News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Orange you glad I didn't say Iyanden  (Read 668 times)

Offline Orange

Re: Orange's Iyanden
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2017, 08:48:43 PM »
Long time no see!

Just got back from a whirlwind trip to the US and haven’t really been keeping up with the forums, I I’ve got a bit to come back and read.

I got back to Looshkin’s very generous gift of the old Web of Skulls Dark Realer exarch, and am  looking forward to getting some paint on him. But after that, I really need to figure out an army list with the new codex and start getting a legal army painted and on the table. There’s a lot to think about with the new rules, but I think I like what I see so far.

Unfortunately wraith constructs didn’t get objective secured, so I’m going to need to start by getting some actual troops... didn’t really want to use guardians but it looks like they are the way to go. Will see what I can come up with.

And blog name changed, love it Ynnead!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 08:51:09 PM by Orange »

Offline Cavalier

• High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Renegade Autarch
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: Orange you glad I didn't say Iyanden
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2017, 07:49:25 AM »
Hey bud. I think you are off to a good start with what you have painted. Wraithguard and Dark Reapers are heavy hitters that are auto-include for me. Scorpions have made the cut as well in my Alaitoc/Stealth wing, but should do well with the Iyanden trait going in against hopeless odds... which is very Iyanden.

Guardians look really good from where I'm sitting as well. I'm running 1x20 which will be webway-ing in with my Wraithguard, an additional 1x10 Defenders and then 1x10 Stormies as a screening unit.

Anyway can't wait to see what makes the cut and what units you'll be posting next. Just love your stuff man. Keep us posted!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2017, 10:21:28 AM »
Hope the trip was fun! Glad you like the name suggestion ;)

Not that I game much, but I hear Dire Avengers are a solid pick for troops as well. Slightly different tack to Guardians in that min-squads of 5 is the way to go, but gives you another option to get your Wraiths to the table :)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2017, 03:49:33 AM »
Excellent models, love the yellow and the overall neat and crisp finish. Great job!

The oval gem on her chest bugs me and I still don't feel like it's right, might have another go at it.

I actually agree with you here - imho, the gem lacks the dark area at the top. If you make a white dot to represent a sharp glint, that dot should basically be on black - otherwise it doesn't look natural.

The Iyanna herself looks fantastic though :)
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus