News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters  (Read 330670 times)

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
  • Armies: Tyranids, Lamenters (BA), Eldar (Iyanden), 1k Sons
Re: Eldar Corsair Army
« Reply #380 on: June 4, 2015, 01:33:57 PM »
That looks really good. As always you get a great sense of personality in your modelling work.

Can't wait to see them all painted up.
check out my Iyanden painting blog.

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #381 on: June 4, 2015, 02:17:39 PM »
hey that looks intreting if I may say ...  i'm not all hiped for that one but that a nice work you did witht the modeling so far.  keep at it :)
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #382 on: June 13, 2015, 07:57:29 AM »
Thanks guys. Well I've been trucking along with my JB's. Four of them are completley finished with only 2 remaining. I'm going to a second squad but that'll be interupted by finally finishing my Corsair Scorpions, and Corsair Dragons. I ordered a Guardian kit 2 weeks ago at my FLGS but it never arrived. I'm gonna have to take a trip up to my GW and pickone up. Maybe today.

Wish I hadn't butchered that other JB pilot but this guy's come out pretty cool. I'll probably do a squad of them in the future. Checkers and all.

Well guys I got a 40k confession for ya. I'm burned out on playing pickup games. I had a game scheduled for today but cancelled due to real life stuff but honestly I just didn't feel like playing another pick-up game. Its a combination of HAVING to bring all my terrain to the store every time I go (the terrain at the store is broken, partially painted junk), facing armies that are not even fully built (guys not even glued to their bases, no heads/arms, proxies galore) never mind painted.

I also think the impending Space Marine codex has been a huge turn off for me. While I don't mind playing against gimmicky armies, elite builds, spam etc but playing against an army with hundreds of points of free models is just too much for me. When your playing a game with unequal points totals in a non-narrative game things have gone too far for me.

So I think I'm gonna take a break from playing pick-up games and just play at home for awhile, work on building my new army and get back to work on my Chaos army so my brother and I can vary things and start playing narrative style.

I actually came up with a cool idea where you basically write up a 5000 pt list and over the course of 3 games or so, you can build an army using only units from that list, and when those units die or are destroyed you cannot bring them to the next game. I think thats going to be the entry point for narrative play for me and my brother.

So anyway sorry to be a bummer, but its not a total bummer as the games and bat-reps will continue (video bat-reps too!) and against well painted, fully constructed armies with nice terrain (new terrain too wait till you see what my brother built). So stay tuned the show will go on!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #383 on: June 13, 2015, 09:19:34 AM »
Hey there :D  I totally understand what you mean for the pick up games ...  there is some moments where i just feel like... why is this guy even playing, I mean the only proxy i have ever done so far was the razorwing as crimson hunter and that's because i prefer the model to the other one. I won'"'t say anything about the non finished army... because that's my case and it's pretty hard for me to have fun playing while at the same time it's really enjoyable to be able to play even not everything is finished (i don't have anything not glued though unless it broke in the Box ><). I tend to not proxy unless my opponnet knows about it before we start concidering the game limit in point. Btw only did it once in the past when i just got into eldar (4 years back, I had some fire warrior as dire avenger ><). If you survive long enought in 40k for me to find a job somewhere on the other side of the atlantic...  well I will drop by to have a match with you (don't expect this before 2 years from now><), and with my army fully painted.

Well man keep at it for the bikes they look real cool. I like that Harly head a lot, it make for some really fun looking model, (you could use it as count as warlock perhaps ;)).

Hey I like that campaign idea, i mean the 5000 pts things, would make for intresting things to do. Do you think that perhaps you could do something like each player chose the power lvl he invest in each game, like if there was different planete, different fight, then everything still alive get's to fight in a last stand war where everyone packed and are looking to end there opponnents with perhaps special rule regarding special planete. Like this is a planete where they produce tank for the imperial guard there fore 2/3 of the game point invested must be tank. or things like this.  Eldar knowing perfectly what they are up must bring this very specificated unit to the battle field.

The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
  • Armies: Tyranids, Lamenters (BA), Eldar (Iyanden), 1k Sons
« Reply #384 on: June 13, 2015, 04:51:48 PM »
I know what you mean, Cav. Some few years back I took my fully painted thousand sons army up against a staffer's fully painted space wolf army over a nice scenic table he had just finished, and the comments we got from the store visitors was along the lines of "wow, that's really cool, two well painted armies on a well painted board."
Now, the store actually has quite good terrain and boards. Which leads me to conclude that this rare occurance was the lack of painted armies in the store. Which makes me sad: if it's rare to see two painted wysiwyg armies duking it out, there's definately a discrepancy between the way I enjoy the hobby and the way most people around here do.
Sadly, I haven't been able to find a gaming group who likes the nice, flavourful, balanced lists approach around here. Let alone a group that likes that and has fully painted armies.
check out my Iyanden painting blog.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #385 on: June 14, 2015, 07:45:28 AM »
@ Grizz- Trust me buddy I wish my opponents armies were as complete as yours! We're talking models with no heads, no arms etc. Its a sorry state! Its hard to be mad though cause the guys are so friendly, enthusiastic I really like them but its just not what I'm looking for. The game is so visual and when the visuals are all ramshackle its just not fun.

@Vonny- I agree with you 100%. I'm really looking for fun thematic games at this point. I feel bad taking this turn just as the new Space Marine codex comes out and the guys are going to be able to bring the full wrath of the Emperor to bear... but even when the new Eldar codex came out I immediately wanted to retire my Wraithguard and did with the exception of one game in which my opponent and I agreed to go total hardcore style.

Well if there's one thing I learned in this life if you want it done your way, gotta do it yourself. Gonna have to get creative... I'm gonna finish my Scorpions and Dragons and move on to doing Chaos and Dark Angels for at least for a bit to get some variety into my games here at home. By no means are the Eldar going on hiatus... just going varying things a bit.

Anyway guys... I said I was going to do it and I finally did.... My Corsair Dragons are here!

Went out and got the Guardian kit yesterday and couldn't resist knocking one out. Now I'm thinking about going back and adding bannermen to all my Dire Avengers. Anyway enjoy and stay tuned for new stuff soon!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 08:28:11 PM by Cavalier »

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #386 on: June 14, 2015, 03:15:23 PM »
Hey this look nice, they keep the thread of your army esthetically and they have a nice feeling of unicness to them aswell. You know the instant you look at them what they are and from wich army there are coming from that's pretty great. Do you intend to paint them with different color compare to your normal warrior like you did with you scorpion at some point)?  Or will you do it Red and gold like always ?

The base look awesome! Everyphoto you show make for more intresting things !
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 03:16:42 PM by Grizzlykin »

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #387 on: June 17, 2015, 04:29:52 PM »
@Grizzlykin- Thanks Grizz, glad you dig. As you can see below they are done in my classic red and gold. The only guys that get unique paint jobs are my "infiltration corps" who get the all black armor (Scorpions, Rangers, War Walkers and certain other units). 

Anyway everythings still a WIP but I'm having fun doing it. Enjoy!

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #388 on: June 17, 2015, 04:36:24 PM »
Absolutely awesome stuff! :)

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #389 on: June 17, 2015, 05:32:10 PM »
This looks freakin awesome! I have to say i really love the paint job on the first one. Small idea you should paint a coat of medium over the transfer to hide them :D

Is the second one an exarch? I don't think so but with a weapon change it could do it perfectly i think, the model gives me a nice feeling of experience.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #390 on: June 19, 2015, 01:47:51 PM »
@Tangi- Thanks man!

@Grizz- Thanks bud. I'm glad you like them. I will put some medium over the transfer... think I'm gonna pick up some testors dull-coat this weekend. I don't think this guy is the exarch... he may be the 2nd in command of the squad though who will lead them when I don't have an Exarch with a fire pike. Probably gonna use a DE heat lance for that kitbash. Thanks though I'm real glad you like them!

Hey guys. Really enjoying making these guys. The new Dragon I've made is one of my faves. It always pays off to have a couple of extra head options in your bits box. I like the new Scorpion as well... while the second scorpion is a little bland he's really there to balance out the poses of the entire squad. I always try and equal number of models looking left and looking right. He's sort of a gap-filler just balance out the look of the squad. Anyway enjoy, new updates are coming soon!

« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 01:50:43 PM by Cavalier »

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #391 on: June 19, 2015, 01:53:22 PM »
That work nicely for the scorpion and the fire dragon is beast ! But how do you plan to simulate the mandiblaster on the scorpions, I'm sorry but i feel it's something they lack right know :/ my kit box so far is nearly empty ><

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #392 on: June 21, 2015, 10:25:03 AM »
Cool thanks Grizz. Yeah little stuff like Mandiblasters which only account for a unique hammer of wrath attack aren't a priority when I do my kitbashes. Back in the day when they were a shooting attack, yeah I might worry about it a hammer of wrath attack can easily be accounted for as a cool sword maneuver they where they jam their blades into weak spots on the enemy model.

Anyway the squad is looking really good now. Can't wait to get them up to a proper 10 man squad. I'm definitely going to model up a second squad at some point too. I included a better photo of the dragons too. Enjoy!

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #393 on: June 21, 2015, 12:44:41 PM »
Huuu that's not really a hammer of wrath, it's a poisonous attack at init 10... i dont think that's the same. Well anyway looking good. A shame you could not find a way to have, what look like an exarch with scorpion claw, with a sword rather than a gun in his right hand.

These dragon really look nice, standing on all those jumbled pieces.

Keep up the good work.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #394 on: June 21, 2015, 01:22:56 PM »
They look really impressive and the black colour looks very imposing.  There's very much an aura of menace about them too, which is down to the great paint job and posing :).
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #395 on: June 28, 2015, 11:59:20 AM »
@Irisado- Thanks so much Irisado. I've really enjoyed working on these guys... I'm working hard to get a traditional build for my Corsairs. Avatar, Dire Avengers, Striking Scorpions, Swooping Hawks, Fire Dragons, Reapers and a Wraithlord. Gotta get a Falcon in there too!

So I've been plugging away. Put some finishing touches on the Avatar, built another Scorpion (not pictured), finished the Harlie jetbike, and built another Fire Dragon (WIP) as well. Really enjoying getting back to kitbashing... its been a lot of fun. I'm really happy with how everything is coming back and looking forward to some more low-key games to feature them in. Anyway enjoy the mish-mash of hobby progress!

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #396 on: June 28, 2015, 12:36:56 PM »
heeee i see something intresting :D  Avatar + Scorpions, the deadly combo ><
That fire dragon gives me a more "discrete" feeling compared to the other you've shown. That's pretty cool. More than looking avorly coherent, the fire dragon you are showing us so far real have that intresting look where they match together and yet feel very unique everytime.

the harly bike as good as everything you do >< intrestring to see the other harly vehicule at the same time :)

keep up the good work

Ps i read FALCON  somewhere in there :D  such a cool tank in my opinion, i have yet to figure out how to really exploit it thought. not enought tryal game.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 12:40:05 PM by Grizzlykin »

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #397 on: July 1, 2015, 12:21:46 PM »
I really like the pose of the Jetbike rider and the clash between the Nurgle worshipping Marines and the Corsairs.  I look forward to seeing future updates :).
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #398 on: July 2, 2015, 12:43:11 PM »
@Irisado- Thanks Irisado. The Harlie is a little bit of an oddball decision on my part and not something I'd normally do, but since I had to kitbash something after demolishing the proper rider I figure I'd do something interesting. Glad you like it. As for the Chaos guys they are actually Khorne dudes, I'm going for a Blood and Bones theme for my Chaos force, where the bolter guys are all done up in bone colored armor, and the close-combat guys are all in red. Thought that'd be a cool theme... anyway thanks so much as always I truly appreciate your input!

@Everyone- Hey guys so still plugging away a little more slowly than usual but I've cooled down my 40k fervor as of late playing a bit less, and spending a little more time just developing my overall collection.

So the Dragons are now 1 model short of a proper squad.

For her I used an old 2nd edition Fusion Gun... slightly more petite gun making it a little more wieldly for a female Corsair. 

One of my new Scorpions, he's the 8th man in the squad at this point. So almost up to a full unit.

And I finally primed my Corsair Voidstorm/Harlie unit. These guys look pretty cool. As you can see the last model I primed gold is in the background. I'm now hand painting the gold as opposed to the red which does make things easier.

So thats it for now. Gotta go prime my Starweaver at some point which should be fun. Like I said, Reapers and Spiders are next on my summer kitbashing tour so stay tuned and thanks for stopping by!

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #399 on: July 2, 2015, 04:36:37 PM »
Your army is one of the coolest I've seen in a long long long time.  :)