News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000 - Drukhari - Cursed Blade+Flayed Skull  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
2000 - Drukhari - Cursed Blade+Flayed Skull
« on: May 10, 2018, 09:55:20 AM »
About me: I have been playing Drukhari since 7th edition so I am a bit of a noob and very willing to heed advice when it comes to this faction. I've done a lot of research, viewed nearly every review on youtube trying to make the most of my forces. I am currently 1-0-0 with Drukhari just one game which was a major win using Kabals only and basically shot my opponent off the board pretty easily (Marines don't enjoy disintegrators). If you see something in the list that can be improved I'd love to hear it.

+++ 104 - Drukhari (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) +++

++ Air Wing Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) ++
Detachment Attribute: Kabal of the Flayed Skull

+ Flyer +

Razorwing Jetfighter: Splinter Cannon, Disintegrator cannon x2

Voidraven: Two dark scythes, Voidraven Missiles

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) ++
Detachment Attribute: Cult of the Cursed Blade

+ HQ +

Succubus: Hydra gauntlets, Precision Blows, Traitor's Embrace

Succubus: Hydra gauntlets

Succubus: Hydra gauntlets

+ Troops +

10 xWyches: Hydra gauntlets x3
-Hekatrix: Power Sword, Splinter pistol

+ Elites +

10x Incubi

+ Fast Attack +

5x Scourges: Dark Lance x4

5x Scourges: Dark Lance x4

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider: Disintegrator cannon, Grisly Trophies

++ Total: [104 PL, 1996pts] ++

Game Plan: Depending on the opponent I may choose to stand back and gun them down while in the safety of my transports with all the disintegrator cannons and dark lances. Then push forward turn 3 or so when my fight phase is at it's strongest and clean up. Or I could use streaming jets and drop in to shoot turn 1 and assault turn 2 in the case that I am facing an opponent with superior firepower.

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
Re: 2000 - Drukhari - Cursed Blade+Flayed Skull
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 11:11:42 AM »
My only concern would be having the succubi out in the open and susceptible to deep strike shenanigans for targeting unless you bubble wrap them with raiders, but that really limits your deployment options.

I know you want to take full ten such squads to take advantage of the 3rd special weapon, but maybe taking a single raider with 5 wyches to make room some hqs may help. With only the raiders on the board to bubble wrap, I feel they are pretty exposed. The scourges and flyers are going to be moving around, so you don't want to tie them to your hqs.

I'd also switch out the lances from the scourges. Blasters do the same thing, are cheaper, and allow you mobility without taking a bs penalty. You should be dropping in your scourges as cleanup duty within the blasters range every time, so it shouldn't cause concern. I'd also try either a unit of shredders or a unit of haywire blasters instead of two units of blasters. The extra shots or mortal wounds will make a big difference. I don't know how many times I've whiffed with dark lance or blaster shots where a multiple shot weapon with lower damage would have performed better. Especially since you have so many disintegrators, you have plenty of distance shooting.

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
Re: 2000 - Drukhari - Cursed Blade+Flayed Skull
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 04:59:24 PM »
I would have to echo what dog_of_war said.

On top of that, I feel you are a tad Flyer heavy and CP Light. I'd consider dropping one flyer and picking up a Kabal. A raider can easily pack your HQ's and a 5 man warrior squad.

I would also strongly suggest you look at trading one Hydra Gauntlet per squad out to a Net and Impaler - Being able to tie things up can be very useful
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.