one voidbringer and two more skyweavers.

I have also had the chance now to play four games.

First game I mentioned in my previous post against tyranids. It was a funny list and I tore it apart.

my second two games, were at 1500pts vs space wolves

He had...

Canis
Harold Death Wolf
Two battle leaders (one with a -5 Initiative armour, and one with a hellfrost sword)
Two squads of six thunderwolves (with assorted powerfists and powerfists)
two squads of 5 blood claws

both games, he ran a battle leader and a named character in each squad.

Game 1, he charged at me full tilt. He ended up with one thunderwolf squad in front of my T1 and the other a turn away on my left. I manage to charge three troupes into his one thunder wolf squad (after doing a lot of shooting) and wipe out all but three wolves who were too far away to allocate wounds to.

The second turn, he charges one of my troupes and wipes them out,  but I kill off his first wolf squad. I then countercharge with the rest of my army and erode his
second squad within a couple of phases, while my skyweavers hunted his blood claws.

I ended up wiping him out.

Game two, he played more cagey, but two of my shadowseers rolled fog of dreams which was brutal against him. He basically tried to stay back, so he could get the charge and hammer of wraith, but I rolled like a champ and ended up getting some really amazing charges. Even though he was hitting on 6's, I didn't really have good rolls for wounding him and he was tanking hits like a boss. However, the game eventually ended the same, with me tabeling him. The instant death hits from the kisses and the auto-wound on the caressess are awesome.

game three, was against ravenguard space marines.

Captain (?) with power axe and artificer armour and jump pack
10 assault marines with flamer, and sgt with combat shield and power axe.
Two 6 man tactical squads with one meltagun in heavy bolter razorbacks.
one stalker
landradier redeamer with 5 tactical terminators

The game started off well, with one of my skyweaver squads taking two hull points off both a razorback and a stalker by clipping both with their haywire cannons. However, I was a bit too aggressive before dealing with transports. The soitare got gunned down, and I made a huge mistake hit and running away from the combat in my turn (afraid of terminators charging), but that move basically cost me the game allowing him to gun down my solitare, a troupe and a shadowseer with rapid firing boltguns. I would have been better off being charged by the terminators. I also had one of my troupes run off the table due to a morale check. So in one turn, I lost two shadowseers, two troupes and my solitare.

However, at the end of the game, I was almost able to pull off a draw but ended up with 5pts to 6. 2 maelstrom, line breaker, alternate first blood (we each nominate an enemy unit we want to kill) and warlord, to his 4pts plus line breaker and warlord.

In the second game, I was able to make use of veil of tears, which was hilarious.

One thing I found, is that my shadowseers perils a lot, I don't think I've had a game where any survived with full wounds.

Here is the army so far.

« Last Edit: May 5, 2015, 07:31:14 AM by Killersquid »
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline The Reborn

• I'm being out-gunned by a darn Carnifex....
  • Armies: Eldar, Harlequins.
« Reply #52 on: May 8, 2015, 08:14:30 AM »
Wow! :)

Extremely good work on these clowns Killersquid.  Very neat, great bases, just...wow!

a corking job sir.

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #53 on: May 8, 2015, 09:08:54 AM »
Yeah i'm looking forward to see them on the table for a game :D
the look gorgeaous and there is a great sens of unity coming out of this guy's !

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #54 on: May 8, 2015, 10:47:31 AM »
I already knew how well you painted from seeing your Blood Angels first hand, but these Harlequins take things to a whole new level.  The Shadowseer is my favourite.  He looks really imposing.  This army will look fantastic on any gaming surface.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

• Ancient
« Reply #55 on: June 6, 2015, 05:10:46 PM »
Sorry for the lack of posting. I've been busy with work, but have still been painting. All I have left to finish is two sky weavers and a Star weaver and then my 1750pt army is finished.

I don't have any army pictures, but I have some pictures from some games I've played.

I played two games against my buddies thunderbolt army.

He had two units of 6 thunder wolves and a lord in each, two units of blood claws, the space wolves heavy support flyer, one unit of IG vets, commissar and two basilisks.

Game 1.

I was able to make one of his wolf units run off the table turn 1 with terrify and death is not enough. His basilisks made heavy damage in my troops until I could kill them however. In the end, I wiped him off the table.

MVP's were the sky weavers and shadowseers, like always.

Game 2

In the second game, I really messed up his wolf units with dominate and the mask of secrets. His one wolf unit I was able to charge with the solitare and a troupe, but his second thunderwolf squad failed it's leadership tests to move and charge. That basically allowed me to win the game.

Game 3

I played against chaos marines with allied crimson slaughter.

Bleaker
Three units of cultists
One Tzeentch daemon prince
One chaos sorcerer on bike
Nurlge spawn of 5
Two mauled fiends
Two predators
5 man chaos marine unit in rhino

His predators didn't do anything. He blocked up his maulerfiends, so I was able to get both with each of my bikes haywire launchers. He passed his Inv saves so well, that he didn't loose any of the mailer fiends until the second turn (he passed like eight saves turn one).

His sorcerer and spawn moved down my left flank to harass me, so I charged with my Solitaire turn 1 (to his surprise) and then finished off the unit my second turn when a troupe joined in. The second maulerfiend was killed by my death jesters throwing haywire grenades at it. Belakor was flying the whole game, so I ignored him and he had no impact on the game. I killed his daemon prince with psychic shriek and then charging into combat.

My chaos opponent was too used to people not being able to death with the high toughness multi wound spawn. Fleshbane on the shadowseers helps a lot with that. I then took down his strong targets piecemeal, as his units were spread across the table.

I ended up loosing one skyweaver squad and a handful of troupe models in the third game.

Overall, not bad turn outs. The army works really well. My only loss so far is against codex space marines.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #56 on: June 6, 2015, 05:43:45 PM »
Glad to see you are getting some games in and enjoying the Harlequins.  They all look fantastic.  I do have to ask though, with regards to the Skyweavers.  How are you doing the second rider, are you gluing them on or just leaving them for later?  I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to keep them on the bikes without gluing them, and pinning is looking like a total pain in the ass.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

• Ancient
« Reply #57 on: June 7, 2015, 07:23:08 AM »
I just glued the second rider on. I painted them separately from the vehicle though. I've not had any issues with that.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #58 on: June 7, 2015, 10:30:52 AM »
That's what I did too. Used super glue so I wouldn't have to scrap paint away for plastic glue.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #59 on: June 9, 2015, 01:45:55 PM »
Your amazingly painted army, and the games you get to play with it, makes me want to eat my flip flops in a jealous fit of rage.  Well done.  ;D