News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Curious About Members' Religions  (Read 15317 times)

Offline Battle Armour

• smoke dat kush
    • The Numa Numa song!!!
Re: Curious About Members' Religions
« Reply #340 on: July 7, 2005, 12:25:26 AM »
Roman Catholic.
mmmmm canEHdian bacon
"Any society willing to trade a little freedom for a little security deserves neither and will lose both."
besides, it makes asking for pink sound a little more macho if its called 'Tentical Pink' 8)

It's Testicle Pink you fool!!!

Offline Charon

• Where's my coin mortal?
« Reply #341 on: July 18, 2005, 03:12:10 AM »
I never intended to cause offence, if I did so my apologies.  :(

I was on holiday for a week, so I'm glad to see I didn't miss too much.

I am not here to defend or debate my religious belief's to you or anyone else. I only chimed in on this thread to point out some misconceptions about Islam. I can continue to do this all day and night, because it is obvious to me that you know little about it, but I am not going to. This is the forum I come to to talk about Warhammer, not about religion.

This is the last post I am making in this thread. I will leave you with Surah 109:

"Say : O ye that reject Faith! I worship not that which ye worship, nor will ye worship that which I worship. And I will not worship that which ye have been wont to worship, nor will ye worship that which I worship. To you be your Way, and to me mine."

History is flexible and open to interpretation, it should always be viewed and used for your own interpretations, never as the word of law.
History by all means and purposes is written by the victor.
Therefore it's flawed.

My interpretation of all the books, documentaries and debates I have read, seen and had is that Islam is no more special then any other religion.
Please don't just shrug people's comments off as 'it's obvious you know little about it' in a discussions that's bad form and shows unwillingness to accept that there are different points of view in our world.

I did not intend to specifically attack Islam and I wish you well with your 40K threads.

@Scars
So, the Koran hasn't changed, but Islam as a practiced Religion has. The principles of Islam haven't changed, but there is now many interpretations of how those principles should be implemented and what they really mean ranging from the ultra conservative to the ultra liberal.

My point exactly and not just valid for Islam, but any religion.
If you can change the way you interpret and implement a religion it detracts from it, doesn't it?
Basically showing that it cannot be the word of a specific god/goddess, because should the word of God ever be doubted or changed?
I could just be that I'm completely wrong, but I think that makes believers that interpret their religion in a certain way which it might not originally been intended to be interpreted like, unworthy and worse than an atheist like me.

"I would rather excel others in the knowledge of what is
excellent than in the extent of my powers and dominion"
                  - Alexander the Great -

Offline niksko

• I also love FFX!!
« Reply #342 on: July 18, 2005, 05:34:58 AM »
I'm and atheist. Dont believe that any of that sort of stuff about miracles and the like and i never have. It's just a whole lot of crap if u ask me. But if you believe in it them i have nothing against you. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, plus i also realise it is impossible to sway you religious types.

~Nik~
I had to change my sig, so this message will remain here until i can think of some witty comment or phrase. :)