News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: GT Necron Army List!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1472 times)

Offline 1000 sons

• Tzeentch, Lord of Sorcery, and Changer of Ways
GT Necron Army List!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: March 24, 2003, 09:43:18 PM »
1850 GT/ RTT Necron List

H.Q.

-Necron Lord 1
   Resurrection Orb

Total = 140 Pts

-Necron Lord 2
   Resurrection Orb
   Warscythe

Total = 140 Pts

Elites

-Necron Immortal Squad
   10 Immortals

Total = 280 Pts

Troops

-Warrior Squad 1
   15 Warriors

Total = 270 Pts

-Warrior Squad 2
   15 Warriors

Total = 270 Pts

-Warrior Squad 3
   15 Warriors

Total = 270 Pts

Heavy Support

-Monolith 1

Total = 235

-Monolith 2

Total = 235

Total Points = 1850

I plan on using the Monoliths to keep re-roling the WBBs that failed at the beginning of the turn. I have seen a smaller army of this sort win at a local tournament. Of course, my tactics would have to change while playing Tau.  ;D
Every book was sacred, every writing worthy of study, every document a resource to be drained. The ultimate knowledge was sorcery, the way to final enlightment, the key to the universe.

"Magnus the Red did take to the field of battle, causing the ravedged ground to liquefy 'neath his mighty stride........Magnu s spoke a word of power, and did sink away into the iridescent ground" -  the Edda of the Hammer

Offline Ranger Astheria

• Formerly 'Ranger of Alaitoc'
  • Ancient
  • Holding onto a thread of hope...
    • Realm of Runes
Re:GT Necron Army List!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2003, 09:58:02 PM »
While their may no longer be a compostion score fielding two monoliths will show up in your sportmanship score.  I normally get a lot of comments for just 1.  Other than that it looks like a good list.  If you drop one get some destroyers and a veil as most GT scenarios require a lot of movement.

Click my banner to visit Realm of Runes for all your WFB needs!

Offline VooDoo

• I have become death, the destroyer of worlds.
    • ClanTEK
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2003, 10:43:46 PM »
1850 GT/ RTT Necron List
-Necron Lord 2
   Resurrection Orb
   Warscythe

Total = 140 Pts

Actually, this is 150 points.  You forgot to include the WarScythe.  

As for the Monolith, don't let people knock you on sportsmanship because you field a particular unit.  That's just poor sportsmanship on their part.  If people can't take on your army Monolith(s) or no, then they obviously did something wrong in putting theirs together.  There are no cheesy units, just cheesy people.  Those people who constantly complain about a certain unit are too cheesy for me, that's why there are no Tournaments in my future...

Help the GREAT VUDU in his quest to destroy the evil ZEROMUS...

Join the greatest game on earth:   HERE

The brains behind the greatest clan software EVER!
ClanTEK

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2003, 10:49:19 PM »
1850 GT/ RTT Necron List

As for the Monolith, don't let people knock you on sportsmanship because you field a particular unit.  That's just poor sportsmanship on their part.  If people can't take on your army Monolith(s) or no, then they obviously did something wrong in putting theirs together.  There are no cheesy units, just cheesy people.  Those people who constantly complain about a certain unit are too cheesy for me, that's why there are no Tournaments in my future...

God, i wish everyone thought as you do. You are so RIGHT!!!!
Every book was sacred, every writing worthy of study, every document a resource to be drained. The ultimate knowledge was sorcery, the way to final enlightment, the key to the universe.

"Magnus the Red did take to the field of battle, causing the ravedged ground to liquefy 'neath his mighty stride........Magnu s spoke a word of power, and did sink away into the iridescent ground" -  the Edda of the Hammer

Offline VooDoo

• ClanTEK
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2003, 10:52:35 PM »
If everyone thought the same as me, it would be a perfect world...

...highly unlikely...

ClanTEK

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2003, 10:54:10 PM »
Lol, oh well. But I totaly agree with you. Im pretty tired of hearing people scream cheese when they see a Monolith, much less two. If it was cheese, it wouldn't have been printed in the codex.

Offline VooDoo

• ClanTEK
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2003, 11:44:24 PM »
eggzachary...

ClanTEK

Offline ShadowX

• Life is a privilege. Death is your right.
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2003, 12:15:18 AM »
Lol.  There are not cheesy units on their own, true.  There is a way to handle everything.  However, there are things which are directly against the spirit of the game, and taking unfair advantage of the way the game is structured.

Taking the Monolith as a example, were you to field multiple Monolith's against Sister's or Dark Eldar, I'd consider you to be quite beardy.  This isn't because the unit in itself is unbalanced, but that the combination of multiples of that unit, against a certain opponent provide an unfair advantage.  In a game system which is perfectly balanced this should not happen.

Were I to meet up with an army such as this I'd mark it down on Sportsmanship too.  Not because I think the unit itself is unbalanced, but because I don't believe that the use of 2 Monoliths just isn't fair in certain circumstances.  It wouldn't matter if I blew them both up on the first turn.  Playing nice is a part of tournaments; we're all there to have fun, and people should build their armies with the thought in mind.  Unfortunately too many people view too many things as unbalanced, which leads to unbalanced accusations.  I play in tournaments to meet people, get new games in, because I rarely have any other opportunity.  I've been shafted on Sportsmanship before, but that's life.  Some people just think the way they do; it's something that'll never change.  (End rambling..)

Xhadow
Aegis insubstantial; before the deluge.

We are already Dead.

Only the Insane have the strength to prosper.  Only those who prosper truly judge what is sane.

I shall become a Blight upon the land.  And everything I touch shall wither and die.

Offline VooDoo

• ClanTEK
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2003, 01:13:56 AM »
Well, here is the phylosophy behind my views:

If you field three units that cost you 235 points each, that's 705 points taken away from the rest of your army on THREE UNITS!  That leaves you with 1295 points to make at least one HQ and two troop choices.  In the case of Necron that itself is a lot of points.

705 for heavy

100 for a BARE Lord, BARE BONES!  

360 points for the BARE BONES ABSOLUTE LEAST AMOUNT of troops you can have...

That steps it up to 1165 points on just the BARE CORE ARMY...and your "Cheesy" Monoliths...

Now you're left with 835 points to create a good army, which is darn near impossible witht he Necrons.  You ALWAYS have to take into account the phase out rule and with only a few Necrons on the table, you're sure to lose the battle before it even starts.

So, after all is said and done, what I'm trying to get at is...

If a player so chooses to "waste" all these points on units that are bad a$$ed, but expensive, leaving them with only a few points left to maintain the rest of the army, then that's their choice....they will probably lose a horrible battle, and quickly!  However, if you calculate your army correctly and utilize the points to their fullest potential, then you'll come out a winner.  The game isn't about one army being better than another, it's about who can piece together the best battle force to defeat their opponent.  And if three Monoliths is what it takes, then let them do their thing...  There are NO cheesy models, only poor sports that can't take a certain unit as a challange and defeat it, instead they knock you down on sportsmanship for something that has nothing to do with sportsmanship..

Very irritating.  People misuse sportsmanship way too much in this game.  Sportsmanship is the attitude and demeanor of your opponent.  Not the choice of amry they choose.

I could go on for days about this, as you can tell, I'm rather passionate about this subject, however, I'll let someone else talk now...

ClanTEK

Offline Halberd-Blue

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Long Live C'Nesha
    • Lord of the Universe's Website
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2003, 06:59:12 AM »
I agree entirely.  The main reason I don't like tournaments is because of sportsmanship.  If people don't like your army, fine, that has nothing to do with sportsmanship.  But a lot of people out there are thinking something like "I don't like their army, I'll just mark them down on sportsmanship!"...
"The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal."

Offline Devourer of worlds

• You mess with the best you die like the rest!
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2003, 10:56:18 AM »
A tornement I wet to once had a good way of marcking armies for sportsman ship, they had all the staff come round and analyse your list, I think this is much fairer.

As to your list I would certainly take 1 lord with VOD just because its greate for takeing out units that hide behined other units, like dark reapers or devestators. Also I think 2 monoliths is a bit risky, If your opponant has good AT you could be in serious trouble. One final thing I dont think useing the monoliths just to keep things alive is a good use of 470 points, you want to fire the particle wip as well, at lease I always do.
If terror is you'r dominion, then you need fear notheing.