News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Help against Dark Elf Cok  (Read 535 times)

Offline Apocalypse

• Peace through superior firepower
Help against Dark Elf Cok
« on: September 23, 2003, 07:23:52 AM »
I am having problems dealing with cold one knights.
are there any sujestions?

I play wood elf.....
« Last Edit: September 23, 2003, 07:24:18 AM by Apocalypse »
Never argue with an idiot, they just drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

There's a fine line between crazy and genious, I just choose to walk that line.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re:Help against Dark Elf Cok
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2003, 09:10:47 AM »
They can be a pain to you, Wardacners and treemen can work in cc against them, and flying up a greateagle beside them hinders their marchin, whicl subjects them to another round of magic/shooting.
   Not sure how well dryads would work, but they might slow them down at least.
   Isn't there a magical item which shoot boltrower-shots, or was that HE? If it is WE then you can use that to great effect if you can flank them (and string up an entire rank in one shot).

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline wardancer

• don't you just HATE GW managers
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2003, 11:30:06 AM »
I think what Rasmus means is the Hunting Spear: works just like a blot thrower. Only problem is that only lords can take one because of the points cost, and as I play a magic heavy Wood Elf army, I don't often give it to my archmage. However, you could give it to a forest lord on a great eagle, fly him to the cold one's flanks and bingo!
If you are reading this you obviously have too much time on your hands.

Offline Apocalypse

• Peace through superior firepower
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2003, 03:03:41 AM »
yeah, I do use the spear sometimes when the game permits it. my oponent is very worthy prey......
I very rarely see his flank.
although it did incinerate a highborn with str8 on a cold one the other day.    :P  hehehe
Never argue with an idiot, they just drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

There's a fine line between crazy and genious, I just choose to walk that line.

Offline Loki_81

• ahoy
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2003, 05:34:03 AM »
yeah, I do use the spear sometimes when the game permits it. my oponent is very worthy prey......
I very rarely see his flank.
although it did incinerate a highborn with str8 on a cold one the other day.    :P  hehehe

You know the sound that the teacher from peanuts make when talking? Muah muah mua, muah muah muah, that's all i heard from this tread. :) I sadly left him open to this shot in order to get better charge arch on the treeman, which i did, and to kill him, which i also did.

If he sees my flank it's because i have let him in their to die, simple as that. Apoc knows this, and as you can see sometimes i'm even willing to give a highborn or noble as bait.

Sadly my opinion on this one is that once you focus on taking down one unit type, you leave your army lacking in other areas. Don't get me wrong, focusing your firepower isn't what i'm talking about here, it's from the moment you write your list. If you write your list with something in mind you might have a tendency to forget about the other power that there is in your opponent. Their are other problems here that i'm not even going to get into also, all leading to you not having a very fun game. If you think that it's just the Cok kicking your butt then you gotta nother thing commin, ha.