News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Phonix Lord  (Read 884 times)

Offline Elesar

• Does anybody speak Quenya?!
Phonix Lord
« on: May 5, 2003, 03:50:24 PM »
If you put Phonix lord Karandras in a Howling Banshe squad, do they get inflintrate from Karandras stealth abilety. And can you do that with a Wraith lord. I am guessing the answer is now.
When winter first begins to bite
and stones crack in the frosty night,
when pools are black and trees are bare,
`tis evil in the Wild to fare

Extracted from "The return of the king"

JRR Tolkien: West-elves( the Eldar), very inventive GW.

Spectre General

Re:Phonix Lord
« Reply #1 on: May 5, 2003, 03:58:46 PM »
No, I don't think you can even put phoenix lords in differing aspect squads, never mind let the squad gain the lord's abilities.
And Wraithlords aren't characters, so no.

Offline Roma

• Grace me guide
« Reply #2 on: May 5, 2003, 05:00:58 PM »
You can put the phoenix lords into squads not of their aspect, they are independant characters. And yes, if you put karandras into a banshee squad they get the ability.

Offline Yentz

• My Warjack Pwns Your Dreadnought
  • Ancient
  • Im Guilty
« Reply #3 on: May 5, 2003, 06:46:11 PM »
Sigh...No, they don't, we have debated this for a very long time, and No, Karadras CANNOT make another squad infiltrate. Why? Because he is a IC. IC do not start the game in a squad, they start by themselves outside of a squad. And because Infiltrate is used in the deployment stage, he cannot give the ability to other units. ONLY he can infiltrate.

Offline Kai-Thelon

• "Light of the new Dawn"
« Reply #4 on: May 5, 2003, 08:04:15 PM »
Actually under the Exarch powers in the Eldar codex it says that an exarch with the stealth power leading a squad will allow the entire squad to infiltrate if allowed by mission.
There's so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Offline AceKng1

• Innocence proves nothing
« Reply #5 on: May 5, 2003, 08:21:42 PM »
But he is NOT leading a squad.  He doesn't have a squad at the beginning.  If you want him to be part of a squad then you would make him join the squad in your first turn of movement.
Grandmaster of the Caerleon Crusades Grey Knight Company who in times of need are supported by the Vulkarian 41st Heavy Drop Company.<br /><br />"We may be outnumbered and out gunned,<br />But our weapons are ready, our grav-chutes are charged, and we have the element of surprise."<br />-Slogan of the Vulkarian 41st Heavy Drop Company<br /><br />Farseer of the Naran-ju Craftworld<br /><br />"Fear us, for we are the Eldar.  We bring your doom."<br />-Warchant of the Naran-ju Craftworld Eldar

Offline Koonitz

• Ignorance is your greatest enemy
  • Ancient
« Reply #6 on: May 5, 2003, 08:38:02 PM »
It's been stated, but I think I'll put it in words clearer.
An Independant Character joins squads merely by moving up to within 2" and the player declaring the model a part of the squad. Note that both the character and the squad must be on the board to do so.
But, since the squad is already on the board, they may not infiltrate, as they are already deployed.
"I like to think of this lovely place as my home. Now you wouldn't even think about upsetting me in my home, would you? Of course you wouldn't. So do what I say, when I say, and I won't get upset. I do bad things when I'm upset."
-Drill Instructor, MechWarrior 2

"It is not my responsibility to prove you are wrong. It is your responsibility to prove you are right."
-Koonitz

"The next time you decide to stab me in the back, have the guts to do it to my face."
- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Kai-Thelon

• "Light of the new Dawn"
« Reply #7 on: May 5, 2003, 08:58:38 PM »
Wasn't thinking of the IC rule, Sorry I usually use My Karandras miniature as my Exarch without his abilities and forgot the IC, My mistake.
There's so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #8 on: May 6, 2003, 09:27:03 AM »
course, i still firmly believe that if u stick Karandras with some banshee's they get the Surprise Assault ability...
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Roma

• Grace me guide
« Reply #9 on: May 6, 2003, 06:13:48 PM »
ya thats right, as soon as a IC joins a squad they get what ever bonuses he has to offer. But he doesnt start out with one. sry about that.

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 7, 2003, 01:00:03 PM »
hmmmm just noticed the spelling in the topic.

its PHOENIX lord, not PHONIX lord.  a PHONIX lord is someone that is a lord at reading heheh
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Barothos, The Path-Finder

• Barothos, The Alaitoc Path-Finder
« Reply #11 on: May 7, 2003, 07:46:15 PM »
Phonix Lord.....lol......w ell whatever.....im just wondering whats better a group of D-Cannons or V-Cannons....because someone said D-Cannons are better but V-cannons are better in bulk..... ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
No one will capture me, No one will find me, No one will see me for they will be dead at the turn of there head, I am Barothos the Champion of the Path-Finders!!!

Offline shadydentist

• The ONLY stickman in these parts.
    • Tyranid Quarantine Zone
« Reply #12 on: May 7, 2003, 07:53:05 PM »
I believe you may declare a independent character to be leading a squad before you deploy.  If that is the case, then you ARE allowed to give infiltrate to whatever squad you join.
The only way to kill a zombie is by piercing its brain.

Offline Roma

• Grace me guide
« Reply #13 on: May 7, 2003, 10:02:13 PM »
I dont think so...

Offline Yentz

• My Warjack Pwns Your Dreadnought
  • Ancient
  • Im Guilty
« Reply #14 on: May 7, 2003, 10:46:54 PM »
I believe you may declare a independent character to be leading a squad before you deploy.  If that is the case, then you ARE allowed to give infiltrate to whatever squad you join.

If you could point ot that rule than it would be great, but no such rule exists.

Offline Samurai

• Most Honorable Warrior
  • Ancient
« Reply #15 on: May 7, 2003, 11:15:47 PM »

No, sorry, wrong.

an IC cannot join a squad until the first turn of a game, he will deploy seperatly, but can be deployed in the same location as a squad, as long as he meets the regular deployment rules.

Offline Koonitz

• Ignorance is your greatest enemy
  • Ancient
« Reply #16 on: May 7, 2003, 11:36:53 PM »
Phonix Lord.....lol......w ell whatever.....im just wondering whats better a group of D-Cannons or V-Cannons....because someone said D-Cannons are better but V-cannons are better in bulk.....

Well, take a look at the stats and effects of each weapon, and weigh each on it's support effects in conjunction with your army's tactics and strategies. Then, you'll have which one is better for you.
"I like to think of this lovely place as my home. Now you wouldn't even think about upsetting me in my home, would you? Of course you wouldn't. So do what I say, when I say, and I won't get upset. I do bad things when I'm upset."
-Drill Instructor, MechWarrior 2

"It is not my responsibility to prove you are wrong. It is your responsibility to prove you are right."
-Koonitz

"The next time you decide to stab me in the back, have the guts to do it to my face."
- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 8, 2003, 09:39:22 AM »
personally i would think that a V-cannon is best against nids, but d-cannon is better all around.

multiple v-cannons just add to the strength, while multiple d-cannons give u more shots!
I knew I had fans!!!