News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Can you guys help me out?  (Read 603 times)

Offline myles

• Lazerous Penguin
  • This is my game face
Can you guys help me out?
« on: February 22, 2007, 02:00:24 AM »
I don't play tyranids, so whenever I'm around a bunch of 'nid players I keep hearing these confusing terms bandied about. People casually speak of 'Elitefexes' and 'Sniperfexes' and so on, but I have no idea what they're talking about!

I know these terms are slang for different carnifex configurations, but can anyone give me a comprehensive list of what terms mean what?
The first problem is the creation of meaningless e-personas. Such personas are undesirable because they lead users to prejudge a post and its content based on their impressions of the author. One is predisposed to criticize a perfectly legitimate comment or praise a stupid one simply because of preconceived notions about who wrote it. Anonymous posting avoids this situation by removing identity from the post, making any praise or criticism directed solely at the content.

Offline Siege_TF

• Lazerous Penguin
  • *Slurp* I mean... *Sip*
Re: Can you guys help me out?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 02:20:19 AM »
I do believe there's a carnifex configuration thread stickied, have you tried asking for a summary of carnifex templates (we call this, this, this and this a hubajubafex) there?
Onager 
/ˈänəjər
/Noun
An animal of a race of the Asian wild ass (Equus hemionus onager) native to northern Iran.

In other words GW are calling Tau players wild asses for wanting a melee suit option.

Offline Noble

• Everybody else was doing it...
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 02:30:37 AM »
Don't you hate it when someone beats you to post while you are typing... I'm just too slow

Anyway, I was going to say more, but now I will just say that Elite Fexes are Fexes in the elite slot because they have been minimally upgraded and are cheaper, so that a nid player can get 8 MC's.

Also, check Benandorf's Carnifex Tactica, currently shown on the 40kO homepage, because he covered everything

Offline myles

• Lazerous Penguin
  • This is my game face
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 02:36:20 AM »
Ah HA! I found his 'fex tactica, now I'll be in the know. :) Thanks!
The first problem is the creation of meaningless e-personas. Such personas are undesirable because they lead users to prejudge a post and its content based on their impressions of the author. One is predisposed to criticize a perfectly legitimate comment or praise a stupid one simply because of preconceived notions about who wrote it. Anonymous posting avoids this situation by removing identity from the post, making any praise or criticism directed solely at the content.