Forum > Orks

Faces of the WAAAAGH!!!

<< < (2/12) > >>

Mr.Squid:
WoW, I havn't touched my Orks in 2 years...

But with my Deathguard army almost done, I think I'll jump right back on the Whaaagh.

Name- Da Squid

VANGUARD Level 1 (Geen Daemon 2008)

Awards and Trophies:
Da Green Daemon-

History- An on again, off again Ork player, what draws me to the army is the number of conversion oppertunities. It's a moddelers dream.

Army- Too ridiculously small to matter.

Right now, All I have is:

10 Grotz, no Slaver

20 Ork Boyz

1 Ork Mek with a flamer

And, of coarse....MUFFINS!!!

Pics:

More Pics soon, I hope.

Chers!

Mr.Squid

moc065:
This space belongs ta
"Bluu In Da Phaes"
Linky to the thread I started them in (pics in there).

Da Story

Bluu In Da Phaes (BIDP).... all started out way back in da day of 3rd ed... we had a few boys and their faces were blue instead of Green (actually I was testing some different washes back in the days of true Ink)... anyway... Me Fantasy Orks were mingling with me Space Orks... and the clan was formed... we went to war several times, and we never lost a game over many many years of gaming... (when we won, we won ~~ when we ran away, we was only going ta get more boys ~~ and then there were a few times that we all got wiped out, so no witnesses means dat da battle never really took place, cus ya can't prove it).. anyway, we never lost. Along come da 5th ed and seriously cool Codex and some wicked new figure too (Woot)... We older boys decide dat da AOBR box set is too good to pass up, so we gets a set... dump da SM's for mor Boys (trade), never even get outta da store, and get an chance to repeat... so for $150.00 we goes home wit 4 full sets of AOBR Orks (woot)... a few weeks later I gets da chance to trade some more SM\s for another set of AOBR Orks (seamed like no-one wanted them)…. Den I gather da Mek’s togetha and start figuring a way to build a unique and “Fun” army wit dem all. So, since they have been Screaming (till their "Bluu in da Phaes") since the 3rd Edition, I figured that I would keep that theme going but with a more modern feel and look to it...

First came da list (or ten/thirty, as I didn’t get it right on dat first try).. but for any “Fun” list, you need to have some balance as well as good old fashioned arse kicking power from time to time… so I wanted good troops to start with (10 Knobs wit a warboss make a pretty solid Troop… so dats were the list started)… I then figured out that I wanted them on bikes.. so the rest of the army would have to be fast as well (because I likes speed, and red paint)… So I figured that I would need a couple trukks as well (with boys in there of course)… after that I needed one of each FOC slot at least… but the Knobs started as Elites, so no more of them… on with a Fast Attack choice, well I had a bucket load of Deffkopta’s already so that choice was easy… now for a Heavy support… Hmm the Killa Kans looked cool (and I could build them from junk,,,, but then the new Battle Wagon box came out, and one just sorta fell into my hands one day.. so a Battle Wagon it would be… I was still a few points shy for 1700 (local favourite size)… so I figured what could I add to help as much as possible (or be fun to build).. I messed around with Snikrot, (I sucked in his usage on the table, so back to the drawing board)… then I realized that a Kustom Force Field might really help my deployment and style, so the Mek’s build me one… and tada… the list was pretty well done.

From dare da clan of Bluu in da Phaes has evolved into one seriously Lean-Mean-Green stomping machine, and here are some updates/Lists/links that might interest you.

Here is der current army list.

Bluu In Da Phaes

HQ
(150) Ork Warboss on Bike,
Stikkbombs,
Cybork,
P-Klaw
& Att Squig.
Big Bluu         
Troops (Elite)
(665) Ork Knob Bikers – 10; Stikkbombz, Cyborks.
Waaggh Banna Bum,       
Painboy,
Klaw wit BP         
Klaw wit C-Skorcha
Klaw                 Big Choppa
Big Choppa wit C-Skorcha   
Reg wit C-Skorcha
Reg wit BP       
Reg.                    

Troops
(157) Ork Boys – 12;
Knob wit BP
and P-Klaw
~~ Trukk
wit R-Paint, Ram,           {these can be used as Shoota Boyz, note the weapons mod}

(157) Ork Boys – 12; Knob wit BP and P-Klaw ~~ Trukk wit R-Paint, and Ram
(160) Ork Boys – 20; Knob wit BP and P-Klaw
(200) Ork Shoota Boys – 25; 2 Big Shoota's, Knob wit BP and P-Klaw

Fast Attack
(70) Ork Deffkopta’s – 1; 1 Rokkits, 1 Buzzsaw.

1699pts, 5 Scoring Units, 11 Kill Points, and 85 Figures

Auxilaries (build and primed at least)
(125) Ork Big Mek, Kustom Force Field and P-Klaw.
(125) Ork Battlewagon, Deffrolla and 2*big Shoota’s
(360) Ork Deffkopta’s – 8; 8*Rokkits.
(***) Ork Boys - lots: some wit shoota's some witout

Here is how I did der Paint Scheme

Some BattleReports.

1700pts vs Mech Eldar Used the Big Mek and B-Wagon in this game... 16 Oct 20091500pts vs Tau Used 3 Green Barons... 8 Apr 2010
Many other battles with 1500-1700 pts being used, and as the army generall tables an opponent in 4-5 turns I have not been posting Batreps as there is no use to rub salt in the enemies wounds. Only one unit of Slugga's left to paint to have the 1700 points totally legal, but the 1500 pt list is finished.

Cheers

Kingside_Bishop:
Hey everyone! I just finished painting my 1850 army, so I figured I'd finally say a formal hello, and post a panoramic! My army, the Necromundan 523rd Mechanized Conscripts, is actually an Imperial Guard regiment built using the Ork Codex.

HQ
     Warboss on a Warbike with a Power Klaw
     Big Mek with a Burna, a Kustom Force Field, and Heavy Armour
Elites
     15 Burna Boyz
Troops
     9 Nob Bikers with 2 Powerklaws, 7 Big Choppas, a Painboy, a Waaagh! Banner, and a Bosspole
     12 Choppa Boyz in a Trukk with a Nob with a Power Klaw and a Bosspole
Fast Attack
     Skorcha
     Skorcha
     Skorcha
Heavy Support
     Battlewagon with a Big Shoota, Red Paint Job, Reinforced Ram, and Armour Plates

SKEETERGOD:
Hello, I have been playing Warhammer since 1988 when I started with WHFB Empire, then about 1990 I started with Eldar, first as Biel Tan, then Uthwe, and finally as Saim Hann.  I also added in High Elves, and Skaven.  For the longest time my 40k army was only the Eldar, and I like to think I got really good at them.  Then one day the GW in Chicago had a psudo tourney where they chose the army and if you could use their store army to beat their other army you would win 1k of an army of your choice.  So I entered my son who was 13 at the time, and coached him on what to move where, etc and he beat the stores nid army by complete massacre in 4 1/2 turns, therefore winning the army.  He chose Orks.  So over the next few years I helped him build his army to 1750, but he didn't always play them as he still liked his Ultramarines.  Then I got transferred to Florida and there were not many WHFB players, but a lot of 40k players, so I played 40k almost exclusively.

Well, time passed, and my son grew up, joined the Navy and when he went he left his Ork army.  Now I can't see an army just sitting around going to waste so I fixed them up and repainted/finished painting them and started playing them.  I soon gravitated to speed freaks, and was definitely hooked on them when the Armageddon book came out.  So I rebuilt the army to be speed freaks.  Since then I have added a bit to the army and it is quite large now.  I still play my Eldar every few months but I mostly play the Orks as they are just so addicting, and of course we never lose.

So here is my Ork army:

HQ
AWTY DakaToof (warboss): Attack Squig, War bike, Power Claw, Cybork Body, Boss Pole.=155

The Ghork Rider (counts as Zhadnark Da Rippa) =150

WARBOSS : Heavy Armor, TL Shoota, Cybork, Squig, Power Claw, boss pole.    =125
WARBOSS: AXEKIKKER, heavy, cybork, boss pole, TL shoota, Headwoppa

WARBOSS: Heavy Armor, TL Shoota, Cybork, Squig, Big Choppa, Boss Pole =105

BIG MEK Slingblade: Mega armor, squig, Cybork body   =95
BIG MEK Gitburna: Boss Pole, heavy armor, burna, Cybork body, Kustom Force Field   =125

BIG MEK WaaGut:Boss Pole, heavy armor, burna, Cybork body, Kustom Force Field   =125
BIG MEK: Buzzgob; Big Choppa, Boss Pole, Mek Arms, 2 Oilers   =100

GHAZGULL THRAKA: See page 58 of the Ork codex           225
MAD DOC GROTSNIK: See page 59 of the Ork codex   160

OLD ZOGWART: See page 61 of the Ork codex   145

BIG MEK: (Bat Mek) Heavy armor, Cybork =50

TROOPS
1: 12 BOYS; Slugga and Choppa, NOB, ‘eavy armor, boss pole, Power Claw.= 117
 TRUKK; Red Paint, ram, Plank = 50;    Total = 167
2: 12 BOYS; Slugga and Choppa, NOB, ‘eavy armor, boss pole, Power Claw.= 117
 TRUKK; Red Paint ram, plank = 50;    Total = 167
3: 12 BOYS; Slugga and Choppa, NOB, ‘eavy armor, boss pole, Power Claw.= 117
4: 12 BOYS; Slugga and Choppa, NOB, ‘eavy armor, boss pole, Power Claw.= 117
5: 12 BOYS; The Drive By Boys, Shoota,Nob with big shoota and boss pole;
TRUKK; Red Paint, Grot, ram.   =137

6: 12 BOYS; Shoota,= 72; TRUKK; Red Paint, Grot, ram.= 50    Total=122

6b 18 shoota boys, nob with PK and BP (added to Drive By Boys to make them 30 strong) 163
7: 30 Boys, Slugga and Choppa, Nob, ‘eavy armor, boss pole, Power Claw.  =220
8: 30 Boys, Slugga and Choppa,  ‘eavy armor, boss pole, Power Claw.  =220

9: 10 Nob Bikers; War Bike,8 Big Choppa, Cybork body, WAAGH Banner, 1 PK, 2 BP,and a Pain Boy= 620

10 30 Boys, Slugga and Choppa, Nob, ‘eavy armor, boss pole, Power Claw.  =220
11: 30 Ard Boys: 3 big shootas, nob with PK and BP     =335

12: 30 grots with 3 herders 120
13: 12 BOYS; Shootas, Big Shoota, NOB, ‘eavy, boss pole, Power Claw.    = 117
14:12 BOYS; Shootas, Big Shoota, NOB, ‘eavy, boss pole, Power Claw.    = 117
15: 12 BOYS; Shootas, Big Shoota, NOB, ‘eavy, boss pole, Power Claw.    = 117

FAST
1:  3 Deffcoptas, Twin Link Rocket Launchas.= 135
2:  5 Deffcoptas, Twin Link Big Shoota.= 175

3:  3 War Buggies, Twin Link Rockits, Red Paint,= 120

4:  3 War Buggies, Tracks, Red Paint with Twin Link Rocket Launcher    = 145

5:  2 War Buggies, Skorchas= 90

6:  The Green Baron (Deffcopta, Twin Link Rocket Launcha, Buzz Saw) = 70

7: 3 Deffcoptas with KMBs =120

8: The Eagle Green Baron =70

9: Six Grot Tanks, Big shootas, pintlel mounted shootas, Boss Tank

10: Dakka Jet with third supa shoota and ace upgrade =130

11: Burna Bomma with six scorcha missiles

12: Another Dakka Jet with third supa shoota and ace upgrade

ELITE
1: 15 Burna Boys, 3 are Meks with Mega blasters.    = 225 ( there are these Goff rockers that are just too cool to leave behind so I use them as the meks)

2: 15 Tank Busta Boys, Nob with ‘Eavy Armor and Power Fist, 3 Bomb Squigs.    = 275

3: 10 Nobs, ‘eavy armor, Cybork Body, twin link shoota, Stick bombs, Waugh Banna, big choppas, 1 is a pain boy=395  Battle Wagon; red paint, grot rigger, Death roller 2 big shootas. = 130    = 525
4: JUNKA; (*a: Transport for Big Mek Slingblade) 1 TL Big Shoota, 2 TL Rockits, Death Roller, Kff   =180

5: 10 Nobs, ‘eavy armor, Cybork, mixed shootas, stick bombs, Waugh Banna, 7 w/big choppa,    2 w/ PK, 1 is a pain boy=400  Battle Wagon; red paint, grot rigger, death roller, 2 big shootas. = 130    = 530
6a: 8 Kommandos, 2 w/ burnas, and Nob heavy armor w/PK   135
6b: 8 Kommandos, 2 w/ burnas, and Boss Snikrot   195
7: 10 Nobs, Heavy armor, Cybork, 1Waugh Banna, 4 w/big choppa, 3 w/ PK, 2 w/ combi skorcha, 1 is a pain =425
Battle Wagon; Red Paint, Grots, armor, death roller, 2 big shootas =140 
8. 10 Mega Nobs, mega armor w/ Cybork bodies   =450

9: Junka with twin smart missiles and three big shootas

HEAVY:
1: Looted Wagon; Red Paint, Armor Plates, Grot Rigger, Reinforced Ram, Rockit, and Boom Gun    = 130

2: 10 Flash Gitz, ‘eavy armor, Cybork, More Dakka, Shootier, 1 is a pain boy   =420

3: Battle Wagon; red paint, grot rigger, Reinforced ram, Kill Kannon, 1 big shoota,    = 170
4: Gun Trukk w/ flakka dakka gun    = 100
5: Gun Trukk w/ flakka dakka gun    = 100

6: Big Trakk; 2 Big Shootas, Big Lobba, red paint, Grot riggers   =80

7: Big Trakk; 2 Skorchas, Kill Kannon, ram, red paint, Grot riggers   =125

8: Gun Wagon with big lobba and big shoota

FORTIFICATIONS
1: Looted Aegis Defence Line =50

SUPER HEAVY:
1: STOMPA; The Dakatoof Stompa
Titan Close Combat weapon, 2 Supa-rockits, 1 Supadupa-rockit, Boom Gun, Flame Belcha, Boom Gun, 2 big shootas one front one back, 4 death coptas. (Eye in the sky rules), 4 structure points, 2 power fields,      =700

2: Fighta Bomma See Data Sheet   =210

3: Blasta Bomma Death arsenal, 4 big shootas on each side, TL turrent big shoota, 6 bombs           =450

4: Kill Bursta tank with Grot Gunners  =355

5: Klaw Stompa  670

6: Stompa: See Data Sheet IA*   600

7: Big Mek Stompa: See Data Sheet IA8     650

8: Skullhamma Battle Tank: See Data Sheet IA8        400

ALLIES
BATTLE BROTHERS
1: Meka Dred; Bomb racks, Shunta   240

ALLIES OF CONVENIENCE
1: Chaos Lord, Aura of Dark Glory, Mark of Tzeench   80
2: 35 Cultists (Diggas), 7 with auto guns, 3 with flamers   172

Grand Totals by Category
HQ   1560
TROOPS   3431
ELITES   3480
FAST ATTACK   1230
HEAVY   1287
FORTIFICATIONS   50
SUPER HEAVY   3615
ALLIES   492

GRAND TOTAL    = 15145

So you can see the army has grown a bit (and still growing) since it's humble start so many years ago.

Here is a list of my posted batreps so you can see the army in action:
The Orks have Landed 3k game
Its them Interrupted
Orks takin over
AWTY Returns Ork v. IG
Orks Have the Generator
Living Metal Stompa v. Necrons
Catch The Squig vs. Death Wing
Here is the fiction that went with all the above games for the KoN campaign:
The continuing story of AWTY Dakkatoof
Orktober Campaign: Fixin the Kroozer
Gitburna Rides through
Gitburna Finds Something
Buzzgob Takes Over
Here are some adventures of my ork army:
Catch The Squig *
The Wolf Time
Here is some fluff I wrote about my Biker Boss
A Tale of AWTY Dakkatoof

*Belial Squig:

Deathpepper:

I started out playing rogue trader when I was a kid.  Ork player since AoBR came out. 

This army has been growing steadily for a while.  I'm styling the army with each unit themed as a different clan.  Tons of pics of the painted models can be found here.

Currently a mostly Kult of Speed army, but I'm adding some walkers and other elements in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page