News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters  (Read 330789 times)

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + Campaign Projects
« Reply #880 on: September 26, 2016, 07:05:58 AM »
@Looshkin- Thanks man I totally appreciate it. Really want to give my guys that wild look again. Things started getting a little clinical when I added that 3rd Avenger unit with a lot of Corsair helmets... Same thing with the Jetbikes. But now I'm gonna go and kitbash with DE bits the rest of my units so the FW Corsair kit is really just an accent in my army, not the predominant look of the models. Anyway thanks man and I'm really glad you like the Spiders. I'm dying to field them!

@Auric- Holy crap you are right! I just jumped up and ran down stairs to confirm in IA:11 and you are totally right! Wow... I did not realize that! So cool.... its perfect. Prince: Shadowfield Void Sabre plus Reaper of the Outer Dark, Baron: Void Sabre, Shadowfield, 3x Felarchs with Venom Blades would make the PERFECT little skirmishing unit. Wow I've got to model these guys up!

Thanks so much for the headsup Auric I really appreciate it! I cant believe I missed that...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 07:08:15 AM by Cavalier »
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #881 on: September 26, 2016, 07:55:27 AM »
It's easily missed but I've seen it used a couple of times and I've used it myself once. I was up against a Tyranid player where it absolutely wrecked face. Tau etc might be a bit more of an issue for it though.
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #882 on: October 2, 2016, 08:09:51 AM »
Hey guys back with another bat-rep! This time against my first 40k bud I made when moving down to North Carolina. Chris arrived with his new Dark Hunters army and they look great. This man loves his bikes and these White Scars successors looked very nice. This is one of the nastier lists I've been up against. How well will my Warhost Detachment do in its first game? Lets find out.

Setup: Standard deployment, The Relic, Dark Hunters have first turn.

The Lists:

Dark Hunters 2000pts
This list was a variety of formations of which I cannot remember all the details. They basically select certain units and get various bonuses for attacking them. They can also trigger certain responses from the targeted units as you'll see.

Kharn
Company Master- Bike, Power Weapon
2x Librarians on Bikes- 1x Force Axe, 1x Force Sword Forewarning, Perfect Timing, Precognition
1x Librarian- Terminator Armor- Perfect Timing
6x Bikers- Grav x2
6x Bikers- Grav x2
6x Bikers- Melta, Attack Bike- Multi-melta
6x Bikers- Melta, Attack Bike- Multi-melta
Landspeeders x2- Assault Cannons x2, Heavy Bolters x2
Imperial Knight- Gattling Gun, Rapid Fire Battle Cannon, Icarus Autocannons

Eldar Warhost Detachment

Autarch- Jetbike, Soulshrive, Banshee Mask
-Windrider Host-
Farseer- Jetbike, Guide, Fortune, Eldritch Storm, Mind War
Warlocks x3- Jetbikes, Conceal, Destructor, Embolden, Enliven (?)
3x Jetbikes- Scatters Lasers x3
Vyper- x2 Shuriken Cannons
-Aspect Host-
9x Dire Avengers- Exarch, Wave Serpent- Scatter Lasers, Shuriken Cannon
5x Fire Dragons- Exarch, Wave Serpent- Scatter Lasers, Shuriken Cannon
5x Dark Reapers- Exarch
-Aspect Host-
10x Scorpions- Exarch, Claw
5x Warp Spiders- Exarch
5x Warp Spiders- Exarch
-Hornet Swarm-
3x Hornets- 6x Pulse Lasers

Pre-Game Thoughts- I knew I was gonna be facing bikes but this list was crazy! Definitley thought I was in deep trouble. I was expecting a Knight as well but now that I saw it I was nervous. There wasn't too much cover, no Wraithknight, no Warp Hunter... it was gonna be up to my Aspect Warriors and some Psychic Support to do the job. I was very happy about my Pyschic Powers, but even with the buffs I was really worried about board control. I had to try and split his force somehow, or at least have a solid flanking attack with Scorpions, a unit of Spiders which would later be reinforced by my reserved Hornets, a unit of bikes and the Vyper. So I split my own force, castling everything up behind as much LOS blocking cover as possible. With the Scorpions and a unit of Spiders on the right, everything else on the left (as far away from the main host of bikes as possible). I knew he'd have to go near the Scorpions to get my main host... so if he diverted forces to deal with them and the Spiders that's fine. If he didn't I rip him up with monofilament and try and grab a few units in combat, while the rest of my force would blast away and then re-position as best they could.

Turn 1

Dark Hunters- So turn 1 was probably one of the most intimidating first turns in terms of movement I've ever seen. Just look at the before and after photos. Almost everything was about 12" from my lines by the end of the turn. Yet instead of focusing on those units (Jetbikes, Dark Reapers, Warp Spiders) he targeted my HQ unit with all the bikers which were in range. Luckily the Meltas and Grav-Guns were ALL out of range... a big mistake. Yet despite that he put a wound on the Farseer and killed all the Warlocks. Damn! I was really looking forward to trying out those psychic powers. Oh well.... The Imperial Knight also landed two hits with his Battle-Cannon putting wounds on all the Jetbikes, all the Warp Spiders and all the Dark Reapers. However after all that I only lost a single Dark Reaper and a single Spider. Whew! Got lucky there! My work was now cut out for me... never had this many units up in my face so soon. I knew I had to do some crazy stuff to avoid close-combat which would be the death of my army. Screening and target priority would be huge.

Eldar- So I felt very happy with my deployment after surviving that first turn. I hid the best I could and got above average rolls on my cover saves enabling me to make a solid riposte.  However Warlord was very much in jeopardy as I was forced to move towards the enemy with my Autarch+Farseer after taking those unsaved wounds on the Warlocks. Oh well I knew I had to go out and try and hold the line regardless. Time to put that Soulshrive to work! But first... In movement I deployed the Avengers (who I Guided), moved them out to make a screen to block the Hunters from potentially charging my Reapers and Bikes. The Autarch+Farseer got Fortuned. I moved the Spiders on the left to deal with the left most bikers. I began moving the with the Dragons up towards the Knight, but with the intent of still laying down support fire as I planned on a turn 3 move against the Knight.

Meanwhile moved out the Scorpions and Spiders on the right flew out of cover towards a unit of Scout Bikers and a normal Bike Squad. This was a tricky spot however... as the Scouts were shielding the big boy Bikers from an assault from the Scorpions... so I'll begin narrating shooting here. I made the risky choice to use the Spiders to clear the 3x Scout Bikers which they did, clearing the path for a 7" charge for the Spiders.

Then... incredibley... the Avenger unloaded 18 shots into a unit of bikes and wiped them out! Insane! 6 Bladestorms rolls and he chose not to jink. Oh my beloved Avengers you always do me justice! Then the Dragon's Serpent tore up another unit which was then wiped out by the Spiders, while the Reapers destroyed another unit of bikes. Wowzers... this was total carnage. My 2x3 Jetbikes then reduced another squad to a Librarian and another single model,  and the command squad on bikes to 3 dudes, Librarian, Khan and the Company Master. This was incredible! Yet the slaughter didn't end here. Assault time and my trusty Scorpions made their charge and the Exarch slaughtered the whole unit! Insane! The Autarch and Farseer also chipped in killing a lone biker while the Librarian survived. Wow... probably one the best turns my army has ever had. Legendary! I then battle-focused, jetbiked and jetpacked everything into cover. Wow what a turn.

Turn 2

Dark Hunters- Well the Dark Hunters had made a huge mistake. All their big guns were out of range and the Knight had only done incidental damage. He probably rushed to far forward, and instead of focusing on my Bikes and Aspect Warriors he went after my HQ who is a middling support unit at best. They paid the price and their force was in tatters. However they would still seek revenge in this turn. All the surviving units unloaded on my HQ, dropping them after a lot of shots. Then the Scorpions who were out in the open got blasted by the Knight. I was making crazy go-to-ground cover saves (+ stealth) and it took till nearly the last roll to remove the Exarch. While the follow pic was meant to show the removal of the Autarch, it really shows how little was left for the Dark Hunters.

Before...

After...[

Wrap-Up- We went on to go 3 full turns but called it after that. I felt bad for my buddy Chris. That was a brutal turn 1 riposte by the Eldar. But his whole army was right in my wheel house, with all his big guns out of range. He also made a huge mistake in targetting my HQ unit, when he could have gone after tons of other juicy targets. He also made a huge mistake by not jinking especially with Skilled Rider against the Guided Avengers which would have totally changed the game (but Jinking is for Eldar, as he said).

I specifically brought this army to be a toned down force, but Chris felt it was a "power list" nonetheless. I disagreed quite strongly... no Wraithknight, no Warp Hunter, only a couple units of Spiders and only 3x Jetbikes. Those units weren't even the heavy lifters. It was the Avengers, Serpents, Scorpions and Reapers which did all the work. Oh well it was still a great win for my Eldar and I enjoyed playing despite the relative shortness of the game.

Anyway guys thats all I got for now. Hope you enjoyed the bat-rep. Stay tuned I'll have some hobby stuff to share shortly. See you soon.

« Last Edit: October 2, 2016, 08:14:29 AM by Cavalier »

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #883 on: October 2, 2016, 08:58:46 AM »
What a devastating turn. I was very curious after his first turn why he blobbed 75% of his army, so close to your forces with zero cover. He really didn't take advantage of his speed and mobility and tried to use them as a horde. Not enough wounds in that mob to tank that many shots. Better to split up and zip around the board edges. He could have outflanked you up the board sides while laying down some long range fire support from the knight.

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #884 on: October 2, 2016, 12:19:13 PM »
Well , he definitely made some big mistakes early on. Just an amazing counterpunch though. If he had targeted several units, he likely would have crippled at least a couple and reduced the incoming fire greatly.

Good report Cav, and your entire army on that board looks great.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #885 on: October 3, 2016, 06:37:20 AM »
You didn't bring an overly powered Eldar list, so no worries on that score.  Chris's problem was being too aggressive too early and questionable target priority.  I understand why he went after your HQ, such units are always a tempting target and Eldar psykers have a reputation which tends to tempt opposing players into targeting them.  Your army though, unlike a lot of Eldar armies, isn't built around the Farseer, so he got caught out.

A far bigger problem was that he was too aggressive with the bikes, but too cautious with the long ranged units, which needed to be moved forward to guarantee being in range.  When up against a mobile with a mobile army, the key is to knock out your opponent's mobility to gain board control.  This is why he needed those long ranged weapons to be shooting down your Jetbikes and Warp Spiders.

The dice were clearly with you during that incredible turn, but also why didn't he jink the bikes?  I get the impression that he was a bit over confident regarding the durability of Marines on bikes against the AP of the Avenger Catapults, but volume of fire is a very dangerous thing in 40K, especially against small and expensive bike units.

Well played Cavalier :).
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #886 on: October 3, 2016, 07:10:37 AM »
@DoW- Yeah it was such a crazy turn. I've only had a turn like that once or twice before. I agree with you... I tried to counter deploy him and get as far away from the big bike squad as possible, so I could escape close-combat for perhaps 2 turns if I got really lucky. Their just wasn't enough punch in those bolters to do much, and the special weapons weren't really dangerous as I didn't have a Wraithknight or many vehicles. I think he really just jumped the gun, and Eldar are just so punishing when you make a mistake, especially a big one with your whole army in range. Anyway thanks DoW!

@Looshkin- Hey thanks Loosh. It was a crazy game. Like Irisado said, if he had targeted my heavy hitters, it would have been a very different game. Also thanks for the kind words on the army/board. Honestly I'm dying to get in some games at home, so I can really deck out the board with all the little stones, lichen etc and all my best terrain. Anyway thanks Loosh I'm really glad you enjoyed it, thanks!

@Irisado- Thanks Irisado. I know its extremely frustrating for Chris, as he's only beaten me once in about 15 games. It did sting a little when he said I had a "power list" because I really tried to bring a balanced army and not just spam power units like Wraithknight, Warp Hunter, Hornets, Jetbikes and Warp Spiders. I even tried to bring less LOS blocking terrain as all the Jetbike moves, flickerjumps etc. can add to the opponents frustrations.

But yeah excellent analysis by you. He was way to aggressive and even if his special weapons were in range, it wouldn't have been potent enough to classify as a strong "Alpha Strike". If he had re-positioned on turn 1, instead of relying on his bolters it would have forced me to perhaps move out my Spiders and Avengers into the open. Yet instead I was able to stay castled up behind that ruin instead of moving out to attack, as he put his whole army in range. He could have been more bold with the Knight too, moving out to the center (while keeping rear armor to his own table edge) with good LOS behind the ruin where all my guys were hiding he could have forced me to break from cover and set-up his bikes to tag me up with their weapons before assaulting.

As for why didn't he Jink.... I'm really not sure. Honestly I think he was just getting flustered and didn't think it through. If even just one of those units had succeeded in multi-assaulting he still would have been in the game. I told him how deadly the catapults would be if I rolled 6's and with that high volume of shots you expect at least a few... but he didn't go for it. Also yes those dice rolls were INSANE.

Anyway Irisado thanks very much. Despite a SMALL bit of saltiness on his part at the end (I probably over emphasized that a bit) it was still a very fun. It was awesome to play the Warhost with the guaranteed movement with battle-focus. I'm definitely going to play this list again, it was super fun and felt like a great raiding force. Thanks Irisado I always appreciate it!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #887 on: October 4, 2016, 08:48:46 PM »
Man I want your dice Cav :)

I don't fault the agressive move of the bikes, he just got a bit unlucky with the dice rolls and didn't Jink. The farseer with warlocks make an excellent anti-melee force, so I get why he focused on those as his next move would have been to slap you around in assault. Would have been a very different game if it had worked.

Offline Ibushi

• Coming to a croneworld near you
  • Armies: PEW PEW spinny death
« Reply #888 on: October 5, 2016, 02:07:16 AM »
Wow my friend this bat rep was the most epic grim dark bloodbath ever!

Loved the sneaky scorpions holding down the right flank hidden in that ruin before bursting forth to decapitate the unsuspecting bikers! Baha! That exarch is truly a champion of the Eldar race, maybe he needs a special medallion or something.

Charging the Warlord and Farseer into the fray was also a great choice, one way to keep the bloodbath going but also throw a bone to your opponent at that point -- that's one thing I am getting more keen on doing in tournament games where giving away a point after you're already winning is not a big deal, but it makes the other guy feel great!

The picture makes it look like the Autarch+Farseer make a unit on their lonesome there?

Last but not least, the Dire Avengers are totally avenged for their somewhat tragic couple of games, wow what a beasting bunch of players!

Great stuff man, I was in the hot seat for you seeing that lot coming forwards turn 1.... surprised he didnt have scout on the bikes to give the extra 12" movement though, what chapter tactics does he use?

Also those two armies are gorgeous, so glad you stocked up on the photographs, thank you sir!
Check out my PLOG! Croneworld Koxinga Rises

Wet Coast GT 2015 Best Overall
TSHFT 08-15 3rd Place, Best Eldar
Guardian Cup 8.5 Best General
Attack-X Best Overall
WGWB 2015 Best Overall
Tanksgiving 2015 Best Overall

Samurai Eldar, Coming to a Croneworld Near You.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #889 on: October 5, 2016, 07:01:24 AM »
@Magenb- I have to admit my dice always do me justice. They do go cold as everyones does but this set I bought from my YLGS is beyond legendary. Love em to death. I try and charge them up with good vibes on every dice roll and it seems to work :) Yeah if he had made contact it would have been death. I almost brought the Avatar to this game... would have been epic!!!

@Ibushi- Hey bud thanks as always. Yeah my Avengers went absolutely berserk. Its rare when they don't shine. The Scorpions as always had a great stand-out moment to completley clear my right flank. I actually like pairing them up with the Spiders. Gotta get second unit of Scorpions. I'd love to have 2x Aspects Hosts: Spiders, Scorpions, Dragons.

As for Chapter Tactics, he was running White Scars (Dark Hunters are their succesor chapter) with a bunch of formations and he did Scout + normal bike moves which was frightening as always. I just counter-deployed him as far as I could.

Yeah it certainly was a ridiculous bloodbath. Even though it was totally one sided I did enjoy it... as pulling off that flank attack with Scorpions/Spiders and the moments with the Avengers was just really memorable. Also the FREAKING Dark Reapers man! Gotta convert up a unit of Corsair Reapers... just need 1 or 2 more EML's which I should have soon.

Anyway thanks as always buddy. I appreciate it!

@Everybody- I'm almost done with an insane commission, with an insane deadline... so after that I should have a brief reprieve allowing me to resume my normal hobby activities! This next wave of hobbying should allow me to finish my 2nd unit of Spiders, and after that I should have reinforcements will be arriving, allowing me to run a true Corsairs list (and complete a centerpiece unit for my CWE). Also I'll return to work on my Dark Angels... which after this commission should be easy as hell. New models, new units are the way. The Dark Angels are also screaming for attention Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: October 5, 2016, 07:04:41 AM by Cavalier »

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #890 on: October 9, 2016, 10:54:17 AM »
Hey gang, back with another hobby update at long last. So I just finished up a crazy commission and I wasted no time jumping right back into my own projects the day after. So what I've done? I finished painting the Spider Exarch, just need to add some flock/static grass to his base.

Also jumped back into my Dark Angels. I wanted to give these guys some real love and push the paint jobs... so I added checkers to the Honored Brother Zeuriel's  powerfist and more weathering.

Also finished Squad Vastatus' Sergeant and did some new weathering on him. I'm gonna weather the entire army.

Also worked on some terrain which you can see in the various pics.

Really excited to get some painting in on my own models. With these last 2 major comissions out of the way I can re-order my time to get hobby time in on the regular which will be great. Gotta finish my Spiders and Squad Vastatus and proceed from there. Should get some games in soon as well. Anyway stay tuned guys and I hope you liked the update. Talk soon!

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #891 on: October 9, 2016, 10:58:17 AM »
Those are some very nice Dark Angels, I have to say. I still need to start a 30k army at some point. Need to decide which it'll be!
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #892 on: October 10, 2016, 07:48:17 AM »
Thanks KS. I'm really enjoying painting them... the first army I attempted to build back in 2nd ed. was Dark Angels. I quickly switched to Eldar not long after but I always wanted to have the mighty 1st Legion as my secondary army.

Choosing a Heresy army is so tough if you don't have a favorite... especially the Traitor legions. All the armies feel very "exotic" with all their unique chapter traits, wargear etc.

This DA army is gonna be dual purposed... its going to by WYSYWG 30k/40k. So that'll be a fun challenge itself... gotta say though the most fun thing is doing all the heraldry and whatnot. I'm challenging myself to go all out in that regard. Waiting to get more details on the pre-heresy DA squad markings as its been different in 2 different pics from FW. But super fun project all round. Thanks!

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #893 on: October 10, 2016, 08:41:49 AM »
Once again Cav that dreadnought looks beautiful. You get such a clean paint job on things. So impressive!
On the sargeant are the eyes just flat yellow? It's tough to see in the picture but I am surprised you arent using any sort of highlighing or varnish to make them stand out a bit.
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #894 on: October 11, 2016, 06:58:13 AM »
Hey Auric. Thanks for the comments on Honored Brother Zeuriel (love doing all that Space Marine talk lol). Very happy with how he came out. Really glad I went back and added the checkers and additional battle damage. Also yes! Good catch on the eyes on Sgt! I did forget to highlight. Also I've not glossed the eyes yet on these guys but I gotta remember to do that. It wont look right until I do. Anyway Auric thanks for the feedback as always. It is appreciated!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #895 on: October 12, 2016, 01:19:20 PM »
Hey gang. Back with another quick update... so I finished my second squad of Spidres at last! Very happy with how they came out... Gonna lean hard on the DE bits from here on out... The FW ones while great do look a little to clean at times... I want my guys to look a bit more wild. Anyway check em out!

Also, all but finished on the first 5 guys from Tac. Squad number 2. Forgot to do their company badges... and they need some greenery on their bases. But other than that they are done. Really like how the weathering came out on them. Very fun!

Alright thats it for now guys. Hope you enjoy the updates and talk to you soon!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #896 on: October 13, 2016, 01:45:02 AM »
Looking great as always. What is the blue light on the Marines from? It really adds to their look. 8)
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #897 on: October 13, 2016, 06:51:40 AM »
Hey thanks Dread. Having a ton of fun working on my Dark Angels... yeah the blue light is from the windows in the kitchen (a whole room away). Yesterday was glorious so all the windows were open. It does look cool! Anyway thanks bud :)

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #898 on: October 13, 2016, 01:56:27 PM »
Lovely work Cav. Those Spiders just look brilliant. I had never really noticed spot colours in your Eldar work before (maybe I wasn't looking, I'll have to go back and check!), but the blue sashes are great - nice and cool to offset the general warmth of the models. Lovely.

Those DA are coming together really well too. The dread in particular is sweet work. Really minimalist, but enough little details to make everything pop. Nice detail work on the name scroll and the check work too. Keep the updates flowing!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #899 on: October 17, 2016, 01:42:14 PM »
@Looshkin- Thanks Loosh! Yes the turquoise on this unit of Spiders is the heraldic colors for all the "2nd Coterie" units in my army. 1st Coterie rocks very pale grey and white spirit stones and markings, while 2nd Coterie rocks turquoise. 3rd coterie gets purple... but I may end up going back and changing that color. If you scope out my Avengers it'll show it in full detail.

Thanks on the Dark Angels as well. As always I do like to rock it minimalist style... but I do hope to pour more details into them as soon as a proper Horus Heresy book comes out detailing everything. So far they've had 2 styles of livery in 2 separate pieces of art from FW. So I want to see a bit more before I totally commit, as I want these guys proper. The detail is specific is the position of the squad number on the tactical arrow. In one piece is between the lower points of the arrow, on another its over the tactical arrows like it is in 40k. So I do want to wait... also I believe the tactical arrows were 2 different colors white/red so again I'm gonna hold off just a bit before 100% finishing.

Anyway thanks bud I do appreciate it very much!

@Everybody- Just another mini-update. So I finished everything (minus the squad markings for reasons detailed above) on my 2nd tactical squad. Very happy with how the weathering came out. Also glossed the eyes and applied checkers as well. Very happy with how they came out. I may go back and dry brush some brighter silver over the metal parts... though I am going for a somewhat dusty weathered look for these guys. I want them to look like they've been on the ground through a couple of battles.

It was hard getting photos of these guys... I need to get a different colored background to photo them as it does show off the rich black on either a white or black background.

Also finished making and painting another piece of terrain. I'm in the process of re-vamping my terrain collection. I've got some cool ideas after watching WintersSEO. I want to have enough spires, boulders and craggy rocks to an all natural board. To that end I want to give all the terrain I have a bit of a makeover, but also make a number new pieces as well. All the terrain I have is about 4 years old and I know I can do a better job. Also want it to blend into my game-mat a bit more.

Anyways guys that all I got for now. Hope you enjoyed the pics. My birthday present is arriving soon and I can't wait to show you what it is... but its only gonna be part 1 of my next hobby project. So stay tuned!