News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Free Orky Signature Bars  (Read 9566 times)

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
  • Without Conflict, there is no life.
Free Orky Signature Bars
« on: November 5, 2008, 08:17:36 PM »
    FREE ORKY SIGNATURE BARS/BANNERS  Last Update:Febuary 23rd (at 6:15 pm)

I will regularly update this post with new bars and banners, keep your eyes open!

These Sig Bars are for public use!
    Feel free to:
    • Copy them
    • Change them(resize,re-color,re-do,re-write){Suggestion: Use an image editing program like Photoshop or MS Paint for best results. There are even some browser based image-editing programs, try searching for "online image editor"}
    • Make them your own!
    • USE THEM!
    ;D ;D ;D ;D

About Them
    I made these Orky sig bars because:
    • I had time on my hands
    • I think sig bars are cool
    • Lots of Ork players on 40KO don't have one
    • They are blank(or have blank versions) so you can add your own text
    • I could host them on photobucket.com(sorry Imageshack/Flikr/other people, I might have time to fix this later,but that shouldn't affect your copying of them)
    • Important Note:Warhammer, 40K & other terms ®, © Games Workshop, Ltd. No infringement of their copyright is intended.

Easy steps to getting your signature bar to work(as is)

To Get the Signature bar to follow your posts: 
    • You must be logged into your account
    • Find the signature bar of your choice
    • Look for the "Direct Link here" (usually beneath the image) and follow the link
    • Copy the URL in the address bar that the link takes you to(you should see a preview of the bar)
    • Return to 40k Online and close the link window (if link opened in a new window)
    • Then go to "USER CP" at the top of this page (between "Search" and "My Messages") and follow the link
    • Find the "My Profile" link and follow that
    • Find the White box marked "Modify Profile" and click the link below marked "Forum Profile"
    • Find the area marked "Signature"
    • In the white box paste the Copied URL between Image display brackets

Example:[ img]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Warhammer%2040k/sigbarwork.jpg[/img] will look like this

IMPORTANT NOTE:in the above example you will have to remove the space in the first image bracket in order for it to work. If you dont know how to use image brackets please read the article on them here

I'm not putting my own signature on any of them because your use of them is credit enough.
    Enjoy

GW ARTWORK BARS

New Ork Codex Bar

Direct link here

AOBR Bar

Direct link here

Old Ork Codex Bar

Direct link here

Ork Biker Bar

Direct link here

ORK UNIT BARS

Ork Shoota Bar

Direct link here

Ork Burna bar

Direct link here
    -Blank version of bar here

Grot bar

Direct link here

Weirdboy bar

Direct link here

Biker bar

Direct link here

New!Ork army bars

Direct link here

Direct link here

ORK CLAN BARS

Evil Sunz BarVersion 1.5

Direct link here
    -Version 1.0 avaliable here

Bad Moonz Bar

Direct link here
    Small Version, by Gutstikk

Goffs Bar

Direct link here

Death Skullz Bar

Direct link here
    -"DeffSkullz" version here

Snakebite Bar

Direct link here

New!Blood Axe Bar

Direct link here

NEW!FREEBOOTERS Bars

direct link here

Direct link here

Direct link here

Direct link here

USER REQUESTS

Weirdboy bar w/ green tint request by Tanuvein

Direct link here

In 'da shop... (coming soon)
    • 2.0 Clan Banners
    • More Codex Artwork bars
    • More User Requested bars

MORE TO COME!
    Watch out for New and Frequent updates and new Versions!

Do you have a request or a specific image in mind?
    Do you have a change or an improvement on an existing signature bar?
    Do you just not have enough time, experience, or creativity to do it yourself?
    Then make your request! All requests will be read and considered for creation, all chosen to be created will be completed usually with in the hour of my reading. PM ME YOUR REQUESTS TODAY!
    [/list][/list][/list]
    « Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 09:17:49 PM by Grimfang »

Caladonia and Gallosias Peace conference date pushed back     Tunuarian Cleanup operation underway, Unemployment in Albibis down additional 10%     CNSE -5  GSN -2     New Research into Industrial power for both empires.

Offline Ollieb

• Ancient
    • I'm only here for the beer!
    Re: Free Orky Signature Bars
    « Reply #1 on: November 5, 2008, 11:03:13 PM »
    Nice.  If only there was one with a Deffskull motif.  For everyone else please don't reply to this, I'll create a new thread to give him kudos.  With Grim's permission I'll sticky this for eternity.
    « Last Edit: November 5, 2008, 11:05:10 PM by Ollieb »
    Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary.  You know you will probably not like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
    • Orks is never beaten. only banned
      • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
    « Reply #2 on: November 7, 2008, 09:26:02 AM »
    Here's what I call Green Pride!  Grimfang, you'z got my Official Approval to do any Green Vanguard Banners that you want.  Show 'em that we'z GREEN!

Waagghhh!
    Boss Solorg
    BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
    • Lazerous Penguin
    • Armies: Grey Knights
    « Reply #3 on: November 7, 2008, 10:25:49 AM »
    Can you do a Goff one for me Grimfang?

It would make me a happy meganob if you did :)

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
    • Orks is never beaten. only banned
      • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
    « Reply #4 on: November 7, 2008, 10:29:03 AM »
    Here is a bonus Sig for the cause.  It was originally designed for the Green Demon.  It can also be printed out and used as a banner for your army.  Enjoy!

Also available: direct link for larger image:
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z239/sol_hawk/Vanguard.jpg
    « Last Edit: November 7, 2008, 10:31:10 AM by Boss Solorg »
    BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
    « Reply #5 on: November 7, 2008, 05:16:14 PM »
    Grimfang , that squigoth one is perfact!

Thanks!
    Maybe the regiment consists entirely of Ninjas who were orphaned by Dark Eldar slavers. With a score to settle, these black clad night assassins fight against their hated parent-murderers with laser shurikens and untold ferocity.

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
    « Reply #6 on: November 7, 2008, 06:15:31 PM »
    Please post all questions, comments, and requests in the this thread
    ALL POSTS WILL BE READ AND ALL REQUESTS TAKEN ACCOUNT OF. WHEN A REQUEST POST BECOMES OBSOLETE IT WILL BE CLEARED.

Thank you,

« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 02:33:38 PM by Grimfang »

Caladonia and Gallosias Peace conference date pushed back     Tunuarian Cleanup operation underway, Unemployment in Albibis down additional 10%     CNSE -5  GSN -2     New Research into Industrial power for both empires.

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
    • Ancient
    • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
    • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
    « Reply #7 on: November 8, 2008, 01:36:38 PM »
    You should make these smaller, there is a height limit on signatures- about 10 lines of default font-sized text (including the image).  For people with no text these banners are fine, but they're so large that most users with text in their signatures will be put over the limit by these banners.

The Grot Oiler banner is more manageable in size.  There is a large amount of negative white space in the other Boss Solorg banners, that could be cropped and help the height issue without even resizing.

To be maybe a little more explicit, the precise rules on images in Sigs are as follows:

7) There is a limit to how large your signature can be:
    1. Images can be no wider than 600 pixels and no taller than 150 pixels.
    2. Multiple images may be used so long as they don't exceed 150 pixels total height and are no wider than 600 pixels. Stacking text over/under/between images with a total of 150 pixels in height is not ok either.
    3. There are no restrictions on the amount of text you can use besides the limit of 500 characters which is preset in the forum software. Do not, however, format your text in such a way that it is obnoxious.
    4. Images used on this site should be less than 200KB.

Which to my knowledge have not been breached however please consider that often people include text. To avoid over-sized signatures it may be beneficial to not have such high images as it's often more aesthetically pleasing and also means people have more space to put text before an unpleasant scroll bar kicks in.
    - Fal
    « Last Edit: November 8, 2008, 02:43:26 PM by Fal »
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts
         -The Masao
    "Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
    « Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 03:40:45 PM »

You should make these smaller, there is a height limit on signatures- about 10 lines of default font-sized text (including the image).  For people with no text these banners are fine, but they're so large that most users with text in their signatures will be put over the limit by these banners.

The Grot Oiler banner is more manageable in size.  There is a large amount of negative white space in the other Boss Solorg banners, that could be cropped and help the height issue without even resizing.

Mr. Peanut brings up a very valid point in that most of the sig bars are large and would cause issue to those who also include text in there signature bars. I make the sig bars to the maimum size possible to include the most of of the arwork and so that not so much of the detail is lost in the initial resize fo the artwork.
    In the future I will hopefully have completed writing my short tutorial on re-sizing the sig bars to whatever size the user wants, I also intened to offer half size/third-size versions of the bars or versions that are specially fitted to users requests like Ollieb and Gutstikk (Example)
    But I want to make it clear that I am not resposible for how the user uses the bar and that it is not my responsibility to resize the bar but that of the individual user.
    as stated before, I will gladly resize any particular bar for any user, but as of yet I am more concerned with putting out new content rather than modifying the old.
    If you have questions or comments or requests post them
    Here
    please

Thank you again-

Offline Improvedd

• Newest
    • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
    « Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 02:12:35 PM »
    Cool looks great

Offline Tanuvein

• Ork Boy
    • Da weirdest boyz da bestest!
    « Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 11:13:05 PM »
    Thanks for the Wierdboy Solorg banner! I really appreciate it.
    What can change the nature of a man?

It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?

Offline TastyPavlova

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2008, 01:28:42 AM »
    thx for this. I might edit some, but before that Ill place one of my own in my sig, then maybe Ill edit one of these or make one of these myself! yay :)

these are really helpful thank you.
    If a job's worth doing, it's worth dying for...

Just returning to 40K, I'll be starting up again with Imperial Guard.

Offline Janek Sunber

• Any job worth doing is worth dying for.
    « Reply #12 on: December 16, 2008, 03:07:38 PM »
    Could you do a signature bar with a Mekboy or Gretchin with a santa hat giving orks gubbinz for christmas? It sounds pretty hard, so I dunno, but it'd be lovely to see!  ;D
    Star Wars Galaxies Character: - Caffran Cloudrunner (Stormtrooper, Server: Starsider)
                                                - Friszk Fizzlebolt (Trandoshan Warsmith, Server: Starsider)

Vassal 40k Name:                   - Caffran Cloudrunner

If you roleplay, I'm more than happy to play online with you!

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
    « Reply #13 on: December 16, 2008, 04:38:17 PM »
    Yes I think I can do that, It might not turn out as satisfactory as some may like it, but I'll do my best.

Im hoping you mean gubbinz as in gunz/mechanical bits/things orks might enjoy as gifts/teef.

Offline Janek Sunber

• Any job worth doing is worth dying for.
    « Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 01:27:36 PM »
    I totally do. Shootas with little gift wrap specially for Da Boss!  ;D  ;D  ;D
    Star Wars Galaxies Character: - Caffran Cloudrunner (Stormtrooper, Server: Starsider)
                                                - Friszk Fizzlebolt (Trandoshan Warsmith, Server: Starsider)

Vassal 40k Name:                   - Caffran Cloudrunner

If you roleplay, I'm more than happy to play online with you!

Offline Warboss88

• WWWWWAAAAAAAGH!
    « Reply #15 on: December 28, 2008, 09:25:01 PM »
    oo nice could you make a Snakebite one
    All A Propa Ork Needz iz a Choppa an' shoota none ov dat der junk dat da meks keep comin up wif
                             -Kylsnik Ironhead Snakebite Warboss of the Ironhead tribe

Offline O.I.C.

• Ork Skarboy
    « Reply #16 on: January 6, 2009, 12:19:23 PM »

what..none for the upcomeing valentins day?  8(

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
    « Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 10:59:02 PM »
    Sorry about my recent lack of updates; Academics, Employment, and Girlfriend have kept me occupied as of late.
    I'm goin to try my best to keep up with the holiday/user request/new version bars.

Seeing is how the Green Vanguard is no longer a Waaaagh I do not see much reason in keeping the vanguard banners up, if even for the purpose of nosalgia.
    I do intened to offer blank and re-sized versions of the bars.
    The GV bars will be removed soon, unless some major opposition(however unlikely) arises.

thanks to everyone already sporting one of my sig bars, its nice knowing your work
                                                                  is appriciated, thanks-

Offline O.I.C.

• Ork Skarboy
    « Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 11:34:33 PM »

thanks for da orky luv mate!!

OIC

Offline fowlplaychiken

• Newest
    « Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 09:38:43 AM »
    OMG I love you:-d stealing one now!