News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500pt Army and possibly fail  (Read 2807 times)

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
Re: 1500pt Army and possibly fail
« Reply #20 on: September 1, 2008, 06:04:51 PM »
Wait. I'm confused. Primarily just about the Scarabs. There is a big distinction between Lightning Fields and Disruption Fields.

Sorry if I confused you somehow. I meant D-fields, referring to the unit upgrade that Flayed Ones and Scarabs can take. Lightning field is not really as good as it once was because your opponent's combat score is raised when you lose models. This means the loss of scarabs could cause you to lose a combat.

Offline argos5

• Stuff
Re: 1500pt Army and possibly fail
« Reply #21 on: September 1, 2008, 11:24:14 PM »
So I was going through everyone's suggestions and got myself a little confused. I revised my list again. Its not longer really a CC list, as much as it is--- a Backstab and Shot-to-the-Chest list.

1x- Necron Destroyer Lord
-Warscythe
-Destroyer Body
-Phase Shifter
-Ress Orb
3x- Wraiths

5x- Immortals

6x- Flayed Ones (will either Infiltrate or DS, depending on setup)

10x- Warriors
10x- Warriors

3x- Destroyers
3x- Destroyers

1x-Monolith (Deepstriking)

I'm not really aiming to use Scarabs anymore. I'd rather have myself or them defeated without too much delay. Especially if my opponent is some ranged fool... if they want a fire-fight, I'll give them one!!! But they better expect something stabbing them in the back when my Monolith, Wraithwing, or Flayed Ones pop up and rip them all to shreds! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA