News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Celestial Lance  (Read 2048 times)

Offline cabie22 (Thread-Jacker)

• i can ride my bike with no handlebars
The Celestial Lance
« on: April 6, 2017, 09:40:52 AM »
A few months back, games workshop put out an faq that brought the Iyanden suppliment back into the fold.

I am building a heavily converted spiritseer shadow council, and would like to build one with the celestial lance (partly for fun, partly for fluff, and partly because I think it would actually be good in game).

I was wondering if any of yall have seen/done a celestial lance conversation yourselves.

I'm open to ideas.

So far, my best idea is the Lance that comes in the Autarch jetbike conversion kit. I think my biggest challange will be making a lance look cool on an infantry model.
I wish i had some wraithbone

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: The Celestial Lance
« Reply #1 on: April 7, 2017, 07:26:30 AM »
Yeah I dont think I would go with the Autarch's laser lance on an infantry model. There are these light Wood Elf throwing spears that are somewhat short and would look great on infantry models. You could use those

Wood Elf Sisters of the Thorn Spears-

Warhammer Wood Elves Sisters of the Thorn / Wild Riders x5 Spear / Javelin Bits

I've done a sort of counts-as-everything type lance for my Autarch/Corsair Prince... I run it as a laser lance, Soulshrive and I could run it as the Celestial Lance though I never have (that would be fun... gotta try it). I used High Elf Dragon Prince kits

Anyway hope that helps. Good luck! If you get a chance share whatever you come up with in the painting boards. I'd love to see it!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: April 7, 2017, 10:27:11 AM »
Given the celestial lance was original held by the shinning spear phoenix lord, a laser lance would be the way to go on a Autarch with Jetbike.

If you want to run it on an infantry model, then you start to look more at spears.

The skycutters in the high elf range has a nice almost trident looking thing.
The high elf chariots have a nice long spear held in two hands that can be converted easily, I did this to one of my Corsairs.

If you want to customise the spear tip a bit, then the eternal guard has very nice tips.

If you want to tinker a bit more, then check out the sisters of thorn photo on GW site. The middle one seems a prime candidate.

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #3 on: April 7, 2017, 11:19:47 AM »
You've always got the Dire Avenger Exarch spear, they look pretty nice and scaled well for an infantry model.
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline cabie22 (Thread-Jacker)

• i can ride my bike with no handlebars
« Reply #4 on: April 7, 2017, 07:32:22 PM »
Thanks for the ideas, I'm going to check those out on the train ride tonight.

The toughest part of vacation is not being able to work on models >:(
I wish i had some wraithbone