News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Pimp my Raider!!!  (Read 3437 times)

Offline jawmonkey

• My disgust for you is only matched by my rage.
Pimp my Raider!!!
« on: June 2, 2011, 02:21:23 AM »
PIMP MY RAIDER!!! Mods: please feel free to modify the scrolling type above even further, so that it might be ultimately obnoxious!

I've finally finished my "Land Galleon"; a Land Raider for my space pirate army. Throughout this project I began to wonder about the thread's title. I want to see everyone else's personal attempts at "pimping my raider". I'm a fair guy, I would most definitely include DE raiders in this project, or any other suitably huge vehicle (e.g. rhinos and bikes typically wouldn't qualify).

So yeah I present to you the RTV Black Booty, personal Land Galleon of the honourable Captain Juan Aldomiro Cortes de Curacao Negra, leader of the Black Corsairs!

(the Black Booty is a “counts-as Godhammer pattern Land Raider with multi melta, storm bolter, hunter killer missile, and most likely extra armour)

Stern Bow

Starboard side

Port side

Forecastle

Bow Stern

Crow’s nest

Did I mention that the mast can be removed easily for storage? I covered the deck with real non-slip material, like the stuff you would put on a metal step. Please note the shield generator and it’s glow and lightening (spent a lot of time on that part, I’d hate for someone to miss it!).

Drunk Jack, Helmsman extraordinaire!

Max de melta, RAAARGH!!!

Starboard interior

Port interior

engine through the open front ramp

So yeah, remember, vehicle must be thouroughly obnoxious. I'm not talking about an okie-dokie paint job, I mean full conversion, OMFG what did you do?! Sorry, not really a contest or anything, more bragging rights I suppose; so since I've posted the first Pimped-out Raider, I win, right? ;)

Can you pimp? Can you? Or are you one those "I can make a sub-compact look sorta clean" kind've person?
« Last Edit: June 5, 2011, 11:30:45 PM by jawmonkey »
Throwing feces in the eye of insolence.

Check out my terrain tutorial!, New chapter; plasticard watch tower added 11-6-11!

Also,examples of my many armies;  pics of all sorts of huge commissions

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
Re: Pimp my Raider!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 2, 2011, 09:10:53 AM »
That is amazing. I must say it looks like the monkey is doing more steering then drunk Jack is.

Is this a Huron Land Raider then? As it would fit with the pirate theme
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline jawmonkey

« Reply #2 on: June 2, 2011, 01:56:52 PM »
Nope, I wanted something to counts-as Space Wolves, but I didn't want to make just plain old grey armoured, hairy wolf men, so for now the Black Corsairs are SW. Have no doubt that they might get used as other chapters of marines (good or bad) depending on how well they fit the codex wargear (I have a feeling that they would make great iron warriors or black templars).

Oh, and just where is your pimped out tank?!

Edit 5-3-11: Seriously, none of you own a nice tank that's larger than just some paltry Rhino? (really nice paint jobs accepted, as in no one has a "X"  this cool looking) Not one of you have mad skills?? I've totally out-pimped my tank haven't I, to the point that you're ashamed of your own and are now melting them???
« Last Edit: June 4, 2011, 01:24:43 AM by jawmonkey »

Check out my terrain tutorial!, New chapter; plasticard watch tower added 11-6-11!

Offline Shas'La robo

• For the Greater GOOD!!... and the Emperor
  • Armies: Imperial Guard, Tau
« Reply #3 on: June 5, 2011, 12:49:34 AM »
Edit 5-3-11: Seriously, none of you own a nice tank that's larger than just some paltry Rhino? (really nice paint jobs accepted, as in no one has a "X"  this cool looking) Not one of you have mad skills?? I've totally out-pimped my tank haven't I, to the point that you're ashamed of your own and are now melting them???

Yeah my shadowsword was so crappy compared to your amazingly awesome pirate raider, that it melted by itself!! It ruined my table, now there's melted plastic everywhere!!!   >:(

Also where'd you get the drunken sailor from??

robo
hug cover, shoot the big ones, and cripple the fast ones. if those cant be achieved, kill em all.  8)

Offline jawmonkey

« Reply #4 on: June 5, 2011, 10:33:18 AM »
Reaper miniatures, I used them for many of the personal guard as well (the "eldar" and 2 humans).

Seriously though, I'm really not saying that anything else another member puts on here will be put down and discouraged (e.g. that's a nice Slaneeshi mobile strip club and all, but mine's still better!), well, unless it truly deserves it, but for 99% percent of time you're going to get compliments and the ability to show off your work! So really, let's see it!
« Last Edit: June 5, 2011, 11:29:06 PM by jawmonkey »

Offline jawmonkey

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 08:01:53 PM »
I have given this community two weeks, you all have no mad skillz and are not 40k pimps.

Thread locked with shame, sadness, and disgust.

if you have a sweet creation to show off, PM me, maybe I'll unlock it...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 08:04:04 PM by jawmonkey »