News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000 pt Tzeentch Daemons list  (Read 1679 times)

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
1000 pt Tzeentch Daemons list
« on: September 16, 2018, 01:59:23 PM »
So, as it happens, I currently have the models for 3 separate 1k Age of Sigmar armies.

Here's one I put together as a Tzeentch List. I'm a little fuzzy on how all the Allegiance abilities interact (Destiny dice and fate points--can you use both? I thought you only got one Allegiance ability.)

Here's the basics, though:

Gaunt Summoner on Disc

10 Horrors (horn and icon)
10 Horrors (horn and icon)

Burning Chariot
Burning Chariot

3 Screamers

I don't really know which spells to use and I've no idea if this is good or not, but it's what immediately occurred to me.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: 1000 pt Tzeentch Daemons list
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 02:25:53 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean by fate points, but destiny dice are fantastic!

This army doesn't look too bad, I would say drop one of the chariots for more infantry, but that's about it. The gaunt summoner has a fantastic spell on his warscroll.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Wyddr

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 04:16:14 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean by fate points, but destiny dice are fantastic!

There's a mechanic by which you expend points (based on the number of successful casting rolls) to summon additional units.

This army doesn't look too bad, I would say drop one of the chariots for more infantry, but that's about it. The gaunt summoner has a fantastic spell on his warscroll.

I don't think I actually own 10 more Horrors, but maybe I do. I'll have to look.

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 04:40:51 PM »
Ah yes.

Destiny dice and fate are completely different mechanics. They don't interact in any way.

For the infantry part, Infantry are incredibly important in AoS, and armies with small number of elite models often suffer because of that. Objectives are way more important in AoS than 40k, and if you can't hold onto or take objectives, you will struggle.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 08:22:31 PM »
I would think about acquiring some Blue / Brimstone Horrors if you decide to dedicate yourself to Tzeentch Daemons. Seeing as how the Pink Horrors divide into them after they die, and with the expensive points cost of Pink Horrors, that would make them more worth it to bring onto the table.

But for trying out the game, I would take the Squid's advice over mine, I think the list solid for a beginning game or two.

Offline Wyddr

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 09:27:33 AM »
I have about 10 of both Blue and Brimstone Horrors (mostly unpainted). I'll break them out. I had been using them at the tail end of 7th Ed 40K (when they were *ridiculous*), but stopped when the editions changed. Never had enough time to purchase the umpteen billion of them I'd need to fully support a force of 24 Horrors or so.

• Ancient
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 11:21:51 AM »
It's not too bad in AoS, where you don't pay renforment points. But, the splitting works a bit differently now. You either generate fate points, or can do damage in melee, as horrors die.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Wyddr

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 11:27:24 AM »
It's not too bad in AoS, where you don't pay renforment points. But, the splitting works a bit differently now. You either generate fate points, or can do damage in melee, as horrors die.

Yeah, I saw that. But as Myen'Tal says, it seems a better expenditure of points to use the Blue Horrors than gamble on doing mortal wounds. Those Pinks are *expensive* for what you get otherwise.

• Ancient
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 11:33:33 AM »
Anything which can help with summoning got a points increase in generals handbook 2018, but it makes sense when summoning is free.

But yeah, you want the horrors. The mortal wounds could be situationally useful, but the horrors are garbage in combat ha ha.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria