News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000 point Khorne army  (Read 3344 times)

Offline SparqMan

• Pimpmaster General
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Read the Codex.
    • The Daily Jolt
1000 point Khorne army
« on: July 14, 2002, 04:24:23 PM »
Hi there. I'm playing a fellow on Friday who only has 1000 points worth of Tau to field, and so I must draw up a 1000 point army to fight him.

I think that it might be foolish of me to field under the World Eaters' rules, because I would not be able to take my Raptor squad (with a potential for 3 plasma pistols and 1 plasma gun...yikes!), which would be very handy for tying down any back-field heavy support that he may have, as well as summoning daemons off.

At any rate, here's what I have...and I'd appreciate your recommendations for an army (and as a note: I have NO idea what his army will look like):
-several different lord models
-5 man Raptor squad (haven't bought the last 3 yet)
-1 weapons dreadnought, 1 CCW dreadnought
-8 bloodletters
-5 obliterators (that could be used to proxie a Havocs)
-my Bloodthirster (but this may be too small a game for him)
-tons of Berzerkers...too many to even field (so I could use some as CSM with bp/ccw)
-only two Rhinos (two more are waiting to be assembled/painted)
-1 Land Raider
-1 Land Raider VDR (too expensive to field here)
-1 Predator
-15 or 16 Terminators

So give me your ideas for a an effective and efficient 1000 point army for fighting the Tau!

Offline JiMInY

• What big teeth I have
Re:1000 point Khorne army
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2002, 04:09:03 PM »
Well, one thing will be certain, they'll suck at H2H. One thing, dont take too much heavy support, just use havocs and spend the other points on men and daemons, use rhino's ans use lots and lots of cover, then just run ur army over da table as normal, dont worry if 2 or 3 of ur squads gets shot down, tau have to stop shooting sometime dont they?
consume the magical plant

Master Archon

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2002, 04:59:35 PM »
Yeah I would take a Lord in Terminator armour so he can deep strike and then as many Bezerkers as you can in Rhino's with some Havocs for some fire support.

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2002, 07:33:48 PM »
Personally I would go for a Lord in regular power armor and just load and loads of Berserkers in rhinoes. You should be able to fit in 30 zerkers with plasma pistols in 3-4 rhinos and still have a few points to spare.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline Helmed Horror

• Let the sunshine In!
  • It appears I can't escape
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2002, 11:54:51 PM »
That would be good if most of them got into combat. If you don't know what he is going to take I would suggest against taking so many.
Formerly Dark Sun, a long time ago.

Offline SparqMan

• Pimpmaster General
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Read the Codex.
    • The Daily Jolt
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2002, 12:12:40 AM »
I now know that he is taking two units of Fire Warriors (unknown how many in each unit...probably 10, I'd imagine), one Kroot squad (again, of unknown size), a Broadside, Hammerhead, a Crisis Suit team (no clue how many), and Aun'Shi (which he'll use as an Ethereal because I won't allow him to field a special character in a 1000 pt. game).

So seeing that...any new ideas? I'm not familiar with good anti-Tau tactics.

Offline Lord Argroth

• Death to the withered old man on the golden toilet
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2002, 03:51:21 PM »
I would drop the Bloodletters. I know they're the Khorne demons but they really do suck. I used them properly and dropped them near the opponent but they just couldn't handle them. They were destroyed. The Bezerkers are a good idea because they just kick ass. I would go with 10 Raptors because I just love them. Assault type minis (ie anything with a jump-pack or similar) rule because they can get in so fast and use the full 10 man squad with CC+BP to great effect. Load up on Rhinos but that does limit your ability to buy huge squads somewhat and against Tau, you're gonna take some major losses. Either 10 man squads in Rhinos or as big as you can get on foot. Bloodthirster is amazing thanks to it's wings. Load up on Aspiring Champions so you stand a better chance of getting him on the table. Leave the heavy stuff like Obliterators and Land Raiders at home because they will be targets. Think about it, a heavy weapon can take out a 220 point tank per turn or a 15 point trooper every turn. Which one you gonna ga for? Take the Predator for a bit of target practice for the Tau heavy stuff and maybe if you get first turn you can cause some damage with it. Take lots of Terminators because in assault they're gonna own the Tau. Job done  :P
Death to the enemies of Lord Argroth!

Think you can beat the name Lord Argroth?Then please send me a Personal Message with a cool name for a Khorne Lord but one which also fits in with normal Black Legion armies PLEASE!

Yeah but Slaanesh followers aren't real men. I mean who would walk around threatening people with a speaker and a siren? ;)
Quoted from Silverthorn

Offline SparqMan

• Pimpmaster General
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Read the Codex.
    • The Daily Jolt
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2002, 04:43:36 PM »
Thanks for the input, Bogart, but as a Champion of Khorne I would never insult the Blood God by taking units in the blasphemous number of ten. Units if 8 or 16 Berzerkers are acceptable, not 10. Also, in a 1000 point game, I don't think that taking a unit of Termies is going to be wise.

Offline Scars

• Warning: He bites
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
    • Progressive Labour Party
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2002, 10:13:35 AM »
against tau- lotsa bezerkers in transports. The termies will get shot to bits if put in  a large squad but if they use the land raider they are just a huge target! I say swamp them with masses of plain old bezerkers with a tooled up lord. Can the obliterators. they rae too expensive and aganiist tau will get shot to hell. the bloodthirster should be in just for the pure joy of getting to hack through the wimpy tau in glorious close combat! take the bloodletters, that is a must. the fact that they have the ability to stop a squad shooting for 1 or more turns is vital, even if they do end up being sacrifical lambs. Dont take the dread as it will get killed early on too. just scream BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR HIS THRONE! and everything will be allright- i promise (this coming from a disciple of nurgle  ;))
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Offline SparqMan

• Pimpmaster General
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Read the Codex.
    • The Daily Jolt
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2002, 01:21:27 AM »
After battle report: Brilliant! The game could not have gone better. I fielded two units of 'zerks in Rhinos (no aspiring champs, too expensive), one unit of 5 Raptors (with an AC...three plasma pistols and one plasma gun), a Lord and 4 Terminators (I know, it's away from Khorne's holy number of 8, but it's all I could afford!).

I didn't keep track of the details, but I only lost about 9 or 10 Berzerkers, while he was totally obliterated by the first half of the fifth turn (before the six turn Rescue mission was over).

His Kroot and Fire Caste Warriors melted like butter beneath my Berzerkers. His Crisis Suits and Leader fell to the raptors (later helped by the Berzerkers). The small Termie team with the Lord wiped out the Hammerheard, a whole unit of FCWs and the Broadside.

The game went very well.