News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Astra Militarum Convert 2000 point list  (Read 2813 times)

Offline Ludo

• Why, you ask. Why not?
  • Armies: Marines, Flesh Tearers, Dark Eldar, Guard, Tau
Astra Militarum Convert 2000 point list
« on: August 22, 2014, 02:06:46 PM »
I played space marine and then dark elder for a long time and with the advent of allies started slowly adding in AM until recently.  I'm looking to build a fun/fluffy/semi-competitive list. 

I've thought of dropping a psyker and a priest or the battle tank to add some scions with meltaguns so I have another squad to put it one of the flyers besides just the PCS.

HQ
Yarrick

Pask in a Vanquisher with LC & MM sponsons
 squadmate eradicator with HB and HB sponsons

2x Priests

2x LVL 2 psykers.  I'm usually going for forewarning from divination. If I get that with the first one I'll roll on telepathy with the second psyker.

Troops:
Infantry PLT
PCS with 3x flamers
5x Infantry Squads with autocannons & SGTs with Meltabombs

Veterans with 3x meltas in a chimera

Veterans with 3x plasma in a chimera

Valkyria with Missile pods

Vendetta

Wyvern Battery
2x Wyverns

Leman Russ Battle Tank

Smurf Hero Extrodinaire

Offline Dangerousdave0042

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
  • Armies: Imperial Guard, Blood Angels and Tyranids
Re: Astra Militarum Convert 2000 point list
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 01:03:18 AM »
Looks pretty good. The Wyverns are definitely a solid choice.

I normally run Pask in a Punisher as you get a better return on the better BS due to the higher number of shots, and his special skill with a Punisher is great.

Not sure about putting MM on a LR. You need to close for them to be useful and that's a bit dangerous especially as the Vanquisher and LC are long range weapons. They are also a lot of points.

I've never used Yarrick personnaly, but I've heard he's good if you use him aggressively. Are you putting him in a 50 man blob squad with two priests and going for it? Otherwise i'm not so sure on the priests or Yarrick.

Vendetta is still a good choice as well.
Just because you can, doesn't mean that you should.

Offline Ludo

• Why, you ask. Why not?
  • Armies: Marines, Flesh Tearers, Dark Eldar, Guard, Tau
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 09:54:39 AM »
Yarrick, unlike the other commissars, doesn't give the blob stubborn but he can give them senior orders.  The priests are then needed to keep them from running away. He and the priests go with the full 5 squad blob. The multimeltas are more there to keep deep striking units at bay.  Great for taking out a dreadnought that comes in from a drop pod.

I'm not sure if Pask is work it or if I should downgrade to a tank commander.  I am not sure what I would do with the extra points.
Smurf Hero Extrodinaire

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 10:03:27 AM »
Yarrick, unlike the other commissars, doesn't give the blob stubborn but he can give them senior orders.

For a moment I thought this was a mistake until I checked both the codex and the errata and yes, you're right!  A non stubborn Commissar?  What a world.  :P

And just a suggestion, if you were to downgrade Pask to a vanilla commander I'm sure you could spend the spare points on special weapons for your infantry squads.