News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000pts GK for tomorrow afternoon  (Read 1750 times)

Offline Evolutionary Fault

• You're never too old to play with toys!
1000pts GK for tomorrow afternoon
« on: September 16, 2012, 01:46:26 AM »
I ran into a bunch of cheap IG figs recently, and got about a dozen GK figs i've been running as allies; but I really wanted to try a 'pure' gk list.  Actually, I just mean using the one codex.  anyway, my Roommate is game for a 1k throwdown tomorrow afternoon.  He'll be bringing DE with CWE allies.  I'm expecting wyches/raiders, jetbikes/farseer, some pathfinders, and maybe some kind of ravager/razorwing.

Pardon the less the ideal weapons options on the GKSS; It's what the models have (yay for metal!).

OM Inq/ TDA, Psycannon, Psyker/Divination

5 GK terminators/ 3xNFH, 2xNFS, Psycannon, Psybolts

6x GKSS/ 2xNFH, 2xNFS, Psycannon, Justicar/NFH, Psybolts

Dreadknight/ Heavy incin

Dreadnought/2xTLAC, Psybolts

Total - 815pts

To make 1k I either add:

Vindicare assassin and 2 more GKSS(w\ NFS) to the strike squad (1000pts total)
or
Inq Henchmen 2 Jokaero, 8 Acolytes/Stormbolters, and a servo skull for the Inquisitor  (1000pts total)
^Chimera/ML,HB, Searchlight
or
Techmarine/Conversion Beamer and grab Justicar Thrawn for the termies. (1000pts total)

I also considered dropping out the conversion beamer for rad 'nades and a NFH to act as a charge deterrance for one of my squads.

Either way the list will play the same, castle the OM Inq, GKSS, Dread, and DK, and use GKT as a wild card.  my first two point filler options add a flank unit, and the third buffs the castle and termies.  I'm leaning towards the assassin, with the henchmen as a close second, right now...

Any thoughts?  I know it's really light on figs, but I'm trying to stay away from proxying.  I guess that since there's not a lot I can do with the list, I'm looking for any kind of advice...  any tips from the veterans?
Join the BYB movement!!!
Change the world.

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
Re: 1000pts GK for tomorrow afternoon
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 03:39:27 AM »
I vote for the jokero and henchmen, good anti-tank and anti infantry plus lots of bodies.

Offline Embolden

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 04:41:37 AM »
Personally, another 4 strikes and a psycannon wouldn't go a miss, you can combat squad in the objective missions and will give you more tactical options over adding more of the same.

Offline DCKeith

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 09:15:00 AM »
There is one upgrade on the Dk I always take and that is the personal teleporter.  If you could tell us a little bit more about what you were limited to we could offer some other suggestions.

Out of your options None of them are Ideal but I would go for the Assassin.

Offline Evolutionary Fault

• You're never too old to play with toys!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 02:06:08 PM »
As far as GK, I have the Inq, 5 termies (as detailed), 6 PAGK (1 HW, 3 NFH, 2NFS), Dread, and DK.  I'm blown away that that's enough to make points (coming from IG this is a bruatlly low model count).

I think I'm going to go for the assassin (proxied scout).  I should be setting up here in about an hour, I'll let you know how she goes.

I wanted to put the PT on the DK, but at this points level I just couldn't justify it; both because of the overall cost of the model, and because I know he's getting shot to death regardless.

Post Merge: September 16, 2012, 08:49:03 PM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

I went for the the Vindicare and 2 GKSS.  DE brought almost exactly as I'd predicted, and I had him tabled by turn 4 (big guns never tire).  I ran the OMI with the GKT, and they did well, but perils of the warp almost cost me my HQ (yet again).  Also, I see what you mean about the Teleporter on the DK, if I hadn't got lucky, he'd have been totally useless.

The Psyfleman was by far the MVP of the game, but that might just be because he was finishing off lots of vehicles...

Anyway; I think I'm going to Kitbash a few more PAGK for my next round, but I'm predicting the army will look like this:

OM Inq/ TDA, Psycannon, Psyker/Divination

5 GK terminators/ 3xNFH, 2xNFS, Psycannon, Psybolts

10x GKSS/ 3xNFH, 2xNFS, 2xPsycannon, Justicar/NFH, Psybolts

Dreadknight/ Heavy incin, Teleporter

Dreadnought/2xTLAC, Psybolts

That leaves me 15pts to play with.  I'd like to try and get the GKSS down to all NFS (except for the justicar), and run a squad of purifers with the NFH bodies, but for now I'm pretty limited.  My other variation of the list involves swapping the DK for a Razorback/TLAC/Psybolts and the vindicare again.

I'm really surprised how well the GK did at this pts level, especially considering I had less figures than fingers/toes.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 08:49:03 PM by Evolutionary Fault »
Join the BYB movement!!!
Change the world.