News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Simple and Effective list 2000 Pts  (Read 2120 times)

Offline AndreSTL

• Armies: GOFFS! BAD MOONZ! Tallarn/Cadian IG, White Scars
Simple and Effective list 2000 Pts
« on: February 4, 2016, 02:44:33 PM »
KISS Ork Green Tide

1999 Pts of Keep It Simple Stupid

This formation is from WAAAGGH Ghazskulls supplement.

Green tide

Warboss (EA, PK, Big Bosspole) – (109)

Boyz Mob
20 Slugga Boys + PK Nob – (161)

Boyz Mob

Boyz Mob
19 Slugga Boys + PK Nob – (155)

Boyz Mob

Boyz Mob

Boyz Mob

Boyz Mob

Boyz Mob

Boyz Mob

Boyz Mob

Ork Allied detachement

Weirdboy (75)

Mad Dok (180)

Gretchin Mob
11 Grots + Runtherd (38)

Gretchin Mob
10 Grots + Runtherd (35)

Strength and effectiveness in simplicity!

Yup, thats 202 Boyz, and Nobz!  :o

The Weird boy and Mad Dok will join the green tide. Feel no pain and possible “Iron Arm”??? yes please! The Mad Dok also provides a backup Fearless rule in case the Warboss is slain in a challenge! Plus he's one Bad Motha @#*%$^!

I know a lot of you will have issues with this list and I am aware of its shortcomings. Flyers and Objectives to start!
I ignore flyers! As any self-respecting stuck in Ork would! (they just don’t get distracted from those noisy things up there! And I’ve yet to see a tournament list that brings enough flyers to actually hurt enough!)

As for objectives, that’s what the Gretchin are for, at least for a little while. I plan on taking them in reserve and sitting them on my objectives in my deployment zone. The green tide is more of an objective denier that holder!

And I have it all painted up!

It’s a fluffy list, I’ve always done well with it. But one thing is for certain; me and my opponent ALWAYS have fun with it! ;D

Let me know how much you hate/love it!
Doesn't Ally well with others...

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Re: Simple and Effective list 2000 Pts
« Reply #1 on: February 4, 2016, 04:41:01 PM »
Small quibble: the second detachment is a CAD, not an allied (you can't have an allied detachment from the same faction).

As for efficacy, I can't say. It's going to be hard to fit all those boys into a deployment zone without bunching. Blast weapons will have a field day.

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #2 on: February 4, 2016, 10:42:20 PM »
Interesting list. I've always been a fan of green tide armies. I might make a suggestion or two though. Flooding the field with power klaws might seem a good idea, but you've essentially nerfed all your characters to hit last and in many cases the klaw will not be necessary. If you find yourself in a hand-to-hand fight, normally the sheer number of attacks your mobs are providing, negate the need for power weapons. They are only truly necessary against vehicle armour or extremely high toughness. You've spent almost 15% of your army just on those upgrades that could be better spent elsewhere. I would highly recommend taking power klaws, but I'd replace half the nobs PKs with big choppas. I would also give your warboss a big choppa. With his strength, he will hit high enough that a power klaw wouldn't be necessary and in a challenge, you want him to be able to ace a power fist marine before he has a chance to hit back. That would save you 120 points, which is enough for a dakkajet or 4 deffkoptas/buggies or 6 mek gunz etc... That would give you a lot of needed fire support for your troops.

As for the second CAD, you only really need it if your are taking it as a supporting army for your green tide. Instead of Mad Doc and a weirdboy, two pain boyz would most certainly help out the tide. You could actually add two CADs with x2 painboyz and x2 grots for almost the same points. Having four painboyz each in a 20 boyz strong unit would put fear in your enemies eyes.

Just some notes from my experience. I'd also double check the points on your CAD, I think you overcharged yourself on a few things.  ;)

Offline AndreSTL

« Reply #3 on: February 5, 2016, 08:18:45 AM »
Wyddr,

Yeah my bad. I usually dont take any allies or CAD. Easy to mix up but it makes a big difference!
As for deployment, its tough but doable. There will be some initial butt hurt if I dont get turn one, but I`m fine with that! My opponents usually remark at(or perhaps disdane) how well I space out my boyz!!!

dog_of_war,

You're absolutely right about the Klaws and I will make that change to take 5 Big Choppas(saving 100 points!)

As for my Warboss, he cant sleep at night if he doesnt have the biggest smashiest weapon out there! (plus I like WYSIWYG) His initiative isn't high enough to warrant the nerf in Strength, IMHO.

The reason behind the CAD is to legally add to the Green tide! If I add Mad Dok he provides an additional fearless, plus feel no pain, and another handy Klaw! and the Weirdboy has that iron arm potential. Feilding 4 more units of boys will, without a doubt, get jumbled up and very confusing! Although I like the potential for more board control and objective grabbing! I am willing, however, to save some points for Mad Dok on a regular Painboy.

Total savings 235 (with additional points for the CAD mixup)

Now to brainstorm on the best way to use these points! (perhaps I have to get painting more boys!)

New list to follow!

As always thanks for the advice!

Cheers!

Andre

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #4 on: February 5, 2016, 03:17:55 PM »
I thought taking the grots in the CAD was a splendid idea and wouldn't suggest taking more boyz. They can stay in reserve or just camp on objectives. My thoughts were to use the CAD to add more hqs, as you did and maybe some supporting units by unlocking fast attack and heavy slots for you.

Be careful with the pk warboss because he is going to be priority number one and he'll have to fend off a lot of challenges. One thing I've run in the past is multiple CADs with multiple warbosses. Take two warbosses each with a big choppa with two twenty man boyz units with pk nobs and repeat. It will run similarly to what you posted but each mob has its very own warboss. Giving all you tide not only a great champion for challenges, but excellent leadership.

Offline AndreSTL

« Reply #5 on: February 6, 2016, 02:39:05 PM »
New updated list with most criticisms in mind!

Things of note
- I've added another Warboss, given them both Big Choppas.
- taken out Mad Dok and put a simple Pain boy in his place
- given half the Nobs Big Choppas
- added a unit of Deffcoptas
- I am using the supplement for the main bulk and codex for the CAD

KISS Ork Green Tide

2000 Pts of Keep It Simple Stupid

Green tide

Warboss (EA, BC, Big Bosspole) – (94)

Boyz Mob

Boyz Mob

Boyz Mob

Boyz Mob

Boyz Mob

Boyz Mob
20 Slugga Boys + BC Nob – (141)

Boyz Mob
20 Slugga Boys + BC Nob – (141)

Boyz Mob
19 Slugga Boys + BC Nob – (135)

Boyz Mob

Boyz Mob

Ork Allied detachement

Warboss (EA, BC, Da Lucky Stick, BP) - (99)

Weirdboy - (70)

Pain boy (1 Grot orderly) - (55)

Gretchin Mob
10 Grots + Runtherd - (35)

Gretchin Mob
10 Grots + Runtherd - (35)

4 Deffcoptas - (120)

Still, Strength and effectiveness in simplicity!

The mob remains mostly the same, but I think becomes more effective!

The plan is to join everyone to the green tide. Gretchin to come in from reserve to hold objectives, the Deffcoptas from reserve to kill campers! (Wyverns, Whirlwinds and such!)

Again, anything you see that should be tweeked, please feel free to lemme know!!!

Cheers!

Andre

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #6 on: February 6, 2016, 07:21:56 PM »
Can only have two hqs in the CAD unfortunately, unless you're doing the ork horde detachment, but you need three troops to use that detachment. :(

I'd drop the weirdboy myself, but that's a personal choice.

Divide the koptas into the three fast attack slots. Makes targeting them a pain in the butt. I'd also throw a buzzsaw or two on them with the points you'd save from the third hq.

Offline AndreSTL

« Reply #7 on: February 6, 2016, 11:42:35 PM »
Foiled again!  Good find!
In that case I will reduce the horde by six boys and add an additional Grot mob. I will also divide the coptas up as you said. Great idea by the way! ( I'm used to having not enough FA slots)
I will keep the weird boy for the chance at getting iron arm. Foolish perhaps. Dangerous maybe. Buts that's what makes me foolish and dangerous!

Thanks again dog_of_war!!!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 09:50:48 AM »
I have read the lists and just don't see any trucks  :o

A complete lack of red paint, and loud engine noise things seems to indicate that this might not be a speed freak list,  ???

Other than that it looks like a great list. I would hate to have to face it. I have run a green tide list before and it does indeed cause great satisfaction when your opponent says something to the effect of "I can't kill all that".

The coptas make for great support weapon killing, start them in reserve and outflank with them. Keeps your opponent from trying to hide everything in the back field, and when he does he only gets to use them for two or three turns before the coptas neuter them.

So, if you do play this list I would love to see a batrep (with pictures) to see that many orks on the table would be a hoot.

Good stuff and now go do more good stuff... :)
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline davethemadorctwo

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 05:39:52 PM »
"I have read the lists and just don't see any trucks 

A complete lack of red paint, and loud engine noise things seems to indicate that this might not be a speed freak list,  "

pmsl.

my two teef.

19/20 boys - poor armour save - difficult to get better than 5+ cover - no fnp >>  5 die >> morale fail

i get that its 'mob rush' not trukk rush ! - but at least take 21 !  and why sluggas ??? do you only fight imperial guard ??? [yes you could outshoot them !]  orkz like to choppy chopp ...  four attacks at a 50% better skill level - its a no brainer ??

and not sure if the supplement permits it - but 'mini-meks' - fifteen points ! absorb that challenge against your fist-nobz - main dex lets you have one per hq choice

and warbosses dont waddle - they need big beefy motorbikes - best with three or four wheels so they dont fall over whilst using that big powerfist ! 

Offline AndreSTL

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 12:15:17 AM »
Yes a severe lack of speed!

Davethemadorctwo,

Not sure you get that that's one unit of 200+ boys. I don't care if a bunch die! Lol they're going to crush when they assault!
As for the whole why no shootas? Well they'll be running everyturn and waaaagghing every turn. So no need for shooty bits! And if some one wants to assaul me then let em! Over watch isn't as important in this list! Lol
They're also fearless and all have fnp..... So I'm not sure you read the last list.
The warboss is not permitted to take a ride in this formation.  And he MUST always issue and accept challenges when able. So there's no getting around it!!
Also their weapon skill will be improved by one aswell with some trickery. So it's pretty good odds.
I know that the 7th Ed is all about shooting. But I prefer to swim against the current! Lol

Post Merge: February 11, 2016, 12:58:02 AM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

I'll be play testing it soon against the guard or tau. I'll try to set up a bat rep for you with some pics! 
Cheers!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 12:58:02 AM by AndreSTL »