News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Calling all 2nd Ed. Pirate afficionados!  (Read 2023 times)

Offline nil

• I'm a grown man who plays with dolls. Pity me.
Calling all 2nd Ed. Pirate afficionados!
« on: March 20, 2011, 11:45:51 PM »
So I know that when it comes to pirates, there's something of a divide between those who love RT pirates and those who prefer 2nd Ed pirates.  This comes out most, probably, in arguments about stats.

Having skipped 2nd Ed myself, I don't know a lot about pirates from that era.  But I'm interested in developing pirate rules to allow people to play the kind of army they want to play.  So if you're a big fan of 2nd Ed pirates, I want to know what you loved about them!

I'm curious about lots of parts.  Did you grow to love and prefer 2nd Ed pirates despite being introduced to the RT variety, or were the 2nd Ed rules your first serious taste?  Do you still want to play pirates?  How are you limited by counts-as craftworld armies?  How did you like to field your pirates?  Could RT and 2nd style pirates coexist in the same codex, or would that ruin it for you?  What were your pirates of choice, and what kind of fluff did you invent for them?

Anything is of use, so anything you might want to add helps me.  Thanks!
Please visit my Eldar Pirate conversion project at http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=212375.msg2591462;topicseen#msg2591462-- yellow elf needs feedback badly!