News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Dark Eldar win Sudbury GT  (Read 6719 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Dark Eldar win Sudbury GT
« on: June 4, 2018, 10:34:20 AM »
So, a buddy of mine recently won the 62 player Basement Collective Grant Tournament with a pure Dark Eldar list. I thought you folks might want to see what the army was.

Black Heart Battalion
Archon Venomblade, Splinter Pistol – Living Muse Relic. Warlord.
Archon Venomblade, Splinter Pistol
5 Kabalite Warriors – Blaster
5 Kabalite Warriors - Blaster
5 Kabalite Warriors - Blaster
Ravager x3 Disintegrator Cannons
X2 Disintergrator Raiders.

Prophets of Flesh Spearhead
Heamonculus, Splinter Pistol, Tools
Talos Unit
X2  (1 with Stinger/Scalpel,flails, 1 with x2 haywire, scalpel, flails)
Talos Unit
X2  (1 with Stinger/Scalpel,flails, 1 with x2 haywire, scalpel, flails)
Cronos

Cult of Strife Battalion
Lelith
Sccubus
5 wyches
5 wyches
5 wyches
Tantalus

It was a five round event.
Round 1 vs Guard/Blood Angels.
Round 2 vs Space Marines.
Round 3 Was vs a list with a couple flying Hive Tyrants and like 7 Carnifex
Round 4, Was against Thousand Sons/ Alpha Legion with 4 daemon princes, Arhiman, 27 Greatbow Tzzangor Enlightened and (between both detachments) over 80 cultists.
Round 5 was Vs Ynnari, not sure of the list.

It's pretty exciting to see Dark Eldar win an event.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: Dark Eldar win Sudbury GT
« Reply #1 on: June 4, 2018, 11:37:49 AM »
When I first saw the Codex I knew Skari was gonna take the world by storm. So stoked to see him tear it up with a great codex that perfectly matches his playstyle. I heard him give a brief breakdown of his games and I'm thoroughly impressed.

The last game was against 16 Y'nnari Shining Spears. It sounds like Skari freaked him out with some clever moves mid-game forcing him to make some mistakes and then jumped all over him.

So happy to see Dark Eldar doing good and having a chance at tournaments. They should be hard to play, but it shouldn't be near impossible for them to take the grand prize at a GT level event. Props to Skari the guys is trooper for sticking with the DE and a great player.
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #2 on: June 4, 2018, 12:40:05 PM »
Yeah, Skari is a phenomenal player. There is a good reason he is on team Canada for the ETC. It's just cool seeing dark eldar in the lead.

Also, apparently there is a strategem that can let the Tantalus shoot twice? That'd be disgusting.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: June 4, 2018, 06:29:45 PM »
Is this the same Skari from the Skaredcast channel on youtube? Seen some of his batreps, really cool guy :), love his enthusiasm and devotion to the Dark Kin!!!
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: June 4, 2018, 06:37:38 PM »
It is a clever list, there are threats all over the place, that would be hard work just sorting out target priority.

• Ancient
« Reply #5 on: June 4, 2018, 07:06:11 PM »
Is this the same Skari from the Skaredcast channel on youtube? Seen some of his batreps, really cool guy :), love his enthusiasm and devotion to the Dark Kin!!!

Yeah he is the one and the same.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #6 on: June 4, 2018, 09:54:46 PM »

Great guy to play against.  The games are always enjoyable... as long as you can get past the constant "glak glak glak" sound that every gun in the galaxy makes lol  ;D

He used to be a regular at my LGS way back in the day before he moved up north.  The dude was able to take Dark Eldar and make them twisted, even when the codex wasn't considered "good."
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #7 on: June 4, 2018, 10:35:13 PM »
Oooh, if I recall correctly, Skari used to visit the 40k online forum right? I think his first bat reps were here. It's cool you guys know each other! Small world, huh? ;D

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #8 on: June 4, 2018, 11:41:53 PM »
I didn't think he was, but then I checked and turns out he did frequent the boards back in 2012.

I had no idea lol
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #9 on: June 5, 2018, 12:26:18 AM »
Yeah that's when I started following him. Skari and another small channel focused on craftworld Eldar are what got me into watching video battle reports. Now I've branched into Striking Scorpion82, Tabletop Tactics, and Warhammer online too. Amazing that Skari primarily still runs DE. Don't think I've ever seen him use anything else ;D

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #10 on: June 5, 2018, 02:31:48 AM »
Cav! You have to drag him back here, he can surely teach us all plenty of things :D

Can we find the batreps, or a summary of the tournament somewhere?
« Last Edit: June 5, 2018, 02:34:49 AM by Grizzlykin »
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #11 on: June 5, 2018, 06:55:59 AM »
@Grizzlykin- lol! I wish I could! But I know he's super busy maintaining his channel, his patreon, his own FB group and practicing for the ETC. I can help out a bit though... I'm gonna be interviewing him on Thursday for the next episode of the podcast. I've been dying to talk to Skari for a long time so should be very interesting. I'll make sure to let him know the 40konline Crew is rooting for him.

@Everybody- Yeah Skari is just an amazing player. I spent most of 5th edition re-painting and building my army (updating from my hodgepodge 2nd ed. collection) and watching tons of videos from Skari. Its really where I learned the core concepts of the game. Skari has amazing foresight into seeing multiple turns ahead and when to sacrifice a unit to make crucial gains in a game. He's got one of the most fluid playstyles I've ever seen... and it really matches the fluff of his army the Kabal of the Deadly Mist. Anybody struggling in games, especially with Eldar, I highly recommend watching his videos and the tactical corner where he explains his thought process. Really thought provoking stuff.

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
« Reply #12 on: June 5, 2018, 06:23:30 PM »
Any recent video reps yall know of with the new dex?

Found him on another site and mentioned here too lol, so we will see.

Also, super psyched Cav to hear that you'll be interviewing him... not that I needed an excuse to listen to the podcast but now I have one!
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Skari

• "I will enjoy drinking out of your skull"
« Reply #13 on: June 5, 2018, 06:44:42 PM »
Hello fellow Archons, Heamonculus and Succubi... Skari here :D

You must all be planning to murder me at my victory banquet, such praise is met with much skepticism within the Dark City :D

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #14 on: June 5, 2018, 07:05:43 PM »
Congratulations on your tourney win, Skari :D, and on a side note, your tactica on the new Drukhari codex is good stuff ;D.

Offline Skari

« Reply #15 on: June 5, 2018, 07:09:13 PM »
You mean the unit by unit series ? I’m glad you like it !

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #16 on: June 5, 2018, 07:15:29 PM »
Congratulations on the win. I'm glad you didn't take my recommendations on adjusting your talos to solos and kept them in pairs, as it must have worked out very well for you. I am however very curious how your chronos faired and how the splinter pods worked out. I was going to quiz you at SGAs, if you were there this weekend, but as you're here now, I'd love to know how that talos/chronos combo worked out.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #17 on: June 5, 2018, 07:36:39 PM »
You mean the unit by unit series ? I’m glad you like it !

Yup, will prove very informative when I finally get around to collecting Dark Eldar. Not that that won't happen at the moment with half of the range and all of the bitz selling out like wildfire. One day, though!

Offline Skari

« Reply #18 on: June 5, 2018, 07:37:43 PM »
Stinger Pods are great! Used them to more effect than the haywire.

The cronos was good! Re roll wounds and repairing talos or itself . I want to run two.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #19 on: June 6, 2018, 10:14:24 AM »
Hello fellow Archons, Heamonculus and Succubi... Skari here :D

You must all be planning to murder me at my victory banquet, such praise is met with much skepticism within the Dark City :D

@Skari- lol... being near the the top is a scary place to be in the Dark City! lol Glad to see you back on the forums bud, old school banner and all. Looking forward to talking Thursday. Keep on rocking man, you are killing it!

@Faitherun- Thanks man. Yeah looking forward to it, if all goes well should be a great podcast. We've got another old forum member and world class painter joining the show. We'll be pulling a double session of recording but it should be a good one provided everything works out! Thanks man