News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Necron warrior names (Kill Team)  (Read 2674 times)

Offline kim

Necron warrior names (Kill Team)
« on: October 5, 2018, 04:44:11 PM »
I just got the Kill Team book, and if I read it correct, the (RP) name generation table omits the basic Necron Warrior. As they are more or less automata, this is purposeful, correct? Even if they can be leaders in KT?

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Necron warrior names (Kill Team)
« Reply #1 on: October 5, 2018, 05:49:48 PM »
Yeah, pretty much. In the lore, basic necrons have as much autonomy as a Roomba. They don't have a lot of personality going on, and are just told what to do.

You could always give them names for fun though! The leader could always be a hub of control from the tomb world, or some other reason you invent.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline kim

« Reply #2 on: October 6, 2018, 05:10:33 AM »
As I assumed. I understand it's to make ppl able to play KT with a box of warriors, though not sure if that is viable, will see.  :)

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: October 6, 2018, 07:46:11 AM »
Warriors are decent in KT. Average save, good toughness, decent primary weapon due to the AP value. Nothing special but they work.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #4 on: October 6, 2018, 08:37:08 AM »
Also, they are the cheapest option, so are good for flushing out numbers and holding objectives.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: October 7, 2018, 07:07:42 PM »
Flayed ones are the cheapest option. You can take 10 in a normal list which can be difficult for some armies to deal with.