News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Bullgryn Tactics  (Read 2360 times)

Offline cadianshock

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Bullgryn Tactics
« on: June 27, 2017, 12:52:35 PM »
I tried to write up a fairly comprehensive article on Bullgryns for 8th edition.

Have you played Bullgryns yet in 8th? How did they do?

Welcome to 40K Online.  I'm afraid that the link has been removed on the grounds that it breaches forum rules 1 and 6.  You are welcome to share your tactics and ideas here, however, any discussion must avoid posting copyrighted material, such as units statistics, and advertising other sites.  This topic can be used to discuss how to use this unit in the meantime - Iris.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 01:22:17 PM by Irisado »

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Re: Bullgryn Tactics
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 02:37:22 PM »
Bullgryns look pretty great.

Mauls + Slabshield looks the most appealing to me. The boosted armor save is as good or better against everything but AP -3 weapons, and even then it isn't terrible.

I would have wished they wound up with 4 wounds, but there isn't much to complain about for the price. They're an excellent counter-charge unit.

Offline cadianshock

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 03:32:33 PM »
That is a good point regarding wounds. Nearly everything got a boost in wounds. Even Commissars. But Bullgryns and Ogryns stayed the same :-(

And yes, I think the Bullgryn Maul and the 2+ save is the best  combo!

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 04:02:20 PM »
That is a good point regarding wounds. Nearly everything got a boost in wounds. Even Commissars. But Bullgryns and Ogryns stayed the same :-(

It's the case with a couple 3-wound bruiser units, I think. Same thing happened to Bloodcrushers and Tyranid Warriors.

Anyway, I don't think these guys require a great deal of finesse to use--stick them where you think a countercharge will become important (near an objective or near some key units) and wait for the enemy to come close. Then, whammo!

Also important to remember that they have Frag Bombs even without the Grenadier Gauntlet, which gives them a modest shooting attack. Indeed, in general I've been finding grenades to be a nice firepower boost to most units--definitely an upgrade over the old small blast template.

Offline cadianshock

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 01:45:00 PM »
Thanks for the input. I will update the article!

Frag bombs is a great point to remember.