News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Cheesy, bad or stupid? Old player back for more 1500.p  (Read 4643 times)

Offline Rx8Speed

Re: Cheesy, bad or stupid? Old player back for more 1500.p
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2016, 10:58:52 AM »
@RX8 -
But that's just my copy, of course. You may have a different version, with different rules. If you could please quote me the page from your rulebook that says differently, I'd be interested to read it.

Sassiness just makes the truth seem all that more poewrful so I'm glad you approached your post in that way! Check out the section on formations. Last paragraph before the heading "Formation Points Costs".

"Unlike other Detachments, Formations can also be taken as part of Unbound
armies. If they are, their units maintain the special rules gained for being part
of the Formation."

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2016, 10:06:32 PM »
*Sits at table, notices freshly prepared crow, dives in. Tastes like you'd expect crow to taste.*

I must apologise for my misinformation. Thanks RX8, I'd never noticed that before.

Carry on with the Formation + Unbound :)

[In case anyone is wondering, pg 121, right hand side, in the box.]
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 10:17:14 PM by Spectral Arbor »

Offline Rx8Speed

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2016, 02:07:03 AM »
lol!! The rules are all over the place. I, and people I know people that play much more often than me are always finding new things in that rulebook that are thrown in there willy nilly like one!

@op with all that said make your list battleforged :P It's common practice and no tournaments allow unbound armies and it's all for good reasons!

Offline Aralion

• I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2016, 11:28:39 AM »
lol!! The rules are all over the place. I, and people I know people that play much more often than me are always finding new things in that rulebook that are thrown in there willy nilly like one!

@op with all that said make your list battleforged :P It's common practice and no tournaments allow unbound armies and it's all for good reasons!

Might be a good choise. Have any Ideas on some tweaks I can do?

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2016, 01:36:09 PM »
@Spec, I read the point. I am just pondering as to what would be better than a Wraithseer and the other crew.

- Otherwise, my suggestion is plain ol' Wraithfighter than the Wraithseer + Hunter or Hawk.
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat