News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: mmmm... Necrons  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Invidious

• Lazerous Penguin
mmmm... Necrons
« on: August 30, 2002, 06:14:15 PM »
Battlereport!  (from what i can rember anyway.)  

Necrons:

Necron Lord.  Warsythe, Gays of Flame, Veil of Darkness, Orb of ressurection.

Troops:  2  squads of 10 necron warriors.  
3 scarab bases

elite:  10 pariahs.  
10 flayed ones.

heavy: 2 heavy destroyers, Monolith, Toumb Spyder (is this Heavy?).

Dark Eldar:

Archon Lord on Skyboard.  Punisher, animus, skyboard, torm helm, drugs, shadow feild.

haemonculus: reaver jetbike, destructor, scissorhands

Troops:

Warriors x20 2 splinter Cannon
Warriors x10 2 Dark Lance
Raiders x10 Splinter Cannon, Blaster, Sybarite with agoniser
Raiders x10 Splinter Cannon, Blaster, Sybarite with Xenospasm

Elite:
10 wyches on a raider.  Wych weapons, succubus with Agoniser and SP.

Fast: 4 hellions, one as Hellion succubus with Punisher and Torm Helm.
4 reaver Jetbikes.  2 with blaster, succubus with power weapon and torm helm.

Heavy:
Ravager DLx3
Talos

Terrain:  One major peice, a Greek-style temple in the centre-left.  very tall wall on the right side (can not be shot through or over, impassable terrain) about 1 and a half feet long.  1 very tall wall on left, 6in long.  

Deployment:

DE

I deployed all 3 of my raiders on the left side.  Hellions squad also on the right side.  The reavers were up the center Squad of 20 warriors on left flank along with the Talos.  Ravager up the center-right and Snipers in the middle .

NECRON

Pariahs on the left side, along with 1 squad of necron warriors, the Toumb Spyder and the Heavy Ds.  Necron Lord/warriors/flayed ones all deployed behind the very tall wall on the right side.  Monolith was behind them.  Scarab swarms were in the middle.

1st Turn:

I won the rolloff and chose first turn.  My drug rolls were as follows: Reavers +1 WS, Hellions +1ws, wyches reroll misses.

I moved all three raiders 24" forward directly at the Pariahs and warriors.  My archon and Hellions managed to take cover from the deadly Monolith by hiding behind the ruined temple.  My Reavers used their turbo booster to bring them near the temple as well, but on the side facing the monolith.  (I wanted to use Destructor on his Necron warriors/flayed ones)  My 20 man warrior squad advanced slowly, and my Talos moved up with them.  The Ravager moved into positon for a good shot at the Scarab swarms.

My shooting was pretty fast,  most everything was out of LOS or had moved to far.  I did manage to kill one Scarab swarm by combined fire of the Ravager and the sniper squad (lots of misses, gah!)

Necrons Turn One:

Flayed ones moved in to cover the Necron lord against the haemonculus and help in hth if need be.  Pariahs moved around so they could take shots at my raiders.  

The monolith fired its energy discharge at the Jetbikes and missed completely.  The Pariahs attempted to down the Wych raider, but miraculously failed to do so.  The Toumb Spyder created a scarb swarm and the Heavy Ds missed my Raiders.  The Necron warriors and Necron Lord concentrated fire on my Jetbikes, not wanting to find out what Destructor was going to do to their armored bodies.  One jetbike was felled.  

DE Turn Two:

I was feeling pretty good about myself at this point, I moved the Wych raider another 12" towards the annoying Heavy Destroyers, and out of the way of the Pariahs.  One Riader squad moved up and between the wyches and paraihs, hoping to screen them from damage if things got messy on his turn.  The other Raider moved twards the other side of the Temple, as at this time I realized that I would need some more help on that side.  The Warriors, Ravager and Talos all advanced 6"  The haemonculi and Jetbikes moved twards the warriors.  My archon moved up so she would be able to assualt the warrior squad next turn, but was still behind the wall giving her cover.

In a rush of glee I unleashed the Destructor on the Necrons, covering 5 warriors and the Necron Lord with the template.  Unfortunatley I failed to wound all but one of the warriors, who was eliminated by the foul acid.  The reaver Blasters did a little better, downing 2 warriors and the Splinter rifles got another one.  The Ravager targeted the Scarab swarms, killing off another base.  The Sniper squad hit the Flayed ones, killing one.  My raider squad with Xenospasm was not in range, but my other raider squad managed to kill two warriors.

The wyches assaulted the Heavy Destroyers, and I had my Jetbikes charge the remaining scarab swarm, not wanting to deal with the mass of Necron shooting that I would see the next turn.  Unfortunately the scarab squarm was destroyed, and I was left out in the open with no place to hide.  The Wyches killed both heavy destroyers in close combat.  and used sweeping advance to charge the Toumb Spyder.

Necrons turn Two

Damage had been done by the Dark Eldar, but the Necrons were in a pretty good positon to cause some damage themselves.  Movement was pretty short, with the Pariahs moving twards my Raider squad (still in the transport).  He was able to resurrect the flayed one and two of the warriors. (despite Dark Lances and Blaster fire, the Orb of Resserection once again proved its worth) but what I really cared about, the Heavy Destroyer, stayed down.  

The Monolith unleashed its full potential on the reaver squad.  It used its gauss flux arc projectors to down a Reaver and deal a wound to the Haemonculus.  The energy discharge killed another two.  The Necron Lord and Warriors finished off the squad.  The Necron Pariahs fired at a Raider (with warriors in it) and destroyed it quickly.  I suffered a painful loss when ALL of the warriors inside were wounded.  Three were saved by their armor, the Sybarite, the Splinter Cannon and the Blaster.   They took cover behind the hulk, and miraculously passed their leadership check, showing their resolouteness.

In close combat my wych succubus blew a hole in the Toumb Spyder, sending it crashing to the ground.  The other wyches had managed to get into base to base contact with the newly created scarab swarm, and finished it off.  They decided to consolidate their position closer to the Necron Pariahs (it was my turn next)  The Pariahs had charged the Wych Raider and destroyed it.

DE Turn Three:

I moved my Archon behind the enemy warriors, as planned, and my wyches to engage the pariahs.  My warriors were on the cusp of getting around the wall and releasing a horde of firepower on the Necron warriors and Flayed ones, but not this turn.  My Talos however, was able to get within 6" of some Necron Warriors.  Yummy.  The last remaining raider squad rushed out to attempt a fire on the Flayed ones with its Xenospasm

The ravager discharged its batteries into the flayed ones, along with the Sniper squad, killing three of the vile warriors.  The Raider squad discharged all of its weapons as well, but only managed  to kill two more.  My dismounted raider squad lined its sites up at the paraiahs and fired, two of them went down.  

My Arhcon and squad charged the Necron warriors on the left flank, and my wyches charged the Pariahs.  I also had my talos charge the necron warriors.  The Arhcon killed four of the Warriors, another three were cut down by the Succubus, and the rest were finished off by the remaining Hellions.  The Archon managed to capture a Necron warrior with her animus vitae.  (and dont give me that no capture crap.  its bull and you know it.)  And she and the squad used sweeping advance into the pariahs.  The wyches killed off three of the pariahs and lost four of their number.   Passing leadership, the combat would continue.  The Talos rolled a 2 for attacks, and managed to down two warriors.

Necron Turn Three:

Not a lot of moving,  most things were in the assault.  but the Flayed ones moved up to engage the Talos.   He wasnt able to ressurect any of the flayed ones.

He smartly chose to teleport his warriors out of close combat with my Talos to his mololiths position.  He fired the gauss flux arc at the talos.  This and warrior fire put the talos down to its last wound.  The Arhcon and Retinue, along with the wyches killed off the last of the Pariahs, without any casualties.  Gotta love Initiatve 7!  he charged into the assault with his flayed ones, Necron Lord, and warriros.  But miraculously failed to wound it!  the talos killed two warriors and a flayed one.  

And thus the battle ended.  The necrons phased out (probably the rule, and also we had time restraits)  But it was over.  The necrons only had the Lord, the Monolith, a few warriors and flayed ones left.  My HQ and Raider squad, along with the 20 warriors would have been there in a turn or two to help out finishing off the remaining Necrons.  

Man do i love necrons.  They come back to life so i can kill them all over again!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2002, 09:54:06 PM by Wasp-58 »
The thing I hate the most about 40K is people who amass the largest possible quantities of their Codex's most powerful unit and then proceed to call it "theme".