News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Gaming Club Resources-Map of UK Clubs  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Razyus

• I wish things got done
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Takes a long time to build a cathedral of hate
Gaming Club Resources-Map of UK Clubs
« on: January 11, 2012, 08:37:52 AM »
Now, it seems to me that a lot of the threads in this board are looking for players or groups to join. It seems like this might be a good thing to have around:

The Unofficial 40kO Map of Clubs

While it is by no means a complete list of clubs in the UK, it certainly can be a good jumping off point for those searching for a club. I assume there is no way to actually embed the map, correct?

Razyus

Edit: Changed title & update link to new more inclusive (and in the process of becoming more exhaustive map)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 06:59:47 AM by Razyus »
What sort of evil good for nothing bastard stares out a window, or ducks, or materialises during a bloody good game of cricket

Offline 666_Mutley_666

• Mass debating - a filthy group habbit!
Re: Gaming Club Resources-UK GCN Map
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 04:25:11 AM »
theres a club in luton (thought i'd mention it as there none particularly close to it on your map)

The Holy Ghost Church on 33 Westbourne Road, Luton, LU4 8JD lutontabletopgaming c​lub@hotmail.co.uk
oink is a nancy!

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 04:35:05 AM »
This is a great ide, however as you've both noticed there are a lot of clubs on the Map. No fualt of yours Razyus of course. I suppose someone will have to 'manage' the map to in order to add, amend, delete as required.

Still a great idea, well done Razyus.

Offline Razyus

• I wish things got done
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 06:25:36 AM »
It's not actually my Map, it belongs to the Gaming Club Network, however, it would probably be feasible to move the information over and have our own updateable map...there goes my weekend.

Razyus
What sort of evil good for nothing bastard stares out a window, or ducks, or materialises during a bloody good game of cricket

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 06:38:41 AM »
The GCN is the GW backed organisation for gaming clubs, not all gaming clubs maintain membership of it. Largely the only reason to is for exhibiting a gaming table at games day, and being advertised via WD.

The WPS is the independent version http://www.the-wps.com/ which has a list of member clubs on the 'contact' page.
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Razyus

• I wish things got done
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 06:43:44 AM »
I knew that it was the approved facility, but it seemed like a logical place to start. Thanks for the link. This is going to be a Long and Laborious process, but I'll get to it.