News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Eldar Path of Command  (Read 79194 times)

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: The Eldar Path of Command
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2014, 09:54:12 AM »
Just go for it is my advice.  You'll probably find that you'll know more than you think you do once you start writing :).  If others have suggestions for improvement, they can and probably will make them.  Sometimes it's necessary to just take the initiative, and I think that you've probably realised that in view of the thread you've started in the Eldar Project board ;).
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2014, 12:53:03 PM »
A little piece of news for you all.  In recognition of his long standing and excellent contribution to the forum through his painting blog, Cavalier has been awarded a unique custom title.  This will also count as a PoC title of sorts, although I've yet to decide what it equates to.  That's a side issue really though, the main thing is that quality contributions and not asking for recognition leads to recognition, so congratulations Cavalier :).  Keep up the great work :).

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2014, 01:56:32 PM »
That is wonderful, congratulations Cav, you deserve this, keep it up.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #43 on: November 6, 2014, 09:17:23 AM »
Thanks so much guys! I really truly appreciate it. I consider this forum THE preeminent place for all thing Eldar and to be so honored is truly that- an honor. Again thank you so much guys and gals I truly appreciate it.

EDIT: I just want you guys to know that I only became aware of my inclusion as of today Nov. 6th! Again I'm so pumped! Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: November 6, 2014, 02:45:00 PM by Cavalier »
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Lachdonin

• Warlock
  • Education is no substitute for Intelligence.
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2015, 07:31:45 PM »
*Deep breath* Hai every body!

I know I said I was returning last year, but we had some family issues come up which have taken the lions share of my time since April, and I've only really just got back into the whole 'having my own life' thing.

But! I've been swinging back up, have gotten a good deal of painting done over several months of working nights, and while i haven't played a game in almost a year and am far more into the hobby aspect these days, i'm trying to rekindle the passion.

So, once again, tentatively, Lachdonin is back online. Until someone else suffers serious health problems *knock on wood*...
Remember, you can make yourself a Hero, but only others can make you a God.

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2015, 05:45:56 PM »
I will be reviewing the PoC to see if any new members can be added when I get back from a short holiday.  In my absence, GML will be covering moderation of the Eldar boards.

I will also be considering promotions, and starting some new articles/projects once the new codex is released.  If anyone has any ideas about PoC development, please post them here, and I will read them when I return.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2015, 07:50:50 PM »
Have a nice holiday Irisado. I'm gonna try and do some video battle reports and put the new dex through its paces. I'd love to contribute it to any collective analysis that the forum puts together.

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2015, 06:44:14 AM »
Thanks Cavalier :).  If you post any of those video battle reports with the new codex, let me know, and I can add some links to the first page of this topic.

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2015, 02:54:12 PM »
A few announcements:

First, please welcome the newest member of the PoC, Grizzlykin, who has been awarded the Aspect Warrior title for his contributions across the forum :).  Second, Cavalier has been given an official PoC title to sit alongside his Corsair Prince title.  He has been making excellent contributions for quite some time now, so an official PoC title seemed only fair :).

I've also added a number of links to project blogs of interest to the Eldar community.  If you haven't already taken a look at these blogs, then I recommend doing so, as there is some very good work being done by members of the Eldar community here.  You can find the links here.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2015, 04:33:58 PM »
Good job Irisado, I agree with this 100%. Welcome guys and congrates on this great honor.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2015, 04:47:16 PM »
Huu that was quite unexpected and is very appreciated. Thank for this it's a great honor to become part of the foc when i think about it i don't think i've been here for than one year ><, so that's even more rewarding.. I always thought i was a noisy one, hopping around between thread posting everywhere any idea that came to my mind, so thank you for concidering me at least a bit usefull^^

Congrat Cavalier aswell :D I totally agree to this.

Well on this note, I will see you guy's in my project blog :D
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2015, 07:25:09 AM »
Thanks so much for the awesome POC title! I truly truly appreciate it. I love the forum and it's been really nice with the increased activity in the Eldar section. I've got a boat load of new stuff I hope to share with the forum very soon. Thanks again to everyone I really appreciate it!

Offline volatilegaz

• Aspect Warrior
  • I'm dead inside.
  • Armies: Eldar, Just starting Necrons
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2015, 08:25:41 AM »
Idea for some new content:

How about some list building competitions? I don't think we've had any for 2 codexes, now. They were fun.

The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit.

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2015, 09:23:47 AM »
That sound fun but how does that work >< how do you know who win in this kind of things

The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2015, 09:51:04 AM »
How about some list building competitions? I don't think we've had any for 2 codexes, now. They were fun.

If anyone would like to run the competitions, then by all means go ahead :).

Offline volatilegaz

• Aspect Warrior
  • I'm dead inside.
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2015, 10:08:08 AM »
The last ones I recall were a aeries of craftworld-themed lists. You post the lists plus a commentary on thought process / tactics, and after a certain period a new thread with a poll was opened up. Whoever got the most votes won.

Happy to run them, assuming I can work out how to setup the polls.

Iris: What's the best forum to use -POC or the main board? And are there any rewards I can offer to the winners?

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2015, 10:51:10 AM »
The last ones were craftworld themed lists, yes.  Don't feel you have to repeat that theme though, if you have an alternative which you think would be better.  My suggestion would be to ask for input from the Eldar community as to which type of list competition they would favour, assuming you have more than one idea in mind.  Please start a separate to ask for opinions if this is the case :).

The permissions are such that regular members cannot create polls, so once those need to be created, just let me know, and I'll set them up :).

It would be best to use the main board for any topics rather than using this topic, while the winners can expect to receive something from the 40K Online Staff prize title cupboard ;).

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: September 3, 2015, 03:47:02 AM »
Personnel changes:

A number of former contributors have been moved to the Infinity Circuit group, as they are currently inactive.  This includes both Autarchs.  As a result, I am inviting any of our Exarchs or Warlocks who would be interested in stepping up to become an Autarch to send me a PM and we can discuss it further.

In other news, Volatilegaz joins the PoC as an Aspect Warrior as recognition for his work on the army list building contest.  Congratulations :).

Offline volatilegaz

• Aspect Warrior
  • I'm dead inside.
« Reply #58 on: September 3, 2015, 04:24:41 AM »
Thank You!

An honour!

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #59 on: September 3, 2015, 04:26:05 AM »
 Congrats to you volatilegaz :D