News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The start of a gaming table.  (Read 1914 times)

Offline khaine

• This happens when I am bored.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Truly Dread
The start of a gaming table.
« on: July 13, 2015, 03:58:50 PM »
So after far to many years of putting off maeing the space for a gaming table I finaly cleared out the old spare room...

So still a long way to go to get it to what I want it to be, but should have fun getting there.

There's no stopping what can't be stopped, no killing what can't be killed

You can't see the eyes of the demon until him come calling.

This is dread man, truly dread.

"Childhood is when you idolize Batman. Adulthood is when you realize that the Joker makes more sense."

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
Re: The start of a gaming table.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 05:28:37 PM »
Hey that's only the beginning but that look insanely cool to me !

The bridge is a great piece, i think it offer many things, cover when under it, hight view when on it. I think a bridge is one of the coolest piece of terrain for a gaming table ^^

Keep at it!
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 05:41:31 PM »
Nice!  Where did you get those parts?  :)

Offline khaine

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Truly Dread
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 05:13:35 AM »
The bridge is a great piece, i think it offer many things, cover when under it, hight view when on it. I think a bridge is one of the coolest piece of terrain for a gaming table ^^

Keep at it!

They can be a bit tricky at times, if you don't get the possition just right it can provide a massive advantage to one side if the other has no real way of getting onto it. But 'tis a cool peice and I'll just have to figure something out to make it work.  :)

Nice!  Where did you get those parts?  :)

The tiles are from Secret Weapon Miniatures, I picked them up at this years Salute but think I got lucky as they seam to be a total pain to get hold of at the moment. I think they're still trying to finish off their kickstarter pledges before they go into mass production with them as even their own website isn't selling the full range at the moment. The bridge was from wargameterrain, given the time and space I'd love to do a multi level skirmish table using their sewer parts and building up to some tall buildings...

"Childhood is when you idolize Batman. Adulthood is when you realize that the Joker makes more sense."

Offline augustmanifesto

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 12:11:58 PM »
Looking forward to seeing these painted. I also have the SWM tiles from the kickstarter. Do you have colors in mind? airbrush or drybrush?
join 40k0 on facebook!

Biff Puzzled his brains. He thunk fast. The Emp was the Emp, natch. Techs worshiped the Emp. Even Scum swore by the Emp...The Emp was megabossgod. Yet who was the Emp? Where was the Emp?
Everwhere. Nowhere
Somewhere.
Not Here...
So maybe nowhere near.
Maybe the Emp was further away than Biff could imagine. And even more mega.

Offline khaine

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Truly Dread
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 03:59:41 PM »
I'm thinking large brush to get the base colours down and then airbrush to pick out areas and stencil in some road markings. Colour wise I'm torn between a flat all over grey-black and working in some different colours, only problem with the colour option could be if I rearrange the tiles it may look odd.

Did some tests today for the buildings:

Roof panel was cut by plotter in stock card just to test the fit, the fit was perfect… Probably a little to perfect so I’ll have to tweak the cutting files before I start cutting with plasti-card. The buttress tops were some quick tests, again for size (The hole in the base of them that plugs onto the posts on the tops of the walls was about 0.5mm to small) and just for general style and size. Not sure which top style I like best, or even if there’s something else I could try.

Edit:  Just put image tags on your links to show the pictures. --- GML
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 04:10:59 PM by Grand Master Lomandalis »