News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Dog of War's Multiple Army Project (Ork, Nurgle, Eldar, Dark Eldar)  (Read 57441 times)

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
Re: Dog of War's Multiple Army Project (Ork, Nurgle, Eldar, Dark Eldar)
« Reply #380 on: January 15, 2019, 09:54:10 PM »
Thanks guys. Snikrot is one of my all time favourite ork characters. Haven't had a ton of success with him on the table in a while, but hopefully that will change soon, if I ever get a game in post-new-codex.

Well, I've spent my last week cleaning up some units and getting them to look like a more cohesive force. I've started getting all the bases painted alike. Spent an entire night drilling slugga and shoota barrels. I also had to paint up one of my last nobs for one of my thirty boy units.

Grabbed the power klaw off an old metal nazdreg model, so he stands a little lop-sided. Adding a washer under the base really helped level off the model and stopped the constant tipping.

Next up, I'm not sure. I still have a load of orks that I have to assemble and paint. What shall it be? Old metal meganobz? Unopened battlewagon box? Shokk Attack Gun Big Mek or maybe just a good old nobz mob.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #381 on: January 22, 2019, 04:08:18 PM »
Great Kommando Nob, DoW, I'm loving the simplicity of the color scheme and the great effort that you've put into giving those few colors a lot of love and depth. The Beige / Black / Bronze makes him feel like a desert wolf! And that converted power klaw certainly adds an element of BAMF!

As for your next model, I would vote on the Shock Attack Gun, since I feel that'd be something refreshing and different after an entire unit of kommandos!
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #382 on: February 1, 2019, 12:12:16 PM »
Kickass haemi dude :)

Snikrot has to be one of my favourite ork models. I juat absolutely love the bug-eyed helmet/facemask he has :)

Great work all round!
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #383 on: February 1, 2019, 09:49:06 PM »
So so so orcie! Having to big heavy power fist goes so perfect since that's what Orcs do. Colors fit so well on him also and the eyes, those eyes are mesmerizing, great work as usual buddy.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #384 on: April 3, 2019, 05:42:10 AM »
Spent an entire night drilling slugga and shoota barrels. I also had to paint up one of my last nobs for one of my thirty boy units.

Thank you for raising this; nobody seems to talk about how painful drilling out boaters/sluggas/shootas/whatever is. It is so time consuming and makes me want to beat my head against a wall.

Still beats removing flash though, right??!!!

Next up, I'm not sure. I still have a load of orks that I have to assemble and paint. What shall it be? Old metal meganobz? Unopened battlewagon box? Shokk Attack Gun Big Mek or maybe just a good old nobz mob.

I'm pulling for the Shokk Attack Gun. Such a cool model with an old school feel to it.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #385 on: June 21, 2019, 10:08:38 AM »
Apologies for the massive absence. I've recently starting delving heavily back into freshwater aquarium keeping and went from one to five tanks very quickly. This resulted in a massive rearrangement of my office and subsequent hobby space. With all my tanks setup and settled, it was time to get back into the hobby.

Luckily I've found some motivation, as I have my first game in a year tonight against a local buddy I haven't seen in a long time. I'll be bringing out the boyz this time against his Emperor's Children and, as we are playing on his dining table, a smaller than ideal gaming surface, I've decided to bring more toys than boyz. With that decided, I just had to finish up my mega armoured nobz. I so wanted to get my newly purchased shokk atack gun ready for play, but I just didn't have the time to build and then paint it, and I abhor playing with unpainted miniatures.

So without further ado, here are the MANz.

I stuck with the Blood Axe rainbow paint job scheme, as I did with my deffkoptas. I tried to do an actual camo pattern on the Ogryn Camo painted MAN, but I'm not sure if it translated well, so I kept the others a single colour paint job. That may change later, but I'll wait to see how they look on the battlefield.

Up next is that SAG!

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #386 on: June 21, 2019, 12:54:00 PM »
Great additions, DoW, and welcome back ;D! Nice to see that you've returned, and with some cool stuff no less! I like colors on the meganobz. I think the camo could be improved in some areas, while think in other areas where the pattern is longer and more prominent are pretty good. But I cannot give much advice as I have not tried the camo pattern! Kudos for tackling it though! You're braver than I, sir!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #387 on: June 24, 2019, 12:13:34 AM »
love how the parts have been salvaged from various SM chapters ;)

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #388 on: June 29, 2019, 04:32:41 AM »
They look cool DoW.Really nice weathering effects across all the models. My favourite is definitely the Blue guy. Really nice finish on him.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #389 on: October 4, 2019, 08:56:53 AM »
Thanks everyone for the kudos. I absolutely loved painting and playing with these mega armoured nobs.

Sorry for the absence, but I've been an extremely busy boy over the past few months. I've recently joined a dodgeball league and realized I'm not as young as I thought I was. I've also found a new LGS that opened just minutes from where I lived. Having a place close by has reinvigorated me to start playing again and the guys that own the store are so cool. One of the co-owners is a top tier Canadian player and I asked him to show me how to play ITC games, as I was interested in maybe joining some tournaments in the future. Needless to say I was taken to 'school', but I learned a ton and had heaps of fun.

This has put me on the warpath to start reconfiguring my typical army lists and forcing me to pickup the newest codex and datacards instead of just relying on Battlescribe.

I've gone to town building and now have 4 more lootas, 14 burna boyz, 5 tankbustas, a trukk, and a battlewagon built, primed and ready for paint.

I'll try and update after each new unit is completed.

But as promised, here's my Shokk Attack Gun;

I still have to finish basing him and I'm still on the fence on what to do with the warp energy effects, but he's table top ready at the moment.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #390 on: October 4, 2019, 08:50:36 PM »
Welcome back, Dog of War, glad to see you making a triumphant return!

That Shokk Attack Gun is really well executed. I love how you did the leather on the tubing, the rusted metal on the weapon itself, and the skin on the Big Mek and the Gretchin is great.

Wonderful job, cannot wait to see the rest in time ;D!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #391 on: October 4, 2019, 11:14:39 PM »
Good to have you back. I really like what you've done on him. I'm about to paint one for a friend so will use yours for some influence. I'm stealing the leather idea on the weapon, that really looks good.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #392 on: October 6, 2019, 01:42:23 AM »
welcome back DoW. Orks are just a lot of fun to paint :) Looking great.

Offline Nutty

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar, Imperial Guard, Tau
« Reply #393 on: October 6, 2019, 03:29:39 AM »
That's a good looking Mek. I like the weathered look of the metal; it's nice and worn without being over the top.

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #394 on: October 10, 2019, 01:56:49 PM »
Thanks everyone! It's good to be back. Had a little hiccup this and last week with both my games being cancelled, as my opponent had forgotten we had made plans both times and was either engaged playing someone else or was a no-show. Oh well...it was just an excuse to get some more painting time in and work on my list some more.

I finished off 4 more lootas and I'm now up to 13 (damn you GW for only putting 4 deffguns in a 5 man box!). My thoughts were to load up a battlewagon with a full 15 man unit and add a shokk attack gun mek and a kustom force field mek to make a brutal, mobile, shooting platform. I also thought of putting in 2 units of 10 lootas instead and mob them up at the beginning of the battle to make my stratagems a lot more effective, but I'll need to buy a lot more lootas for that.

Still may add a few details here and there, but over all I'm satisfied and think their battle ready.

Next up I have a trukk and a battlewagon to work on. I've got both built, primed, and the base dry-brushing coat completed, so I should be able to get them completed by next week.

As for what I'm working towards, I'll leave you the 2000 point ITC list that I'm building towards.

Battalion A Goff

Warboss: Attack Squig, Big Choppa, Shoota
Weirdboy

Slugga Boyz x29 + nob Powerklaw
Slugga Boyz x29 + nob Powerklaw
Gretchin x10

Burna Boyz x10

Meganobz x2 w/ x2 kombi-skorcha
Meganobz x2 w/ x2 kombi-skorcha

Painboy with Powerklaw
Painboy with Powerklaw

Trukk w/ Big Shoota

Battalion B Bad Moon

Big Mek w/ KFF
Big Mek w/ SAG

Shoota Boyz x30 w/ x1 big shoota
Gretchin x10
Gretchin x10

Battlewagon w/ x4 Big Shootas
Lootas x14

The idea is to have a mob of 30 slugga boyz team up with a unit of mega armoured nobz and a painboy and advance up the field. The warboss will stay within range of both to ensure they can Waaagh! The weirdboy will Da Jump the shootas to get them in range and mortal wound things after. The lootas, SAG mek, and KFF mek will sit in the battlewagon and fire long range. If they have to move, I'll be using Dakka Dakka stratagem on them anyways, so the -1 to hit won't affect the lootas. I'll also have a pesky trukk filled with burnas to send them up the battlefield to bring some pain to any squishier units. Alternatively, if I want to hold the burnas back, I can get both units of MANz in the trukk and fire them into the enemy lines.

Offline Nutty

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #395 on: October 11, 2019, 04:05:23 AM »
Cool lootas, would it not be possible to build them a big gun out of bits to compensate for the fact that there are only 4 in the box?

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #396 on: October 12, 2019, 09:49:46 PM »
Great looking lootaz, DoW, they're looking for very goffic'! I'd love to see you paint some Flash Gitz sometimes, as Flash Gitz are my favorite Ork units since I first discovered Dawn of War back in the day.

Keep it up!

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #397 on: November 6, 2019, 11:13:47 PM »
Thanks Nutty. I could do that, and I was actually running some old rogue trader kombi guns as lootas (they were what lootas were based off of), but this time I'm going to try and get a more cohesive esthetic. I've run the 13 lootas for a few games now and I may just run short 2 for a while and spend the points on something else. If I ever happen by 2 loose used models, I'll be sure to snatch them up.

Thanks Myen'Tal. Flash Gitz would be super cool. I love the new models, but man are they pricey. $65 CAD for 5 guys is outrageous as an ork player. I'll either try and find some used or maybe I'll do some converting. Hmmm.... You've got me thinking now.

So I've been spending some time building more units and painting what I can. I've gotten in 3 more ITC games since last I've posted and I'm really loving the new codex (new for me anyway) and all these lovely strategems.

I was a little perturbed to find out that your standard ork is now a 32mm from a 28mm base and I`ve been spending a lot of my time upgrading 90 boyz worth of bases. Luckily my new local game store owner had some nifty base enlargers on hand, so I was able to update the entire army for under $40.

Off to play another ITC game tomorrow and hopefully my next post will have 2 more painted shokk attack guns, but here`s a trukk for now.

« Last Edit: November 8, 2019, 09:46:21 PM by dog_of_war »

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #398 on: November 7, 2019, 03:16:51 PM »
sweet trukk DoW the strips look fantastic!

Offline Nutty

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #399 on: November 8, 2019, 05:46:28 PM »
Nice camo: does it make the truk twice as lucky?