News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 500pt list  (Read 294 times)

Offline Mrgame

500pt list
« on: February 25, 2006, 11:05:55 PM »
This is my first one,so take it easy.

HQ:
Senior officer
powersword
laspistol
mastervox
heavybolter team
2 lasguns
90pts

Platoon HQ:
JO
cc weapon
boltpistol
vox caster
missile launcher team
2 lasguns
61pts

Squad1
cc weapon
laspistol
vox caster
grenade launcher
8 lasguns
73pts
squad 2 is the same except it has a autocannon with it.

Armoures fist squad
7 lasguns
vox caster
plasma gun
heavybolter team
chimera
multilaser
hull heavy bolter
extra armour
smoke launchers
track guards(these are just to fill pts.,will be switched with a 10pt item soon)
188pts

total:500pts

I know the first thing will be picked at is the master vox and vox casters,no idea what I'll be facing,I may be moving around alot,better safe than sorry.
SO,just to fill up points for now untill I find something to use those 15 points for(which would downgrade to a JO).
Missile launcher just in case(You know dreads and speeders or around those lines).
Power weapon,well I got the cadian HQ box,so it will have to do before I feel like converting.

Thanks for reading,C&C are welcome.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 11:14:53 PM by Mrgame »

Offline PaxImperator

• Staff Officer; Imperium Extraordinarius
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: 500pt list
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 09:07:55 AM »
Perhaps it would be a good idea to first come up with an ultimate, 'perfect' list, then start compromising because of available models. You'll have a goal with your army that way, and those with suggestions won't have to bear in mind that quite a few things are in fact filler.

So, bearing that in mind...

- You were right about the vox network. It's the first thing I'd like to see gone. Not only will you probably not need it on 4'x4' tables with two command squads, but veteran sergeants are cheaper and all-round better if you decide you can't go without squad level leadership.

- The Command HQ is not too bad, but I'd either make it all-counter assault or all-shooting. Senior officers with power swords don't mix with heavy bolters and lasguns. In any case, I heartily recommend a company standard. Best buy for the points in my opinion.

- The infantry platoon isn't bad, but I'd put an autocannon in the one infantry squad that's currently lacking a heavy weapon.

- I'd exchange the AF squad's heavy bolter for a missile launcher, to go with the plasma gun. I absolutely despise track guards, so I'm glad you regard them only as points filler. 

It's still a bit light on numbers and marine-killing ability, but that could be remedied with more missile launchers and plasma guns, preferably in more infantry squads. It's not a bad list, just less than optimal.

Offline Mrgame

Re: 500pt list
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 12:00:23 PM »
Thanks for your comments.I will post a revised list soon.

Senior officer
powerweapon
laspistol
2 flamers
vet sgt
2 ccw
boltpistol
laspistol
79pts

Platoon
juniorofficer
4xccw
boltpistol
3x vet sgt
2xlaspistol
13 lasguns
heavybolter team
2x autocannon teams
2x plasma guns
240pts all together

Armoured fist squad
7 lasguns
plasma gun
missile launcher team
vet sgt
chimera
multilaser
hull heavy bolter
extra armour
181pts

should be 500pts all together.

HQ command is assaulty.
took your advice on the vox casters , vet sgts,plasma guns.Hope I fixed it right.
C&C are welcome,thank you for reading this.

In the future use the 'Modify' function to add new material to a post that has not been replied to.  Thanks.
~Nubis
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 06:11:34 PM by Nubis »