News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Fast Attack Eldar  (Read 2816 times)

Offline Bel

Fast Attack Eldar
« on: January 24, 2002, 09:10:11 AM »
Hey ya, I am currently playing SM and was wanting to start an Eldar Fast Attack team, with Swooping Hawks (damm the Plord looks sweet), viper jetbikes, reapers, and rangers, i was wanting around 2500pts does anyone have some idea's on how many models/ what models i should get for this (soon to be) Fast Attack army? any feed back would be sweet. thanks all

Bel   ;D
Colored as a maiden tweaked,
Time was naught when I began;
Through the garden I was sneaked,
I alone am the fall of man.

Offline Wraithboss

• Most Potent of Geezers
  • Back from the dead, and ready to Party!
Re:Fast Attack Eldar
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2002, 09:38:26 AM »
Load up on Wave-serpents and Falcons. This'll give you the opportunity to move your basic troop in HTH quickly.
Remember Banshees can fleet-of-foot, Scorpions can't.

Vypers are a good choice for a fast attack slot, and a CTM will enable them to zip in and out of cover, firing with impunity. You can take a CTM on  Falcons and Serpents too, I believe.
Is that right guys?

`Boss!
" Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
                                    T. Roosevelt

Offline Phoenix

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2002, 09:58:18 AM »
Yep.

All Eldar vehicles can take the CTM.

As for fast attack army, why don't you take a look at the Saim-Hann list?

It's practically based around fast attack stuff.

Phoenix
In the beginning there was nothing.
Then God said: " Let there be light." And light there was.
Well, obviously there was still nothing, but at least you could see it a whole lot better now.

Offline Spirit Seer

• Bow before the might of Iyanden foolish mon-keigh.
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2002, 11:24:53 AM »
ya, as pheonix said, start a Sam-Hainn army, basically, fast attack turn into troops and troops into fast attack. the only exception to this is swooping hawks and shining spears (??), which become elites (i think). how ever, they only get one elite and heavy support, which limits aspect warriors. but for elites, just take the swooping hawks, and heavy support, take the falcon. but seeing how almost all of the sam hainn army is  mounted on jetbikes, u wont be able to take that many wave serpents. and if you do take some for your troops, theres an article on eldar online on how to make a paper one. oh, and one more thing, the force organization chart is always the same. it is 1 cumpolsory HQ, 1 optional HQ; 1 optional elites; 3 optional troops; 2 cumpolsury fast attack, 4 optional FA; 1 optional heavy support. well, hope that helps.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2002, 11:27:03 AM by CoolBeans »
-Seer
"The stars themselves once lived and died at our command, and yet you still dare to oppose our will."

Offline moojaro

• The Invisible Man
  • Ancient
  • Kage Akuma
    • Eldar Online
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2002, 11:41:17 AM »
make susre to get a wild rider cheif
THEY ROCK!
just read there stats
mooj,

Experiance the Nerdom

<insert super cool sig here>
come see my pix!

Offline Kyndig Azhei

• If I hear ONE MORE PERSON crying cheese....
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2002, 01:24:50 PM »
Just out of curiosity, against SM, why, exactly, would you go with a fast attack army?  (Maybe a silly question; I just seem to have a lot of luck with lots of aspects and heavy support)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline Spirit Seer

• Bow before the might of Iyanden foolish mon-keigh.
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2002, 01:49:13 PM »
Kyndig, go to http://www.eldaronline.com/painting_paperserpent.shtml for info on how to make a plastic wave serpent
-Seer
"The stars themselves once lived and died at our command, and yet you still dare to oppose our will."

Offline Phoenix

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2002, 07:33:57 AM »

Just out of curiosity, against SM, why, exactly, would you go with a fast attack army?  (Maybe a silly question; I just seem to have a lot of luck with lots of aspects and heavy support)

Plain and simple: you don't.
Jetbikes aren't as easy to control properly as they are to destroy. Although Vypers with Starcannons and a CTM pretty much blow apart most stuff a SM can field, the general idea of Saim-Hann is speed over damage. And since the T4 3+ SM's are a pain to kil with anything but heavy support (or banshees  ;D) you're better off not using Saim--Hann.

Lucky for us, Eldar have about the most impressive Heavy Support list available.

And as for the Saim-Hann list:

No troops change catagory, but you must field 2 Fast Attack and 1 HQ instead of the 2 Troops 1 HQ.
Optional choices are:
up to 3 troops
1 additional HQ
1 Elite
1 Heavy
4 additional Fast attack

Plus you may reroll any terrain rolls with all your skimmers and bikes as well as set up fast attack instead of troops on the battle field (during troop placement).

Phoenix
In the beginning there was nothing.
Then God said: " Let there be light." And light there was.
Well, obviously there was still nothing, but at least you could see it a whole lot better now.

Offline Bel

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2002, 11:44:37 PM »
Hey guys i want to thank you for the help in creating/ giving me idea's on my new eldar army, it has helped me. thanks again for helping me

Bel  ;D
Colored as a maiden tweaked,
Time was naught when I began;
Through the garden I was sneaked,
I alone am the fall of man.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #9 on: February 2, 2002, 10:07:06 PM »
I play Saim Hann and a full army will cost around $1k usd. here is my list:
WILD RIDER CHIEF;  
 SHURICAN CANNON, POWER WEAPON              = 102

10 KINSMEN:   5 SHURIKENCANNON/5 SHURIKEN CATAPULT EACH HAS HAND WEAPON AND PISTOL.=500
FAMILY BANNER (REROLL ALL CLOSE COMBAT ATTACKS)     =35

SQUADRON OC&#8217;E:  3 VYPERS ; UPPER AND LOWER SHURICAN CANNON. (70EA)       =210

SQUADRON DAIN: 3 VYPERS; STARCANNON, CATAPULTS (65EA)                                    =195

SQUADRON CAIRN: 3 VYPERS; STARCANNON, CATAPULTS (65EA)                                 =195

SARGEANT CHOLIT: I VYPER; BRIGHT LANCE, CATAPULTS                                             =65

SARGEANT OLOGN: I VYPER; BRIGHT LANCE, CATAPULTS                                               =65

SARGEANT ARANOT: I VYPER; BRIGHT LANCE, CATAPULTS                                             =65

10 STORM GUARDIANS, PISTOL, CC WEAPON, KRACK/HAYWIRE GRENADES          =130
WAVE SRPENT, TWIN LINK STAR CANNON                                          =125

10 STORM GUARDIANS, PISTOL, CC WEAPON, KRACK/HAYWIRE GRENADES          =130
WAVE SRPENT, TWIN LINK STAR CANNON                                        =125

TOTAL = 1942
Keep in mind the two armies I play most are SM and nids.  (95%)  I played orcs once and won and IG once and suffered mutual anailation. I always shred nids and SM but suffer 50% casualties  vs SM.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Aulan Cnesha

« Reply #10 on: February 3, 2002, 11:50:56 AM »
Don't forget that guardian jetbikes can move 6" in the assault phase whether they are charging or not.  That's better than CTM, because you can move 12", shoot, then move 6" into cover.