News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Mutation Table  (Read 1815 times)

Offline linkinpark

• I'm a llama!
Mutation Table
« on: September 2, 2002, 12:23:16 AM »
In the back of the Codex in the mutation table for certain species they list some stats as (for example, under the Warrior's Strength) S4/S5. In the normal entry for the Warrior it lists its S as 5. Why do they do that? They only do that for some stats. Also, can you still give a Warrior a Toxin Sac?

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient
Re:Mutation Table
« Reply #1 on: September 2, 2002, 05:13:39 AM »
These tables are correct. The warriors in the army list are a mutated species, they are not the basic warrior profile. E.g. termagants are pre-modified too. If you create your own species of 'nids you use the very basic profile of a subspecies, in this case the warriors are S4, but cheaper. If you do not want them to be S5 for any reason, then you do not need to spent the points of this upgrade on them, as it already happened with the warriors in the army list.

jwu

Offline Hivemind

« Reply #2 on: September 3, 2002, 10:32:18 AM »
Archon Astaroth is correct.  If you take the basic 14pt warrior in the back of the book and give it +1 to S, WS, BS, and I it will cost 22 pts and have identical stats as the army list warrior.  

The species creation rules are to save points on stat upgrades that you don't need.  For example I made a venom cannon warrior brood as a heavy support choice.  I gave them +1 to S and BS, but not WS or I.  They should never get into assault so I decided not to spend extra points on stats that would only be useful in assault.
The Tyranids are the most rapidly evolving race in the galaxy.  They are super-predators destined to hunt all others to extinction.

Offline linkinpark

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: September 4, 2002, 12:06:07 AM »
So you can't give a Warrior a toxin sac then, right? And, if you want to use Warriors as a Heavy Support, can they all have heavy weapons?

Offline jasper

• if you dont know, i cant tell you
« Reply #4 on: September 4, 2002, 05:12:04 PM »
you can give them a sac but it will give them s5 not s6...4 is their base and the sac adds one...the warriors in army list already have it....as far as i know you can give them all heavy weapons, it just makes them a heavy brood....

Offline joj

• darkness shall prevail
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2002, 02:19:23 PM »
you can have h.veapons in your warrior brood and if it is 2 or more it counts as a HQ or a h.support.
a warrior cannot have a S of 6
Cruelty, death and missery are my name.

Offline Andie

• Two, one, one, two.
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2002, 09:21:59 PM »
I always thought that they; could only count as Elites or HQ nothin else. And so when you give a tyranid warrior a venom cannon it uses S4 or 5?