News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2k deepstrike devastation list need help  (Read 1447 times)

Offline BoyWonder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
2k deepstrike devastation list need help
« on: February 27, 2012, 08:00:32 PM »
This is my first attempt at making a deepstrike nids list, let me know what you think
1 hive tyrant w/hive commander/heavy venom cannon/wings/bones word and lashwhip/leech essence/paroxsym/
1 prime w/devourer/bonesword and lash whip/regeneration/adrenal glands/
2x20 termagants w/devourers/mycetic spores/6 tyranid warriors w/devourers/adrenal glands/boneswords/mycetic spores/
20 gargoyles w/adrenal glands/toxin sacs/
1 trygon prime
2 trygon

I know I lack ranged armour penetration, but with 3 trygons I think I can get by perhaps.

Offline GaleRazorwind

• Hormagaunt
  • Ziltoid Lives!
  • Armies: Nids, BA, CSM
Re: 2k deepstrike devastation list need help
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 08:23:11 PM »
You know Primes are retarded and don't know how to ride in Mycetic Spores, right? Be sure to read the Tyranid FAQ closely.

Your Trygons are begging to have Adrenal Glands. AG should be considered standard equipment for Trygons unless there is absolutely no way to free up the points for it. Being I5 on the charge is absolutely huge, since it means you go before most of your prime targets, and the S7 can be very helpful when you are going after vehicles.

I would probably drop the Gargoyles in favor of some Zoanthropes in a Mycetic Spore. They help a lot for dealing with those pesky AV14 vehicles and would keep with your DS only theme. Besides, 20 models is a very huge blob of bugs that would be extremely risky to DS with. Keep in mind that they don't have scatter correction, and if they mishap, you could easily lose a good chunk of your army, and we need every last bit we can have.
Ziltoid is so omniscient, if there were to be two omnisciences, he would be both!

Offline Leocuta

• Ork Boy
  • WARNING:Cookies Disabled! They have been eaten!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 05:08:34 AM »
I made a deepstriking list, and I tried to cover the basics. There are alot of Rippers....

Parasite of Mortrex 160

2 Hive Guard 100
1 Venomthrope w/ Mycetic Spore 95
1 Zoanthrope 60
9 Ripper Swarms w/ Toxic Sacs and Tunnel Swarm 144

Trygon Prime 240
Trygon Prime 240
Trygon Prime 240

Not everything can deep strike in this list but it can distract you opponent for a turn. Try to get the first turn as then you can get behind some cover before you can be shot at.

Parasite of Mortrex:
This is primarily there to increase the number of Rippers so keep it safe! It can fend for itself so you shouldn't have to worry that much. Try to have it with/near the Hive Guard.

Hive Guard:
Protect the Parasite and others...

Venomthrope:
Deep Strike and provide cover saves for the Rippers

Zoanthrope:
There to fight AV14 as you will probably see that at 2000.

Rippers:
Just Funny...162 wounds...

Trygons:
Light Armoured Vehicles and tough troops.
If you fail, try, try again, if you still fail, try something else.

Offline BoyWonder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 08:29:24 PM »
I was told to put the warriors and the prime on the table and outflank them using hive commander that might work very well.
1 hive tyrant w/wings/2 tl devourers/old adversary/hive commander/leech essence/paroxsym/
3 zoanthropes w/mycetic spore/
2x20 termagants w/devourers/mycetic spore/
2x15 gargoyles
5 raveners w/rendering claws/
3 trygons w/adrenal glands/
« Last Edit: March 1, 2012, 12:00:06 AM by BoyWonder »

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #4 on: March 1, 2012, 09:32:30 AM »
@Leocuta - that list is hilarious, the look on your opponents' faces when you get the models out must be priceless! Is it effective or more of a 'fun' list? I have this idea that it might actually work really well because people don't know how to deal with that many Rippers appearing all around them...
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline Anglachel

• The only possible war is gaming
« Reply #5 on: April 2, 2012, 03:16:14 PM »
Quote : "I was told to put the warriors and the prime on the table and outflank them using hive commander that might work very well."

Think they didn't advise you very well because if you join the Prime with the Warriors they cannot outflank. Only 1 Troop Unit can outflank, I think that is 1HQ+1Troop... :-\