News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tragically Hip last show  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Tragically Hip last show
« on: August 20, 2016, 11:35:47 PM »
So, tonight was the last live show for the Tragically Hip. One of (if not the) the most iconic Canadian bands. I just finished watching the show live on the CBC, and it was amazing. Anyone else watch the Hip live tonight?
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
Re: Tragically Hip last show
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 02:36:29 AM »
I missed the show but I know why this was their farewell tour, sad story that one.

One of my favorite songs they've made right here:

Bobcaygeon - The Tragically Hip - Vevo
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 08:44:59 PM »
Bobcaygeon is a classic. I think In view is one of my favourites, as well as Poets.

The Tragically Hip - In View - YouTube

The Tragically Hip - Poets - YouTube

It's a sad that Gord and the Hip will not preform again. The Prime Minister, was at the show in a Hip shirt too. It was a great moment, I don't think the country has collectively come together like this, since the Canadian vs American gold hockey game at the Vancouver Olympics.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Brash

• Titan Games
  • Armies: Chaos Space Marines
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 08:02:57 PM »
I watched the show with a bunch of people it was amazing to see but kinda sad at the end. Also Killer I played a few games with you about 4 years ago at the game workshop north of the city. I was playing a pure deathgaurd army at the time. If your still around we should play another game sometime.
Ave Dominus Nox

• Ancient
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 11:44:51 AM »
I watched the show with a bunch of people it was amazing to see but kinda sad at the end. Also Killer I played a few games with you about 4 years ago at the game workshop north of the city. I was playing a pure deathgaurd army at the time. If your still around we should play another game sometime.

I live up in the Muskoka's now, and sometimes make it down to Barrie to play. Next time I'm in Toronto I'll let you know.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Brash

• Titan Games
  • Armies: Chaos Space Marines
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 05:34:27 PM »
Sounds good, I believe you soundly defeated me last time so it will give me a chance to tie it up. I built my own ruined city table since then it is pretty impressive. I am almost done painting it, once I am I will post a few picks.
Ave Dominus Nox