News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Girls and Warhammer  (Read 7001 times)

Offline Master of Webways

Girls and Warhammer
« on: May 8, 2008, 09:05:13 AM »
My girfriend used to get annoyed with watching me playing warhammer all the time...

So she started so she could join in...

Now she's addicted :P

However... she's never had a female oppenent.

Does anyone else know if girls are into warhammer?
Strength D20

Offline 666_Mutley_666

• Mass debating - a filthy group habbit!
Re: Girls and Warhammer
« Reply #1 on: May 8, 2008, 09:16:20 AM »
at my local club there is almost 200 members, of that there are 4 girls one of which is married to the owner
oink is a nancy!

Offline Master of Webways

« Reply #2 on: May 8, 2008, 09:23:52 AM »
Good to here. And wow 200 members?!
Strength D20

Offline 666_Mutley_666

• Mass debating - a filthy group habbit!
« Reply #3 on: May 8, 2008, 09:31:38 AM »
yea its not all 40k tho they play about 20+ different systems down there, and has two different evenings, tuesdays for card players and thursdays for table top gamers
oink is a nancy!

Offline vendettaseve

« Reply #4 on: May 8, 2008, 09:58:17 AM »
Its a rare thing indeed. Usually its Girlfriends of people who play, and they arent usually very into it. Sometimes it works out well tho :)

Having said that why dont you just get her to get a few of her friends to play, loan your army out for learning :) good luck.

Offline Xeal

• Nothing says free time, like modifying an avatar.
« Reply #5 on: May 8, 2008, 10:31:28 AM »
Why By all that is holy and unholy, that of the material world and of that which be cybespace, do these topics keep repeating!

Somebody please create a 40k girls play sticky and stop the madness.

Offline pathfinder

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • army funded with lotto winnings since 1996
« Reply #6 on: May 8, 2008, 10:45:54 AM »
Why By all that is holy and unholy, that of the material world and of that which be cybespace, do these topics keep repeating!

Somebody please create a 40k girls play sticky and stop the madness.
because for all time this has bothered many heck there was a WD article on it but yeah what is two of these a month?

Offline NewHeretic

• Same Heretic, New God | Ork Boy
« Reply #7 on: May 8, 2008, 01:03:25 PM »
Now don't accuse me of being sexist, because I'm not.  I'm speaking in generalizations, not stereotypes.

The truth is that men and women are wired differently: physically, emotionally, and mentally.  By 'mentally', I mean that we tend toward different learning styles.  The learning styles include Visual, Auditory, Kinesthetic, Spacial, Mathematical/Logical, Interpersonal, Intrapersonal, and the newest one to be added, Natural.  Each of us tends toward one or more of these as the best way in which we learn, but in general, men tend more toward logical thinking than women do.  (I'm a teacher, by the way.)

Wargames are tactical, strategic, mathematical games that require lots of logical thinking.  This is not something that most women are naturally drawn to, so they don't tend to be interested in these types of games.  There are always exceptions.  That's the nature of a generalization -- it is true in most cases, not in all.

That's why I don't worry that my wife finds such games mind-numbingly boring and thinks they're childish.  I feel the same way about sewing and scrapbooking.  That doesn't make either of us wrong, just different in our personal preferences, which happen to fit the learning style generalizations well.

NewHeretic
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

NewHeretic, forum policeman.

Offline SpetZoo

• The Undertaker!!
  • Knipps Knipps!
« Reply #8 on: May 8, 2008, 02:09:25 PM »
My girlfriend usually fries my poor orks with her plasma heavy Dark angels army.  ;D
I know Rasmus!
No really! I do. He beats my armies all the time!

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
« Reply #9 on: May 8, 2008, 04:28:59 PM »
I don't know what you're talking about.  Girls tend to love 40K.  I mean, what's not to like?  If you are a girl, you tend to like guys.  And lots of guys play 40K.  So therefore logic dicktates that girls also love 40K.
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN

Offline NewHeretic

« Reply #10 on: May 8, 2008, 05:08:52 PM »
I don't know what you're talking about.  Girls tend to love 40K.  I mean, what's not to like?  If you are a girl, you tend to like guys.  And lots of guys play 40K.  So therefore logic dicktates that girls also love 40K.

Ahh.  And there's the flaw in your logic, my friend.  Girls, generally speaking, don't think logically.   :D

NewHeretic
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

Offline Catachan Devil Sniper

• Bad Trader Nuff said - BANNED
  • SEIG ZEON!
    • Auzzie'z HQ (Gundam, 40K, tanks and airplane model builders talk and read about models)
« Reply #11 on: May 8, 2008, 06:39:12 PM »
My 14 year old sister who is a prep (kind of girl you see in American Eagle ads) plays Space Wolfs with Inquestion. She 'NEEDED' a girl commander somewhere in her army so I bought her a Witch Hunter Inqustor. She got into it becuase of watchin my playing DOW and Firewarrior and I think she liked this one guy her age who plays...but shes hooked. Her army is 1250 pts of SW and 300 pts of Witch Hunters.

And my girlfriend plays also. She plays her own custom made Space Marine chapter called 'The Iron Hawks'. She teams up with my sis and faces me all the time. To tell the truth...I met her one time at GW...she walked in by mistake and well it sparked we can say :D
You can take over ANY goverment with the right amount of TNT!
Vin Diesel made a go cart that ran on the hopes and dreams of orphans, it goes fast

Armies: Zeonic Guard 'Zeon's Devils', 72nd Trench Rats, D-99, Night Lords 'Razors in the Night', Imperial Fists, Emperor's Dragons (SM), Tau

Owner of a 1990 Buick Riviera, 08 Kawaski Ninja 650R Motorcycle
GS for the Xbox 360 now is 10,135 pts

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
  • Ancient
« Reply #12 on: May 8, 2008, 06:52:31 PM »
Christ on a stick! not this one again. This thread comes up every few months and yes, there are some female gamers out there.

The Search function is so under used on this forum...

Offline NewHeretic

« Reply #13 on: May 8, 2008, 08:46:05 PM »
Christ on a stick! not this one again. This thread comes up every few months and yes, there are some female gamers out there.

The Search function is so under used on this forum...

Well, if you don't enjoy participating in such discussions, no one is requiring it of you.  And using the Search Function for this kind of an issue will only get a poster accused of Threadromancy, which is against forum rules.  If it comes up that often, it is obviously a topic which players enjoy discussing and, because of its subjective nature, no consensus can ever be assumed to have been reached, so the appropriate way to discuss it is to begin a new thread every once in a while in which anyone interested can voice their opinion.

Or were you just being facetious?   ;D

NewHeretic
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

Offline BudgieGuard

« Reply #14 on: May 8, 2008, 10:44:22 PM »
Residents get sick of seeing the same old questions/threads.
Terms like; "Using the search feature." and "Threadromancy." are what residents use to establish to someone bringing something back.

It's not a bad thing.
Move on and have your conversation.

Also, my girlfriend is into 40k, more than me.
Damn her Slaanesh army.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2008, 10:46:13 PM by BudgieGuard »

Offline Andro Ist Keine Schwedischen

• Da Biggest; His Fluffiness; Warboss
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #15 on: May 8, 2008, 10:52:39 PM »
Thing is, there's another similar thread that's still on the front page of this very board.  There always is. 

Hense why we get bored of seeing them, again and again.

And really, I'm sure it's not too hard to see the obvious answer.  Most women do not like 40k.  Just like most men have no interest in nail vanish.

~Andromidius
aka. Boris the Bear

Offline NewHeretic

« Reply #16 on: May 8, 2008, 10:59:57 PM »
Thing is, there's another similar thread that's still on the front page of this very board.  There always is. 

This is a very valid point and, because of it, I agree in this case.  But, generally speaking, I've learned to just skip over threads I'm not interested in.  Maybe that's why I haven't reached 5,000 posts yet.   :D

NewHeretic
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

Offline Da_Moose

• 8th Cadia FTW!!
« Reply #17 on: May 9, 2008, 03:34:34 AM »
may i just point out that id say about 80% of girl players play SOB, not really to do with the topic
<Enter signature here>

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
« Reply #18 on: May 9, 2008, 10:14:05 AM »
Lots of guyz like this sort of topic because it includes both of their favorite interests in life - girls and 40K (not necessarilly in that order)
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN

Offline Bert_the_Turtle

• Major
  • Rule #1: Pillage THEN burn.
« Reply #19 on: May 9, 2008, 11:54:26 AM »
Lots of guyz like this sort of topic because it includes both of their favorite interests in life - girls and 40K (not necessarilly in that order)

I think its more like... Bird Watching. We get to report on sightings of the rare Female Double Breasted Wargamer and can compete for who has the most and best sightings on their life list.

Ok, I admit I deserve a smack upside the head for that one.

"You know the other team is f'd when we're using military hand signals to communicate  :P" -My Buddy Himitsu