News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tournament List; 1850 Tyranids  (Read 1120 times)

Offline trolloc

Tournament List; 1850 Tyranids
« on: October 26, 2009, 07:20:46 PM »
Hello! This would be my first time creating a list this large for Tyranids, and my first time ever making a tournament ready army list.

HQ

Broodlord: FeedTen, ExCar, Toxinsac
Retinue: 5 Genestealer; ExCar, Sytal

Elite

4 Warriors: 3*Dspitter 1*BStrangler, 4*Scytal; EnSense, Toxinsac, ExCar
4 Warriors: 3*Dspitter 1*BStrangler, 4*Scytal; EnSense, Toxinsac, ExCar

Troops

24 Gaunts: Fleshborer
24 Gaunts: Fleshborer
24 Hormogaunts
11 Genestealers: Sytal, ExCar

Fast Attack

3 Raveners: 2*Sytal

Heavy Support

Carnifex: 2*Sytal, MaceT, Tusks, Toxinsac, ExCar, BondEx, FH, AdGland(WS)
Carnifex: BStrangler, VCannon, EnSense, ExCar, BondEx
Zoanthrope: Synapse, WBlast

TOTAL: 1850
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I figured that this way, I have a nice three-pronged attack option. One prong consists of the fast attackers (Raveners, Genestealers, Hormogaunts), another of the ranged attackers (Gaunts, Warriors, Carnifex #2), and a third of the remainder (Gaunts, Zoanthrope, Warriors). Furthermore, the Broodlord is held in reserve and will outflank on one of the table edges near the enemy. Is there anything that needs work or needs to be changed? Is the entire list defunct? Any commentary (constructive, I hope) is welcome.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 09:46:25 PM by trolloc »

Offline HiveFleetEzekial

Re: Tournament List; 1850 Tyranids
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 09:30:50 PM »
What is the second weapon on all of those warriors?  Out of the 4 in each brood, you only have 4 weapons listed. They *must* have a total of 8, two each.

Offline trolloc

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 09:45:38 PM »
Ah!  Sorry about that, I forgot to add it in.  Each warrior also has a set of scything talons.

Offline Lottis215

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 10:13:50 PM »
The idea behind each one of your units is valid, there are just a few un-needed upgrades.

Moving down the line...

Drop the extended carapace on the genestealer retinue and use cover...this is the only advice that I would deem situational.

Drop extended carapace and enhanced senses from both warrior squads.  You have plenty of gaunts to screen them and one inch does not make a huge difference during a scatter.

Change the two gaunt broods to 3 broods with Without Number.

Give the Hormagants +S.

Drop extended carapace on genestealers...agai n plenty of screening units.

CC fex can due without mace tail, +S, and flesh hooks.  I also prefer +T over +Sv

I do not know what you own so I wont recommend what to add with the freed up points.  Feeder tendril or flesh hooks would be good for stealers.

Good luck at the tourney!

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 11:36:02 PM »
CC fex can due without mace tail, +S, and flesh hooks.  I also prefer +T over +Sv

Somewhat hilariously, +1 Wound is actually better than both of those, in particular because it's cheaper and at the same time the most effective, so disregard this and take Reinforced Chitin instead.
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline shaten

• The Swarm grows
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 08:58:04 AM »

Somewhat hilariously, +1 Wound is actually better than both of those, in particular because it's cheaper and at the same time the most effective, so disregard this and take Reinforced Chitin instead.
'
I disagree +T solves a lot more issues.
- Lasguns firing in mass.
- Hot shot las guns
- lowers the ability for plasma to wound by 16%
- lowers the ability for melt to wound by 16%

Its a gift that keeps working, I would say wounds are #2 to it though (in the context of this posting).
Some seem to believe that we should negotiate with the terrorists and radicals, as if some ingenious argument will persuade them they have been wrong all along.

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 01:41:36 PM »

'
I disagree +T solves a lot more issues.
- Lasguns firing in mass.
- Hot shot las guns
- lowers the ability for plasma to wound by 16%
- lowers the ability for melt to wound by 16%

Its a gift that keeps working, I would say wounds are #2 to it though (in the context of this posting).

+1 Wound is, when in Synapse, the only survivability upgrade that cannot be circumvented in any way. Being immune to lasguns is all well and good, but most Imperial Guard players are unlikely to rely on that to kill a Carnifex anyway, and Imperial Guard are not the only Tournament army. And once again; it's the cheapest one. Don't get me wrong, I love Bonded Exoskeleton, but in terms of efficiency, Reinforced Chitin is just plain better
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline Lottis215

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 03:16:24 PM »
+W is far superior than either of the other survivability upgrades. (+T, +Sv)  I had thought that it was already included in the list or I would have mentioned it.

I am not good at recognizing the upgrades by there names...that is why I write them how I do.  +W should be the #1 choice for sure.

In a game over 1500pts I will always take the +T over +Sv because of the prevalence of meltaguns and power fists.

Sure you are immune to lasguns, non-charging orcs, howling banshees, but the true benefit is being harder to wound by 90% of the weapons you will be targeted by.

Everything is conditional though...if you play in an area where everyone uses missile launchers then, by all means, take the +Sv
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 03:23:01 PM by Lottis215 »

Offline trolloc

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 05:20:29 PM »
...dang.  I thought that I had already added the +W.  That, combined with the other advice here, means that  slight shuffling of points is in order.

Thanks for the help so far!