News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Legion of the Fleshy Curse 1500pts Vs Tyranid Vanguard Swarm  (Read 1427 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Right, played two games today. Only going to do a Bat-rep for the second.

My list was as such.

HQ

Chaos Lord-160pts
Termiantor Armour
Mark of Tzeentch
DeathScreamer

Greater Deamon

Elites

Posessed-232pts
x7
Icon of Tzeentch
Champion

Troops

Chaos Marines-255pts
10 chaos marines
Champ w/powerfist
X2 meltaguns
Icon of Chaos Glory
Rhino

Chaos Marines-255pts
10 chaos marines
Champ w/powerfist
X2 meltaguns
Icon of Chaos Glory
Rhino

Chaos Marines-245pts
10 chaos marines
Champ w/powerfist
X2 flamers
Icon of Chaos Glory
Rhino

Landraider-240pts
Daemonic Possession

His list was a Tyranid Vanguard swarm themed list.

Broodlord with S6 and genestealer retinue.

three eight man genestealer units. Each equipped differently but all with scuttlers.

Two lictors

three quite large units of guants with spinefists and without number. They could outflank.

So, he had lots of potential ways to ignore my saves. However, his ability to damage my armour was...minimal.

The table was heavily urban. Lots of intact buildings scattered around which we counter as having armour 12. Here is a crappy paint map of the..map. The table was cut almost fully in half by water which ended in a bay in the top right corner in which a dock was extended into. The water was treated as difficult ground. The grey blobs all are intact buildings, but the top left is a series of fortifications and the blob to the right of that is a ruin. Red marks are the objectives.

So, the majority of the objectives are in the left side, which is pretty much easily enclosed due to the centre building in a nasty little choke point. Tricky set up, as the left and right sides of the table could not actively support each other due to the massive building in the centre.

One can tell, the mission we rolled was the multiple objective one...Really need to learn the names of these things...Oh well. The deployment was table quarters and I won first turn and all that good stuff.

As my whole army was mechanized, and I knew that he was going to outflank essentially the whole army, I felt pretty safe no matter how I deployed. Thus I was focused on how I was going to try and capture objectives and hold them. I divided my force evenly with the hopes that the Big Daemon could support which ever side needed it. I was confident that no matter which champion I killed, the Daemon would be far better.

So, I deployed the Landraider, with possessed and lord and a meltagun squad Rhino on the left flank in between the water and the one building. Where as the other two Rhinos deployed at the southern edge of the water just to the left of the most southern-central building.

He deployed his broodlord and pals behind the fortifications, well out of Line of sight. Everything else was in reserve. I kept the first turn, and the possessed rolled power weapons.

Turn 1.

Chaos

I didn't want to commit myself until his reserves started coming in, and I was sure that I would not be able to target the broodlord and pals until he was ready to strike. I moved the Landraider and the accompanying rhino right to the left side of the central building, to counter attack any out flankers on the left. While on the right flank both rhinos drove full out toward the bay. None of my transports had any trouble with difficult terrain. Thankfully.

Tyranids

He did absolutely nothing.

Turn 2

Chaos

My transports on my left flank stood their ground where they were. In pretty good positions to go to any of the objectives. But I was not about to go too near the edges just yet. On the right flank, both Rhinos arrive at the building at the bay.

Tyranids

All his reserves come in, besides the Lictors. He has one Gaunt brood come in on the right flank and the entire rest of the force walk and then run on the left side. he has two genestealer broods to the south of the most left building, while two gaunt broods give cover to a third genestealer brood more to the north. The broodlord and pals begin scurrying south through the fortifications. He charges the broodlord and a basic genestealer unit into a rhino, but only manage to shake it.

Turn 3

Chaos

My Greater Deamon comes in, and I sacrifice the posessed champion and drop the Daemon right in front of a genestealer unit, while the landraider drives over the river south to unload the possessed and lord in front of another. The Passengers of the rhino on the left flank disembark and move toward the most north genestealer brood, avoiding the Guant shield. On the right flank, the flamer rhino drives northwest to aid my marines on the left flank, while the other unit disembarks and moves to rapid-death the gaunts on the dock.

In shooting, my squad on the left flank shoots at the genestealer brood near them, which goes to ground and looses only three models. The lord attempts to shoot his deathscreamer at the genestealers near him, but the sword punches him instead and he suffers a wound. The marines on the dock kill the majority of the gaunts on the dock, forcing them to run quite a distance west, toward the brood lord.

So, lord and possessed charge one Genestealer unit and the Greater Damon charges another. The only other genestealer broods are the one with the broodlord and the one thats pinned.

Combats go well enough. Greater Daemon kills three Genestealers, but suffers two wounds in response. While the lord and Possessed wipe out their target and loose two possessed in return. lord consolidates a bit south to avoid being possibly shot/charged by gaunts.

Tyranids

Both lictors come in. One misfires, so I place it in some woods near the very top/centre of the table, while the other pops in behind my landraider. Broodlord and pals move around the rhino to charge my marines that shot the genestealers, while a squad of gaunts moved south to shoot my lord and possessed, while another entered the building to the far left. The fleeing gaunts kept running.

His shooting, is the one unit of gaunts into my lord and possessed and accomplish nothing. He charges the Broodlords retinue into my chaos marine unit. He kills the whole unit down to the champion and two meltagun marines, while my unit champion punches two genestealers to death with his powerfist. I hold, fortunately enough. The combat with the Greater Daemon results in me killing two more 'stealers, and suffering no wounds in return. His 'stealers still hold. A lictor charges the landraider and totally chokes.

Turn 4

Chaos

Flamer Rhino moves 12" toward the fortification and disembarks it's passengers just above the centre ruins to shoot his lictor up there. My landraider pivots to shoot the other. Lord and possessed move to support my daemon, while the marine squad on my far right flank moves to capture the objective by the bay. Their Rhino flies south-west to support my left.
    In shooting, my rhino kills two of the no-longer-pinned genestealers, leaving the squad at two models, and the flamer squad nukes the Lictor, though the landraider only takes a wound off the one near it.
    In assault Lord and possessed charge into the existing combat with the Daemon and 'Stealers and I wipe 'em out with one wound left on the Daemon. Both units consolidate north and west, with the daemon in front to accept any charges. The combat with my chaos marine squad and broodlord ends quickly with the broodlord killing off my remaining models with ease.

Tyranids

on his left, the unit of gaunts out of the building move into potential charge range of my Daemon. The remaining 'stealers all head toward my landraider. His 'in the open' gaunts, finish off my Daemon with their shooting, while the building guants kill off one possessed. His fleeing gaunts shoot at my marines that killed the lictor, and do nothing. The lictor still does absolutely no damage to the landradier.

Turn 5

Chaos

Right, I start by re-embarking the lictor-killing unit and drive their rhino onto the fortification objective. Lord and possessed get ready to kill guants. Landraider tries to kill 'stealers from brood lords squad, but my failure to roll hits and wounds prevents me from killing any :P.
   So, in the assault phase the Lord gets eight attacks and kills five guants, while the possessed kill five more. I win combat by ten, while he has like four models left. He is unable to pass ten saves and I consolidate the unit onto the most bottom-left objective. This is in hope to contest it if anything.

Tyranids

He brings back on the one guant unit right above my unit near the bay. His remaining genestealers all go to beat-up my lord and possessed. His shooting is inefficient, however his genestealers kill off my lord and all the possessed. His 'without number' gaunts on my right could not make a charge (to pull me off the objective) even with a move+fleet.

At this point the game ends. I am in control of two objectives and he is in control of one, thus victory is mine :).

Thanks for reading. This will be my last game until September :(
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Scyrex Deledras

Re: Legion of the Fleshy Curse 1500pts Vs Tyranid Vanguard Swarm
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 11:11:11 AM »
(Late reply) Another great report, Squid, although pity at the lack of pictures. Still, a victory is a victory. Have a great summer, and hope to see more reports in September!

Offline Satanic Joker Jester

• Armies: Eldar
Re: Legion of the Fleshy Curse 1500pts Vs Tyranid Vanguard Swarm
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 02:30:33 PM »
Nice report, well played,  was at the GW?  I think i might pop in there tomorrow for a game or two myself..

We need to have some more matches when you get back!
another day, just breathe.

Looking for a new army project...
Eldar         Necrons
6-0-1       4-1-1

Possible, that it could all be wonderful~
Sweet the sound, as all the stars come crashing down~