News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New orks on the horizen... any merit to this? / thoughts  (Read 2985 times)

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
New orks on the horizen... any merit to this? / thoughts
« on: January 25, 2013, 07:42:42 PM »
So I was searching the web and it seems they make much ado about the release stuff GW is doing for the Hobbit, and now on several different internet sites they have future release models.  Well this all could be likely a hoax I thought it was interesting some of the models they listed.   I felt a little obligated to share...

201x range
Ork Warbuggy / Deff Racer Plastic- box (buggy size)
Ork Deff Koptas Plastic- box (bike squadron size)   
Ork Gun Fortress / Mega Tellyporta Plastic- box (land raider size)
Ork Meganobz / Painboy Cyborks Plastic- box (infantry size)   
Ork Flying Fortress / Rokk Launcha Plastic- box (land raider size)
Ork Wartrakk Skorcha / Flakk Trakk Plastic- box (buggy size)   
Ork Big Guns / Pulsa Launchas Plastic- box (bike squadron size)
Ork Flash Gitz / Tellyporta Nobz Plastic- box (infantry size)
Ork Klan Fort Plastic- box (land raider size)
Ork Boar Squigs Finecast- box (07 size)
Ork Squiggotaur Finecast- box (09 size) - divergent affixes: mf
Ork Warphead Finecast- clamshell
Ork Painboy with Cleava Harness Finecast- clamshell   
Ork Grot Nurses Finecast- clamshell   
Wazzdakka Gutsmek Finecast- clamshell   
Gorbuzz ThreeEye Finecast- clamshell   
Gritlegg Maksmesh Finecast- clamshell
Boss-Kommissa Grotzki Finecast- clamshell

(info from warseer website)

I would say with all that potential a new Codex is in order as well.  But again take it with a grain of salt.  I thought it was interesting because I bought some models to make some Flakk traxx with for my next apocalypse game.  no clue on potential release date or if it is true...  but i plan on saving up some pretty pennies just in case. 

Offline Ork E Nuff

• Ork Boy
  • 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go!!!!!
  • Armies: Orks, SM (occassionally)
Re: New orks on the horizen... any merit to this? / thoughts
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 08:09:08 PM »
I am practically salivating to believe that this is true...PLASTIC MEGANOBZ????  A Teleporta array????Buggies????Special Characters that are not 20 years old????  Oh...to be a believer.... :o

But, then the cold b****-slappin' (editted for minors....) hand of reality sets in >:(...The one that reminds me that orks are not the bread and butter of 40k; Marines (of both persuasions) are...With so many recently released models bolstering the DA range and with more on the horizon, why would they release orks?  Don't get me wrong, I really want to be wrong in my outlook, but chances of seeing this come to pass even this year are pretty thin...The minute you release any new line of figures and rules, you'll get the insta-haters that will cry "Foul!!!! You had new releases when 5th ed was released!!!  My GKs haven't seen anything new in over a year...."  We all know the types.  Though we are the wildest, the craziest, the hands-down-most-fun to play army in our genre, I can't see GW releasing a slew of new just to appease the "lunatic-fringe", of which I'm a proud, card-carrying member.

But....let's say I'm wrong....I'm gonna need at least 2-5 of everything non-character...just to keep up with the Jones'.
OEN
 ;D
Blood n Guts is nuffin more dan bio-d-gradible axle grease.....Remember, that which does not kill you, will only try harder the next time...I've named me attack squig "Skippy"....is that wrong?

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 12:04:11 AM »
*places giant tin of Morton's salt on the table*
I think we're all gonna need this.

Orks are great, and GW has shown in the recent past a willingness to support them much more than they once did.  Perfect evidence of that is how they were in the last starter box or how on their last codex update (Jan 07) they brought out a rather large amount of models/kits (burnas/lootas, kommandos, tankbustas, bikes, trukk, and an update on the Boyz sprue).  Then they had even more kits release later on (Stormboyz, Battlewagons, Kans, Dreads, and Nobz).  In truth 90% of the Ork range is pretty new.

So it's not completely inconceivable that GW would have such a large release of Ork models with a new codex.  I think it's unlikely, but not completely inconceivable.

I'd be glad if this turns out to be true, but I'm not going to start saving money for a release package.  For starters there have been lots of rumors flying about on what the next codex will be, and call me crazy but I don't think Orks are the next on the block.

On the side note Plastic Meganobz do sound like a possibility when the next codex comes around, with 6th edition there is an increased demand for Terminator equivalents, as well as artillery and as a business it makes sense to release kits that would have a high demand.  Additionally GW did once have an Ork Fort, sure it was for GorkaMorka, but I'm fairly certain there'd be some demand for it, especially if it gets a great rules datasheet similar to the Fortress of Redemption.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline Eyeless1

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
  • Armies: Chaos Space Marines, Chaos Daemons, Orks
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 07:12:24 AM »
I read a rumor once on Faeit 212(a rumor blog) that Orks were being playtested and something about a 6+ feel no pain....that would be pretty cool...

I would love to see more Ork models. New ork models.

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 12:14:19 PM »
Well first off it wasn't just orks on the list...  i just posted the orks due to relevance to our forum...   but with looking at the actual list I see it as plausible...  maybe not so much probable but you never know.   There is a lot of details for it to be totally false.   Again this might mean they are not to be released for another year or so but still.....

Full list for those interested....
200x range
Space Marine Scouts with Astartes Grenade Launchers Plastic- box (infantry size)
Space Marine Astartes Battle Fortress Defence Wall Plastic- box (land raider size)   
Space Marine Astartes Battle Fortress Tower / Pillar of Heroes Plastic- box (land raider size)   
Space Marine Astartes Battle Fortress Monastery Plastic- box (oversize)
Space Marine Neophytes Plastic- box (infantry size)
Space Marine Techmarine with Artificer Squad Plastic- box (infantry size)
Space Marine Space Marine Tactical Squad Plastic- box (infantry size)
Space Marine Bike Squadron / Crusader Bike Squadron Plastic- box (bike squadron size)
Space Marine Land Raider Medusa Plastic- box (land raider size)
Space Marine Skyshatter Cannon Finecast- box (07 size)
Space Marine Gale Claw Supremacy Fighter Plastic- box (bike squadron size)
Space Marine Sword Brethren / Nightflame Veteran Squad Plastic- box (infantry size)
Space Marine Praetor Warmachine Plastic- box (land raider size)
Space Marine Librarian with Jump Pack Finecast- clamshell   
Space Marine Terminator First Hand Finecast- clamshell
Space Marine Defender Upgrade Pack Finecast- box (a10 size) - divergent affixes: XianD; li
Space Marine Bionics Upgrade Pack Finecast- box (a10 size) - divergent affixes: XianD; li
Space Marine Land Avenger Plastic- box (land raider size)
Space Marine Land Avenger Vulkan / Land Avenger Invictus Plastic- box (land raider size)
Iron Father Maalthun   Finecast- clamshell   
Chapter Master Tu’Shan Finecast- clamshell
Space Marine Librarian Epistolary Finecast- clamshell   
Paladin Marshall Sieghelm Finecast- clamshell
Severus Agemman, Regent of Ultramar Finecast- clamshell
Helveticus the Ancient, Bearer of Honour Finecast- clamshell   

201x range
Ork Warbuggy / Deff Racer Plastic- box (buggy size)
Ork Deff Koptas Plastic- box (bike squadron size)   
Ork Gun Fortress / Mega Tellyporta Plastic- box (land raider size)
Ork Meganobz / Painboy Cyborks Plastic- box (infantry size)   
Ork Flying Fortress / Rokk Launcha Plastic- box (land raider size)
Ork Wartrakk Skorcha / Flakk Trakk Plastic- box (buggy size)   
Ork Big Guns / Pulsa Launchas Plastic- box (bike squadron size)
Ork Flash Gitz / Tellyporta Nobz Plastic- box (infantry size)
Ork Klan Fort Plastic- box (land raider size)
Ork Boar Squigs Finecast- box (07 size)
Ork Squiggotaur Finecast- box (09 size) - divergent affixes: mf
Ork Warphead Finecast- clamshell
Ork Painboy with Cleava Harness Finecast- clamshell   
Ork Grot Nurses Finecast- clamshell   
Wazzdakka Gutsmek Finecast- clamshell   
Gorbuzz ThreeEye Finecast- clamshell   
Gritlegg Maksmesh Finecast- clamshell
Boss-Kommissa Grotzki Finecast- clamshell

202x range
Imperial Guard Storm Troopers / Iron Cloak Veterans Plastic- box (infantry size) - divergent affixes: 11
Imperial Guard Hydra Plastic- box (rhino size) - divergent affixes: 11

206x range
Chaos Bike Squadron   Plastic- box (bike squadron size) - divergent affixes: 3
Chaos Thousand Sons   Plastic- box (infantry size) - divergent affixes: 3
Chaos Noise Marines Plastic- box (infantry size) - divergent affixes: 3

208x range
The Avatar of Khaine Finecast- box (09 size) - divergent affixes: 11
Eldar Lamia Strike Fighter / Moon Siren Bomber Plastic- box (land raider size)
Eldar Eldritch Raiders Plastic- box (infantry size)
Eldar Webway Gate Plastic- box (land raider size)
Eldar Phoenix Lord Nuadhu, The Fireheart / Alean Vyper Plastic- box (buggy size)   
Eldar Spirit Warrior Plastic- box (land raider size)
Eldar Jetbikes Plastic- box (bike squadron size)
Eldar Dragon Riders Plastic- box (bike squadron size)
Eldar Wraithguard / Cataphracts Plastic- box (infantry size)   
Eldar Sky Chariots / Shining Spears Plastic- box (bike squadron size)   
Eldar Warpspiders / Everguard Plastic- box (infantry size)
Eldar Black Warden Finecast- clamshell
Eldar Fire Dragon Xentarch Finecast- clamshell
Eldar Dire Avenger Xentarch   Finecast- clamshell   
Eldar Howling Banshee Xentarch Finecast- clamshell
Eldar Striking Scorpion Xentarch Finecast- clamshell   
The Avatar of the Young King Finecast- clamshell   
Eldar Warlock with Force Staff Finecast- clamshell
Eldar Swooping Hawks Finecast- box (09 size)
Phoenix Lord Kyme'doc, The Planetwister   Finecast- clamshell - divergent affixes: XianD; 4

227x range
Dark Eldar Grotesque Squad Finecast- box (09 size) - divergent affixes: 11

256x range
Tau Empire Nautilus Defence Platform Plastic- box (land raider size) - divergent affixes: 3
Commander Farsight Finecast- box (07 size) - divergent affixes: 3
Tau Empire Mako   Plastic- box (rhino size) - divergent affixes: 3
Tau Empire Vespid Stingwings / Vespid Spinewings Plastic- box (infantry size) - divergent affixes: 3

271x range
Bloodthirster Plastic- box (rhino size) - divergent affixes: 3; 186080111840398
Lord of Change Plastic- box (rhino size) - divergent affixes: 3;186080211840397
Chaos Daemons Warp Stalkers / Chaos Furies Plastic- box (infantry size) - divergent affixes: 3;186080311440398
Great Unclean One Plastic- box (rhino size) - divergent affixes: 3;186083311840397
Keeper of Secrets Plastic- box (rhino size) - divergent affixes: 3; 186083411840396

28xx range
Sisters of Battle Battle Sisters Plastic- box (infantry size)
Sisters of Battle Seraphim / Patronica Squad Plastic- box (infantry size)
Sisters of Battle Repentia Squad Finecast- box (07 size)
Sisters of Battle Exorcist / Catafalque of Sins Plastic- box (rhino size)   
Sisters of Battle Sister Superior Magdalenia Finecast- clamshell
Sisters of Battle Canoness with Power Axe Finecast- clamshell
Sisters of Battle Prioress Lazarea Verata Finecast- clamshell   
Imperial Agents Enforcer with Heavy Stubber Finecast- clamshell   
Imperial Agents Obsideo Assassin Finecast- clamshell
Imperial Agents Deathwatch Kill Team Plastic- box (infantry size)   
Imperial Agents Deathwatch Librarian Finecast- clamshell
Mechanicus Battle-Servitors / Khorne Caedes Engines Plastic- box (infantry size)   
Cabal Tarellian Cotor with Dragontongue   Finecast- box (07 size)
Cabal Alpha Psyker Finecast- clamshell   
Kroot Kroothawks Finecast- clamshell   
Cypher Finecast- clamshell
Cult Hybrid Upgrade Pack Plastic- box (a10 size) - divergent affixes: XianD
Patriarch Dumas, The Veiled Fiend Finecast- clamshell
Freebooters Ogreen Kaptain Finecast- clamshell
Harlequin Solitaire Finecast- clamshell

(from Warseer)

after looking at the full list it seems a lot more practical that orks could be on the horizen... then again if it is just a big hoax, someone put a lot of time into it....  maybe too much time.  Taken with a grain of salt.

You know I would regularly agree with you guys, but unfortunately I do not.   I think orks have got a lot of attention, look at FW alone with the release of IA8 and all the love FW has given the orks.   I think the list is rather lenghty myself but I could see people jumping on the band wagon to buy ork stuff because it looks fun to build and play.   Not to mention orks were big in Space Marine video game, which introduced the gamer to the 40k side seeing primarily Space Marines and Orks as the big two, followed with Chaos Space Marines, and a slight touch of Imperial Guard and Daemons.   

It doesn't seem too far a stretch giving us some much needed main characters to unlock options, an update to some very outdated models (buggies, mega nobz, skorcha trax, big guns)  not to mention a larger flyer option, maybe with a transport option as well, and who wouldn't love an ork building.    Throw in a few new characters and a maybe update to flash gits and models to put on the table and I can see it happening.  Giving us some Flakk Traxx to deal with flyers....  it seems very geared toward 6th edition.   It isn't a full revamp like Dark Eldar did... or like it looks like they plan to do with Sisters or whatever they will be called.   I think it will probably be a two stage release.  First one will we get a codex and a decent selection of models, the second could be a secondary release or one of those mission books like City Fight etc...  where they release some models from every line.   Kinda like when they released the dakka jet with a few other flyers.   

I was very surprised not to see any real tau love in there, but considering this was posted a bit back, who knows how far in the future it might be (if at all) considering they released Dark Angels..   with next rumors to be Daemons, then Tau for the 40k line.   But again a lot of rumors.   I could see this being more of a 2014 release schedule if at all...   by the look of the Space marine section though it seems very geared toward Black Templars... which could use some love so who knows.   Just thought I would share.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 03:54:22 PM »
Well the first time this rumour appeared was in August 2012 in the Rumour Mill board of this forum then something similar appeared in November 2012. Seeing as the rumour is so old I'm not sure it bodes well for the Orks. Also as the rumour is so old shouldn't it have included the new DA for it to be considered credible. Check out the rumour mill or these links to see what I mean. The posts were by Travisb7 & fear13
40k Release list
Ork Rumors? Sounds like play testing may be underway?
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 06:40:33 PM »
Just because a rumor is "old" doesn't mean it isn't necessarily true.  Heck I remember seeing leaked pictures of the Wave Serpent in 04 and that didn't end up getting released until 06.  I know there are other examples of rumors/leaks like this that later proved true, but no other ones are coming to mind at the moment.

The biggest drawback to a new edition of Orks would be the loss of IA8's rules, which I suppose could be faq-d but more likely have a re-release.  Of course Forgeworld is on the record about making a secondary IA Ork book that would focus on the 3 clans that didn't get attention in IA8, which I can see coming out a year or two after a new Ork codex (hopefully Blood Axes or Snakebites getting center stage).

One thing that does lend a bit of credence to the possibility of it though would be the Templars though.  It would make total sense to me that a Templar release would be practically hand in hand with the Ork release as a "just in case the Orks don't make all the money that we estimate" plan as well as the possibility for a dedicated anti-Ork Imperial force to appease their SM fanbase.

The Eldar stuff would be great, I do miss them from time to time as I never really got into their 4th Edition book, but what really intriques me is towards the bottom of the list: "Freebooters Ogreen Kaptain".  In the event this release packet is true for some unspecified year (likely candidates being this or next) this model I think would have 3 logical possibilities.  Freeboota Pirate lists return (perhaps as an allied list that can be hired by everyone), Freeboota character in the new codex, or my favorite as an option for the Ork codex hire Freeboota Pirate Ogryns.  I know that last one's a longshot, but I think it could be nice to have Ogryns back in an Ork book, I mean sure we could run them with Orks with the allies rules, but then we have to take the other humies and unless your playing Blood Axe mercs or Freebootas that's just unfluffy (I know that I'm one of the rare people who actually care about fluff).

When overlooking the possible Ork release I really have to take pause over the "Rokk Launcha" which just kinda makes me hurt.  I know it's just because I'm so fluff minded, but I'd really like Rokkz to stay asteroid spacecraft that when used as a planetary missile and doesn't explode becomes a venerable fortress for the Orkz.  If they retcon them to Bastions I'll still be fine, but making Rokkz a payload or as a re-envisioned hop splat would be kinda lame.  Of course finally being able to have an in game use for the telly-portas which have been in the fluff for 20+ years would be great, especially for Megas as it would bring them closer to being true TEQs.

Peace
~OD

Post Script: "Patriarch Dumas" really reminds me of the old AW Mr. Dumas commercial, which in itself is a stupid outdated pop culture reference that I can actually see Matt Ward creating similar to Trazyn the Ape Man, I mean Trazyan the Infinite.  I really hope he doesn't get the chance to rewrite Ork fluff like he did the Necrons.
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 03:03:30 PM »
I called my friend, who has a buddy that knows this guy whose second cousin is dating this other guy that knows someone at GW, and he reliably informed me that the orks will have their new codex and models in 2014, maybe towards the end of the year just in time to compete with the second Hobbit movie and their model releases.

So, if you don't have a large container of salt please go to the nearest salt mine and get a truck load, just in case....  ;)
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 10:34:51 PM »
I actually think GW gives orks a lot of support...  And they are really not a fringe army...  Just about everyone has a small ork army after AoBR...  And when our current codex first came out, everyone and there broter was playing orks...  I remember going to a tourney one time where 3 out of 4 players were green...  I thought to myself, this is right, I'm the ork guy who was with them before they became popular! lol

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline syth773

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 12:27:39 PM »
Orks are probably one of the most recognizeable armies (after the posterboy marines).  They are in pretty much every GW related computer game (dawn of war series, space marine, the many warhammer games).  Personally I think they are the most lovable army in the 40k universe (everyone else is so fricken serious lol).

I'm really hoping they get re-released soon.  The new rules tend to favor shooty armies a lot and ork vehicles are cardboard with the new rules (well they were always cardboard, now they're soggy cardboard).  Definitely the army i'll focus on rebuilding after they get redone.

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 02:25:41 PM »
I wouldn't count the current orks out...  FW has done a good job of filling in some holes int he ork lineup...  There is still the cheap boyz, which form the back bone of ork armies... 

However, I am hoping that the new codex has some more flavor...  The current codex is from the "boring" codexes...  These are the ones that just seem kind of bland...  Dont' get me wrong, I love orks, but compared to the codex before the current, our new dex is pretty generic... 

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline Baldar89

• Mad Jester
  • Armies: Orks!
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 04:23:53 PM »
I can't say if a new codex will be a good thing or not: I'm new to Orks army so, I fear that a new codex can penalize Orks or contain abominations of ours fovaurite army...
On the other hand is possible that the new codex can be amazing so: I keep waiting with both anxiety and hope fo our greenskin heroes!

P.S. I started Orks mostly because: in a time with laser beams, spaceships and planetary missiles: they use kamion, buggy and empty asteroids as drop pods for landing!!! This is the right way to do a deep strike intead that humies, silly drop pods and I really will be an happy ork if they put something like that in a new codex!
"Remember Elan: It dosen't matter if you lose or win, as long as you look really cool doing it!"

Offline zachay2000

• Ork Boy
  • If we don't end WAAGH, WAAGH will end us!
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 06:04:52 PM »
So this made me very happy! Just from looking at it there are some things that I can't wait to see (if they are true) such as the boar riders, the squiggotors, and Grotski at the bottom (no I don't know who grotski is but I love the name)! If this is a list of things to come I hope they release some of the models first, and either put the rules in faq or white dwarf. I share the concern that a new codex might take away a lot of what makes the orks great but at the same time I would really love to see expanded rules for each clan.

I could go on and on about how expanding on paint jobs would help this but IA8 does give some interesting options. For instance there is a named Warboss on pg 205 that is a Deathskullz warboss with a Kustom Mega-blasta, a single group of lootas as troop choices, and eternal warrior (blue tats). More of this would be awesome and I would really love to see (and we might still!) a snakebite warboss that lets you take kommandos as a troop choice.

I'm getting very ahead of myself, with the list of potential new units out and with the new codex teasing us on what seems like a far off horizon it's hard to not get excited.
Check out the Two Headed Geek channel on Youtube! TwoheadedGeek's channel - YouTube *Latest Video= Army Update*