News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Vilgilus Short Stories.  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Vilgilus Short Stories.
« on: November 27, 2018, 10:25:33 AM »
Leading up to the campaign book, there are fairly short stories being posted about the events on vilgilus. The second was posted today (which is absolutely fantastic). These have the same feel of the malign portants stories (which were phenomenal).

I recommend keeping an eye on these, as they help give glimpses to smaller scale going-ons in the fortyfirst mellenium.

Here is a link to the page for vilgilus, where you can see the stories.

Vigilus - Warhammer Community
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: Vilgilus Short Stories.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 01:44:58 PM »
I've read the first one, but not the second one. I thought the first story was really cool, as I've not read anything about the Genestealer Cult before, so that was a new experience for me. Glad the Genies are finally getting some time in the spotlight ;D.

EDIT: Read the second short story. Felt like someone translated the beginning of a horror film into written form. That's really cool! The forces of chaos are beginning to surface!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 03:20:38 PM by Myen'Tal »
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 04:30:49 PM »
The second story I'd love to see as a short film. Such a fantastic read.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 09:56:03 PM »
The latest Vigilus story came out earlier today. I think it is by far my favorite of all of the released stories so far! I love how this story is written as if it were a super hero comic, and then finished with a heavy spike of that grim darkness in the 41st millennium. Superb story telling ;D.
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

• Ancient
« Reply #4 on: December 1, 2018, 11:32:16 AM »
Agreed! And it's the first teaser for that gunslinger model for the genestealer cults, they leaked a whole back. It's cool to finally hear about what that character might be like.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria