News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Game 3: Creedalicious vs. Black Templar  (Read 719 times)

Offline TheShirtlessMan

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Game 3: Creedalicious vs. Black Templar
« on: February 23, 2012, 03:49:09 AM »
Battle Report Game 3 vs. Black Templars
Mission and Deployment: Capture and Control, Spearhead

The map: 1 BLOS/impass building in the top left, one in the bottom right. 1 Obscuring forest in the bottom left, one in the top right. 1 4+DT bunker in the top center of the map, one in the left center.  There is an obscuring ruins in the bottom right quarter, to the left of the BLOS/Impass building.
I win the rolloff and take the bottom right of the map, which has some obscuring ruins and a BLOS building. I place my objective bottom right-middle, he places his in the exact center of his table quarter.

My list:
1 CCS - Creed, standard,vox,AC
   Chimera - ML/HB
1 PCS - Chenkov, AC
   Chimera - ML/HB
4 INf. Squads - 4 LC, 4 PW, 4 MB, 2 Vox
1 PCS - 4 flamers
   Chimera - ML/HF
4 Inf. Squads - 4 AC, 4 PW, 4 MB, 2 Vox
1 Devil Dog - HF
Demolisher - HF
LRBT - HB Sponsons
Manticore - HB

Enemy List:
Emperor's Champ
Marshal+4Termies: 2 missiles, chainfist, thunderhammer
Castellan + Command Squad: 2 Meltas, Apothecary, 2 storm shields, Drop Pod, Power Fist, standard
6man Crusader squad + 3 neophytes(in LRC), Power fist
5man Crusader squad - LC/PG
5man Crusader squad - LC/PG
Typhoon Speeder - Missiles
LRC - Hurrican bolters, MM, Asscannon

My deployment: Manticore behind BLOS building, Chenkov's Chimera behind Creed's chimera and LRBT which are between the BLOS and the obscuring ruins. I split the infantry into 1-40man with 4AC, and 2 X 20-man with 2 LC each, 40man for offense, 20mans for defense. All 3 squads are now in the Standard+Stubborn bubble from Chenkov and the Regimental Standard. Devil Dog, Demolisher, and Flamer PCS go on bottom left of deployment to try and flank to objective. I decide to give scouts to the Demolisher so it can get a little closer turn 1. 40-man squad goes smack dab in the middle, looking to charge for his objective if possible, 20man squads on the flanks are spread to block a DS pod in the back and also hold my objective. I place my Command Chimeras and blobs too close together and screw myself out of any kind of maneuverability, but hey, they're not meant to move.

His deployment: LRC as close to me as possible, 2 grot squads on his objective, speeder behind the LRC, termies in the center of his table quarter, between the grots and LRC, and pod with command squad in reserve(no drop pod assault for BT turn 1)

Turn 1: He steals initiative!! Speeder goes to the right side of the map, LRC moves 6" forward. Lot of good it does him as he shoots all his AT(2 LC, 4 termie missiles, typhoon missiles) at Creed and Chenkov's chimeras, and cover sees him get ONLY a shaken on Creed's chimera, HA! LRC fires AssCannon and Hurricane Bolters at 40-man squad. The only target for the AC 40blob is the speeder, so I go to ground, banking on re-rollable "get back in the fight" and 8 non-TL AC shots to take down the speeder, good thing, as I lose only 2 or 3 guys.

My turn 1: The Devil Dog moves to give cover to the Demolisher from his lascannons and missiles, and the Flamer PCS Chimera blocks the rear of the Demolisher and pops smoke(in case his pod comes in turn 2). Orders time, AC blob gets back up, orders fail for LC's, but who needs 'em as my last LC wrecks the LRC, and he piles out into cover. LRBT, LRD, and chimeras whittle down his crusader+champ squad to half. Manticore misses everything, Devil Dog kills a termie. AC blob stuns the speeder and takes off the Typhoon missiles. An EXCELLENT turn 1, considering he stole initiative, but failed to capitalize on it.

Turn 2: Pod does not come in. Depleted Crusaders+champ move closer to charge AC 40blob squad. Termies move up, shoot Chenkov's chimera and shake it. Lascannons and plasma shake Devil Dog. Crusaders charge AC blob squad, kill 7, hits back see a wound on the champ and 1 crusader down. Lose combat, but thanks to LD8 stubborn+standard reroll, they stay.

My Turn 2: LRD, Devil Dog, and Flamer PCS reposition into a phalanx with PCS behind the other tanks on the left, 20-man squad moves to charge the crusader+champ squad with Honor of Cadia! Creed's AC stuns the speeder again. Manticore misses again. LRD and multilaser from Flamer PCS Chimera take out 4/5 of one of his grot squads. 20-man Fearless/FC(Honor of Cadia) charges the crusader+champ squad, Champ passes invulns, I lose combat again, pass with LD8 Stubborn+Standard reroll again.

Turn 3: Pod comes in, he tries to put it next to my LRBT, but it scatters 9" to the left next to my LRD+DevilDog. Termies move up to put the hurtin' on LRD and DevilDog. Enemy Command squad from pod meltas the LRD and it explodes, then lascannons/plasma guns explode the Devil Dog, Flamer PCS looks very lonely and vulnerable now. CC sees the champ fall to PW's and now only 2 crusaders left, with 6 PW sargeants closing in MUWHAHAHAHA.

My turn 3: Flamer PCS moves next to the pod squad for extra crispiness(I remember to stay INSIDE the transport this time). Orders TL LC's into the Pod, do nothing. AC's and Multilasers stun the speeder, AGAIN. Multilaser from Creed's chimera kills off one grot squad. Manticore scatters, but manages to kill 1 from his other grot squad! LRBT shells pod command squad, kills 4! Flamers kill 2 more, since he has FNP. 40man and 20man finish off the last of the crusaders and consolidate towards the termies.

Turn 4: OMG 40man blob is all bunched up, I forget to space them out, and his missile termies move in. They cause 17(!!) wounds from missiles, and 2 from storm bolters! I am out of cover, and he's going to charge me anyway, so I go to ground(lol). 2 6+ cover save passes and 10 5+ armor saves passed later(WTF!) the blob is just in range of the standard to pass morale! Command Pod Squad charges the still full 20man at the bottom on my objective and the termies charge what's left of the 40man. Termies charge the 40man squad, pulling them out of stubborn+standard bubble. I kill one termie with PW's, and I am out of stubborn and standard bubble(OH NOES), so of course I lose combat and run away 7". 20man squad loses 6 to depleted command squad on the bottom, kills 1 back, and they pass morale with stubborn+reroll.

My turn 4: 40man blob runs away 6", now in a PERFECT position to charge in(with get back in the fight) and  support the 20man squad in combat with his command squad. Unluckily, 40man has no vox-men left, but they pass with an 8 to get back in the fight, whew! Flamer PCS moves 12" and dumps them out next to his remaining grot squad. Orders see 40man get back in the fight, and 20man LC squad finally takes out the speeder with BID! Flamer PCS wipes his other grot squad! Manticore misses the termies and stuns the flamer PCS chimera! LRBT kills 1 termie. 40man blob charges command squad, wipes all of the squad, only Castellan left! I lose combat, but back in the stubborn+reroll bubble sees nobody running.

Turn 5: Termies move to charge Flamer PCS and their chimera. At this point he has his Castellan, 2 termies, and his pod left. Termies wipe Flamer PCS in CC and stun chimera. 40man and 20man PW through the castellan and consolidate toward the Pod.

My turn 5: Chenkov moves to secure my objective, pops smoke. Blobs run into midfield toward enemy objective. Shooting gets marshal down to 1 wound, Blobs charge pod with 6 Melta Bombs(lol), and it blows up, killing like 10 of my own guys(LOL). I roll to go on and we do.

Turn 6: He shoots missiles at Chenkov's chimera, misses.

My turn 6: Full 20man squad moves to charge last 2 termies, double 6's rolled so no Honor. :( They don't need it as shooting takes out the last of the termies. GAME OVER, TABLED! WHOOO! GUARD WIN AGAIN!

So this game, everything went according to plan, I was able to split my squads during deployment effectively for offense and defense, the Manticore failed spectacularly this game(mostly from a lack of targets), which after being very integral the last 2 games, was extremely disappointing, but if no LOS is the price I pay for having it live the whole game, it may be worth it, I'll remember that, maybe be more risky next time.

The ONLY time I run from combat is when I'm out of the stubborn+standard reroll bubble! IG depletes his assault elements with shooting, and each squad engaged in CC holds long enough for another squad to charge in and wipe the enemy assaulters! My only major mistakes were bunching up in my deployment, limiting my maneuverability, and bunching up for his termie missiles turn 4. Other than that, I believe I played this style of IG list to its max! Whittling down the enemy with shooting and then charging the depleted squads with Honor of Cadia'd Stubborn+Standard Reroll Power Blobs to finish them off!

Once again, the enemy failed to kill either Creed OR Chenkov, having 80 infantry on the board sure is distracting! Especially when they're full of PW's, Melta Bombs, and AT weps.  8)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 03:34:25 PM by TheShirtlessMan »
Page 51 of the IG codex. The Imperial Guard have recorded a confirmed kill ratio of 99,999:1.........what you got?